Baylor @ Oklahoma

What a bunch of quitters. 30 point home loss to an average team with a dog**** coach. This team has gone off a cliff.

Tied 1st with ku ksu...wouldnt call them avg...

Disclaimer: IMHO:D

Just when you think you have this team figured out, they drop a duece like tonight. But, it seems when the pace is slow and shots are hard to come by in the paint..... and then if they don't make the first several of those shots in close, then they appear to have a glass jaw....and it seems to affect every player. We didn't even put up a fight after the first four minutes.....played like pansies. Maybe that is who we are.....I just don't know.:mad:

I think the Bird narrative has hurt him

He’s not the shooter everyone thinks he is, but no one has told him evidently

The best thing Manek does is wander around without the ball and gets lost for an easy layup. Catches it well around the basket.

I bet yours is still telling you how we have played such a great schedule , that we are a lock to be in the big dance .

Again a 16-28 conference record the last three years .

Nice cherry-picking there to deliberately exclude the final 4 team.

You & about 3 others only show up here to ***** about one thing or another & then disappear when the team wins. You cherry-pick stats to draw attention to anything negative. It's incredibly dishonest masquerading as "being realistic."

Just when you think you have this team figured out, they drop a duece like tonight. But, it seems when the pace is slow and shots are hard to come by in the paint..... and then if they don't make the first several of those shots in close, then they appear to have a glass jaw....and it seems to affect every player. We didn't even put up a fight after the first four minutes.....played like pansies. Maybe that is who we are.....I just don't know.:mad:
Go to espn and look at game flow...holy crap...early spread in early 1st half...just got bigger and bigger. Lol

Lons loose system does not equal consistency in 2019 , it’s simple as that . Add a below average staff and a conference who has made some GREAT hires the last few years ( and I’m NOT talking about Scott Drew) it’s pretty easy to see why we are here.

Lon is bringing in some major talent ( on paper) I think another year, possibly two is warranted depending on if the young players improve .

I love Lon but I love OU basketball much more , we deserve more . Three years of bad basketball is not OU .

What hurts the most is the last three years our teams have gotten WORSE , that’s inexcusable

You & about 3 others only show up here to ***** about one thing or another & then disappear when the team wins. You cherry-pick stats to draw attention to anything negative. It's incredibly dishonest masquerading as "being realistic."

So you are saying we need lotto pics and a staff of of future head coaches to have a winning conference record? ......I think you are the one cherry picking .

If we had finished in the top 2 or 3 of the big 12 ( three deep tourney runs ) the last three seasons but I brought up a bad season from 4 years ago .... how stupid would I sound ?

Again Buddy and company are gone .Henson is gone .

Start naming the big 12 staffs worse than ours . Baylor , Texas , that’s about it . Heck OSU has some great assistants.

Last edited:
Lons loose system does not equal consistency in 2019 , it’s simple as that . Add a below average staff and a conference who has made some GREAT hires the last few years ( and I’m NOT talking about Scott Drew) it’s pretty easy to see why we are here.

Lon is bringing in some major talent ( on paper) I think another year, possibly two is warranted depending on if the young players improve .

I love Lon but I love OU basketball much more , we deserve more . Three years of bad basketball is not OU .

What hurts the most is the last three years our teams have gotten WORSE , that’s inexcusable

Give me a cussing screamer IF he can win...Lon is a great guy...I'd guess...dont know him personally. I know his wife was a very good lady when they coached ksu...kevin was a good kid...was actually pretty quiet as a elementary student.

BUT...OU deserves more.

I'm dumbfounded that it SEEMS either A. Kids cant learn or B. He isnt "teaching" as much..

My main gripe is that we've lost any and all momentum that we built up during that really good run in 14-15 and 15-16. I say give Lon the next two years (especially with the supposedly great class coming in) and he had better at least crack the top 4 in the conference. But as now, I simply don't feel comfortable with our current trajectory.

I think the Bird narrative has hurt him

He’s not the shooter everyone thinks he is, but no one has told him evidently

He has embraced the Bird narrative and is forcing it down people’s throats unfortunately.

Any chance this entire staff is still at OU next season? We need another Henson or two on this staff. Performance has went downhill since he’s left.

Back