Are these things safe to say right now?

elmocarp

Reaction score
I was noticing little things here and there and I thought I would throw out a few things just to see if you guys think these are relatively safe statements to make at this point...

OU and Washington are the favorites for Terrence Jones
OU and Kansas are the favorites for Doron Lamb
OU and UCLA are the favorites for Josh Smith
OU is the likely place for Barnes if he doesn't choose UNC or Duke
No one is really sure about Ray McCallum
No one is really sure about Trey Zeigler

Is that a fair way to assess things right now?

I would give Iowa St a better chance then us right now since they have the hometown factor but I get the feeling we are ahead of KU.

Never rule out the Phil Knight factor in Oregon's recruiting.

I was noticing little things here and there and I thought I would throw out a few things just to see if you guys think these are relatively safe statements to make at this point...

That is unbelievable. I just hope we don't get our hearts broken by finishing second on all these players.

I have no knowledge other than what I have read on this board about Ray McCallum but I (for whatever reason, call it intuition) think it is OU or Detroit. I just think OU is a great position. His dad knows the University and people in the basketball program. Ray knows people in Norman and at OU. OU has a coach that decided to play for a big name school rather than his father. I just truly believe OU is in as good a position as any school could be with Ray McCallum.

Your first 2 are probably right on. Smith and Barnes you are reaching, imo. There has been speculation toward your point but neither have come out and said anything close to that. Barnes is just as likely to go to KU as OU. You could actually say that if Barnes doesn't choose UNC or Duke that ISU has as much a chances as KU or OU.

With Smith I would say UW has as much of a chance as OU now that UCLA seems to be slipping.

Either way OU is in position to have an incredible class. I will say though that this is the point where you have to become more realistic in expectations. If OU signed just one of those remaining guys it would be an amazing class and a huge coup. I would say the odds are better that OU signs none of those guys than 2 of them. JMHO.

Your first 2 are probably right on. Smith and Barnes you are reaching, imo. There has been speculation toward your point but neither have come out and said anything close to that. Barnes is just as likely to go to KU as OU. You could actually say that if Barnes doesn't choose UNC or Duke that ISU has as much a chances as KU or OU.

With Smith I would say UW has as much of a chance as OU now that UCLA seems to be slipping.

Either way OU is in position to have an incredible class. I will say though that this is the point where you have to become more realistic in expectations. If OU signed just one of those remaining guys it would be an amazing class and a huge coup. I would say the odds are better that OU signs none of those guys than 2 of them. JMHO.

We are not remotely used to this. As a KU fan you have probably seen this play out many, many times. Therefore, you probably have more realistic expectations.

We are not remotely used to this. As a KU fan you have probably seen this play out many, many times. Therefore, you probably have more realistic expectations.

Yeah, you are probably right. The difference between KU and OU this year is that OU has already signed a huge difference maker in Cam Clark. If KU whiffs then we are left with Woolridge, who like Taylor will be a nice 4 year player but not enough to base a class on.

I just try not to get my hopes up because KU has been left at the altar so many times at the end by high profile recruits.

Back