Anyone impressed with TMG defensively?

Seymore Cox

Reaction score
I thought he did an oustanding job. He kept Roberson out of the lane all game. It was such an improvement from earlier in this year. Now he did benefit from Roberson not being a great shooter which made it easier on screens because all you had to do was go under all of them. But that's a scouting report everyone gets on Roberson and Roberson still gives people fits. Good Job General! Build off of it.

TMG is just a flat out stud. He's our best player and the 2nd best pg in the big 12 behind Collins.

Last edited:
I'm impressed with TMG from all perspectives. The guy is a true freshman on a team that isn't exactly helping him out very much and look at his numbers - very impressive. Plus, he'll only get better, IMO. He'll be giving us all sorts of trouble for the next few years.

Heck yes I'm impressed! I have been pleased with the way Tommy has performed most of the season. But he has exceeded all of my expectations in the last few games. He is a lot better on defense than even I thought he could be.

I think the Sooners have 2 bonified league superstars in the wings for the future. One would be TMG the other would be Tiny. If Capel finds a shooting guard to go with them look out, a final four run is very possible.

I think the Sooners have 2 bonified league superstars in the wings for the future. One would be TMG the other would be Tiny. If Capel finds a shooting guard to go with them look out, a final four run is very possible.

Earl, I would agree that a shooting guard is a good start, and I think help is on the way in the form T. J. Taylor at the two and Cam Clark at the three. Both have proven to be big time scorers on their high schools teams so far this season. More importantly, perhaps, is that they can also play a little defense.

But, OU will be in a heap of hurt again next year if we don't sign a couple of quality bigs to give us more depth in the post positions. It should be obvious to everyone by now that Tiny can't be counted on to avoid foul trouble that limits his playing time. I expect to see a lot of improvement in that area between now and next season, but we need depth in the worst way.

There is no one on our current roster that I can see who is a sure bet to fill the void. Fitz has a lot further to go than I first thought before he's ready to make a major contribution. I have no clue what Allen, Hardrick or Honore will be like? But I sure wouldn't want to gamble the success of another season on four guys who have not proven they can get the job done. Our coaching staff made that mistake this year, and look where it got us.

I'm impressed with TMG overall. He has been as good or better than I thought he'd be.

TMG has been the least of our worries most of this year.

my only complaint with TMG would be the timing of some missed FT's. but, the kid is a baller.

But, OU will be in a heap of hurt again next year if we don't sign a couple of quality bigs to give us more depth in the post positions. It should be obvious to everyone by now that Tiny can't be counted on to avoid foul trouble that limits his playing time. I expect to see a lot of improvement in that area between now and next season, but we need depth in the worst way.

Yeah, I'm hoping for a big improvement in this area for Tiny as well. The extra year of experience and better conditioning as well as teaching from Capel should help tremendously.

Good looking player that seems to be improving every game...He's a keeper, to be sure.

Back