Any Info On 2023 Recruiting

cowboysooner

Reaction score
With all of the negative momentum related to our play lately, was hoping someone could cheer us all up with some positive recruiting news.

What are we hearing on the Bixby kid, the Union Kid, the Johnson kid out of Norman and the Garrison kid.

any others in state or out of state we have a decent chance at? Thanks.

Bixby kid is likely going to creighton if I had to put money on it.

Tech/Ou is my guess for garrison. Tech is offering 250k and Benz for NIL.

Union id say Oklahoma but idk honestly.

Johnson no clue. Arkansas is pushing the hardest id guess.

Thanks Coach

What is your take on these Oklahoma kids. I have heard different things. Any of these really really good, or are they just good prospects similar to the kind of kids we usually get? As far as I know, no one is saying they are trae young or Blake, but I don't really know.

How about the 5 star In Bartlesville… I know it’s early but any chance he is an OU fan?

Thanks Coach

What is your take on these Oklahoma kids. I have heard different things. Any of these really really good, or are they just good prospects similar to the kind of kids we usually get? As far as I know, no one is saying they are trae young or Blake, but I don't really know.

I think they could all help us. This summer will tell a lot.

I think Pierce at union is getting better and better.

Parker can flat shoot it. He’s bumping up from a lower level aau to mokan.

Garrison I love the most. Needs footwork training but he has the tools to be a star.

Bixby kid is likely going to creighton if I had to put money on it.

Tech/Ou is my guess for garrison. Tech is offering 250k and Benz for NIL.

Union id say Oklahoma but idk honestly.

Johnson no clue. Arkansas is pushing the hardest id guess.

What a joke! If things don’t change, it’ll be time to find a new hobby.

If we're (OU) going to keep losing and not be talented. Might as well do it with a bunch of Oklahoma kids. I'm kind of joking here and kind of serious too.

If we don't start winning some games we won't have any recruiting success. I understand this first season isn't a really good judge for how Moser will do here, but dang! I thought with all of the experience coming in we'd at least be as good as last season's team, but we're even worse. I should have known when we lost to Utah State and Butler that we weren't as good as our record indicated, but I was trying to be optimistic. I know we have the ability to pull off an upset or two, but these kids don't even seem to believe they can anymore. We're very hesitant to go for our shots on offense, and we definitely need that 'guy' to step up this year, whoever he is. Perhaps the incoming freshmen will help, but i believe we need to land a transfer big in the off-season, what we have now/coming back won't cut it next year either!

If we don't start winning some games we won't have any recruiting success. I understand this first season isn't a really good judge for how Moser will do here, but dang! I thought with all of the experience coming in we'd at least be as good as last season's team, but we're even worse. I should have known when we lost to Utah State and Butler that we weren't as good as our record indicated, but I was trying to be optimistic. I know we have the ability to pull off an upset or two, but these kids don't even seem to believe they can anymore. We're very hesitant to go for our shots on offense, and we definitely need that 'guy' to step up this year, whoever he is. Perhaps the incoming freshmen will help, but i believe we need to land a transfer big in the off-season, what we have now/coming back won't cut it next year either!

The plus side is I think kids, more and more these days, commit to a coach as much or maybe even more than a program. Now that is not true in all cases, and better programs will obviously get better players. But, I think Moser has the ability to connect with recruits, and his energy is a draw. I think he can bring in more talent next year, and the year after even though this year is ending in disappointment. I will say though, he better do it quick before things start to snowball. Two or three years missing the tournament could spell bad things for the program.

The plus side is I think kids, more and more these days, commit to a coach as much or maybe even more than a program. Now that is not true in all cases, and better programs will obviously get better players. But, I think Moser has the ability to connect with recruits, and his energy is a draw. I think he can bring in more talent next year, and the year after even though this year is ending in disappointment. I will say though, he better do it quick before things start to snowball. Two or three years missing the tournament could spell bad things for the program.

Hopefully but kids want to win and winning puts exposure on them for the “league”. Granted not ALL guys have the league in their sights but the elite talented ones do.

I had intended to get to one of his games, but it hasn't panned out.

He's closer to 6'6 and only a around the basket player. Good for 3A Oklahoma & only a sophomore, but as of now not even close to a P5 or mid-major player.

Texas and Texas Tech have similar guys. How tall is the kid from Edmond North? Gray seems to have a few inches on him.

He's closer to 6'6 and only a around the basket player. Good for 3A Oklahoma & only a sophomore, but as of now not even close to a P5 or mid-major player.

Disagree 100%.

I think he’ll end up as top 50 player. Maybe higher.

He’s high major right now.

Disagree 100%.

I think he’ll end up as top 50 player. Maybe higher.

He’s high major right now.

That’s fine. It’s early for him & I could be wrong. I just don’t see it right now. I look at him compared to Garrison from Del City & it’s not close imo.

Back