Am I the only one who is worried

My only concern is I believe this OU team is a bubble NCAA team, so every single game is - sort of like - a tournament game. OU loses one game they are not supposed to lose and they are - probably - out of the tournament. Had OU beat OSU, this game would be for seeding in the tournament, not an invitation. Hence my worry

No. They would abuse you and are a lot better than the wannabe's playing pick up ball at whatever center.

Exaxtly! The ego some of you have is ridiculous. Perhaps some perspective will help. Here is a brief summary of OU's bench:

Tyler Neal - Oklahoma Gatorade Player of the year. You weren't.

Andrew Fitzgerald. All Big XII honors as a sophomore. Has scored 1,000 points at OU. Consensus Top 100 player. First Team Prep School Natoinal All American. You didn't get a scholarship to play at prep school let alone make a National All American team.

Cam Clark - Two Time Texas All State player. Consensus Top 50 player. Two year starter in the Big XII. You did none of these things.

Sam Grooms - Ranked as the third and 11th best Juco player by two different sources. Started a full season in the Big XII.

The other Big XII School's benches are not substantially different.

If you were to play in a pick up game with 9 of the worst scholarship players in the Big XII they would all abuse you. You would be lucky to touch the ball. The game would be much faster than you ever play. The defense (and they wouldn't be playing college game defense) would be much better than anything you have ever seen.

None of this means you are not a good athlete. Compared to a typical guy you might be a very good athlete but the guys with scholarships in the Big XII are elite athletes.

Exaxtly! The ego some of you have is ridiculous. Perhaps some perspective will help. Here is a brief summary of OU's bench:

Tyler Neal - Oklahoma Gatorade Player of the year. You weren't.

Andrew Fitzgerald. All Big XII honors as a sophomore. Has scored 1,000 points at OU. Consensus Top 100 player. First Team Prep School Natoinal All American. You didn't get a scholarship to play at prep school let alone make a National All American team.

Cam Clark - Two Time Texas All State player. Consensus Top 50 player. Two year starter in the Big XII. You did none of these things.

Sam Grooms - Ranked as the third and 11th best Juco player by two different sources. Started a full season in the Big XII.

The other Big XII School's benches are not substantially different.

If you were to play in a pick up game with 9 of the worst scholarship players in the Big XII they would all abuse you. You would be lucky to touch the ball. The game would be much faster than you ever play. The defense (and they wouldn't be playing college game defense) would be much better than anything you have ever seen.

None of this means you are not a good athlete. Compared to a typical guy you might be a very good athlete but the guys with scholarships in the Big XII are elite athletes.
Great post. Maybe I should have ignored his post but I see stuff like this all the time and never get it. Sure, you may get a few guys here or there that are good enough to keep up or not get lit by the types of guys you mentioned, such as say someone who played somewhere then went to grad school for example. But those are exceptions.

I agree and disagree.

I've met a lot of guys that never played beyond HS for different reasons (grades, drugs, other legal issues, etc) that are every bit as good as some of the small college players I've played against.

There was also a guy in HS that I played against, was one of the top scorers in Eastern Oklahoma our senior year, that ended up at the end of OSU's bench for a year or two. That dude wasn't anything special at all.

Back