Baylor @ Oklahoma

FWIW, OU curbstomps Vandy and the game thread is 4 pages. OU takes a whipping from Baylor and this game thread is 11 pages. People love to gripe more than praise. And that attitude has only increased in society because of the internet and its anonymity.

That is crazy. I watched both games on tape delay, so I didn't frequent the board during either game. This is the stat of the day.

My lone post on OU basketball today - The Baylor game only counts as one loss as long as the team responds from it. I hope, that is what happens. I'd love to see some positive momentum for this team, but feel we are offensively challenged a bit too much to be a top 1/2 of the Big 12 this year. We don't have that guy that can create to go get us that basket when needed. The only way to compensate for that weakness is to take the fight to the other team for 40 minutes with high intensity. I didn't see that last night, but hope a leader on the team can spark that fire.

If this team makes the tournament, which I believe they will, it will be a successful season. These guys play hard and are fun to watch for me. Yesterday was an outlier which happens every year for 99% of teams.

As to the Manek talk, I believe people are way too high on him. He is a good Big12 player and will start for 4 years and have a good career. However, when people talk about his NBA potential I try very hard not to comment because it's insane to me people think he can hang with those guys.

Since the beginning of this calendar year, you have posted in 3 threads.

OU vs. KSU game thread
OU vs. Texas game thread
OU vs. Baylor game thread

What do those three games have in common?

Oh no.

Since the beginning of this calendar year, you have posted in 3 threads.

OU vs. KSU game thread
OU vs. Texas game thread
OU vs. Baylor game thread

What do those three games have in common?

:griffinwindmill

If this team makes the tournament, which I believe they will, it will be a successful season. These guys play hard and are fun to watch for me. Yesterday was an outlier which happens every year for 99% of teams.

As to the Manek talk, I believe people are way too high on him. He is a good Big12 player and will start for 4 years and have a good career. However, when people talk about his NBA potential I try very hard not to comment because it's insane to me people think he can hang with those guys.

Having watched him for 2 years, I agree. However, he is 6'10" and can shoot the ball, but needs to be more consistent. He will get a chance in the NBA but he has to make shots AND play defense to stick.

Having watched him for 2 years, I agree. However, he is 6'10" and can shoot the ball, but needs to be more consistent. He will get a chance in the NBA but he has to make shots AND play defense to stick.

I would be shocked if this happens. He would have to improve by leaps and bounds to have a shot. He can't defend at that level, hasn't been a consistent shooter, and isn't the athlete people make him out to be.

Again good player & will continue to be, but not close to an NBA player imo.

I would be shocked if this happens. He would have to improve by leaps and bounds to have a shot. He can't defend at that level, hasn't been a consistent shooter, and isn't the athlete people make him out to be.

Again good player & will continue to be, but not close to an NBA player imo.

He’s only a sophomore. He has a solid chance to be drafted as a senior.

He’s only a sophomore. He has a solid chance to be drafted as a senior.

Barring huge improvements in every area of his game, he has almost no chance. His shooting isn't close to being NBA level, and he has no ability to compete in the post against NBA players. I don't think people realize how good the NBA is. Lawson (KU) is the best player in the Big 12 and is a fringe prospect at best. As you say, Brady still has two seasons left, and if he improves a ton, he could get there, but it will take a lot more than just the typical improvements that usually happen over a couple years. (And I don't say that knock him, he still can/should be a very good player for us.)

Bingo. If you look at the season as whole I think everyone in October would have taken a tourney birth and been OK with a loss. We all knew this was a bridge year til next and the recruiting class we have coming in. If you thought other wise thats on you. I think Lon knew that too by bringing in all the grad transfers. So, take a step back and realize that making it to the tourney WAS the ceiling. Still doesn't make last night acceptable but everyone needs to know this isn't a world beater team. Hold tight, the reinforcements are coming.

I posted something similar earlier in the thread. However, it seems I'm guilty of buying into the hype of certain players....when in reality, they are nothing more than role players. I hope you're right about quality reinforcements next season and that it doesn't turn out to be just hype. Over the last three seasons, we've been a middling or lower tier conference performer.....and I'm tired of it.

Go to espn and look at game flow...holy crap...early spread in early 1st half...just got bigger and bigger. Lol

I said that? Show me where.

All you do is complain, period. You're only happy when this team is struggling, despite your phony claims of how much you love this team. That's why you chose the sample you did. You chose the terrible season after all the seniors graduated, last year, and this one. Had you included the one before that which, by the way, Kruger was as responsible for as any other, your numbers would've looked a whole lot different. That's why you did it, though -- to purposefully include the terrible season and exclude the great one -- just so you'd be able to amplify your whining.

Lon is 67-65 lifetime in big 12 play at OU. No cherry picking. Just mediocrity. Some of us care more about winning than blindly supporting coaches/players regardless of how nice they are. .500 win % after 8 seasons doesnt meet expectations. Next years class is his last chance.

I'm embarrassed for all you posters that call out other posters' negativity and complaining. Of course there are going to be more fans show up on message boards when OU is losing. Its human nature to expect success, and failure hurts more than success feels good.

I'm embarrassed for all you posters that call out other posters' negativity and complaining. Of course there are going to be more fans show up on message boards when OU is losing. Its human nature to expect success, and failure hurts more than success feels good.

Expecting success isn't the same as unrealistically expecting perfection and bi**hing about anything that doesn't go perfectly according to plan. I'd guess 99% of posters (and I'm including myself in this) are not close to as successful in their respective careers as Lon is in his, yet to read the board after a loss (or after a bad possession), you'd think he is the worst coach to ever walk the sideline.

Lon is 67-65 lifetime in big 12 play at OU. No cherry picking. Just mediocrity. Some of us care more about winning than blindly supporting coaches/players regardless of how nice they are. .500 win % after 8 seasons doesnt meet expectations. Next years class is his last chance.

I 99% agree with you. But I'll take up for kruger atleast for the first season's conference record of 5-13 and would out of equity remove it in a fair analysis of his big 12 play. Making it 62-52.

LOL. I am embarrassed by those that run to this board to complain and denigrate players because the team didn’t play well.

Expecting success isn't the same as unrealistically expecting perfection and bi**hing about anything that doesn't go perfectly according to plan. I'd guess 99% of posters (and I'm including myself in this) are not close to as successful in their respective careers as Lon is in his, yet to read the board after a loss (or after a bad possession), you'd think he is the worst coach to ever walk the sideline.

Lol ya. We here at ouhoops expect to never miss a single shot or lose a single game... you live in kansas (i pray for you) go check a KU board, such as after WVU.

Id argue that we're not near the asinine psychos you try to paint. And that the weirdest current thing about the board is that you can't be anything anti-positive... we're going through a rough patch, let people ***** a little

My take on OU so far..They aren't as bad as they shown last night, they aren't as good as they looked against Vandy. IMO they're somewhere in between those..gonna be more games when they look like a top 15 team and more when they look helpless. Maybe they can get better we just have to see

I 99% agree with you. But I'll take up for kruger atleast for the first season's conference record of 5-13 and would out of equity remove it in a fair analysis of his big 12 play. Making it 62-52.

Agree with you, 100%.

So 62-52 in the toughest conference in America, runs a clean program in a dirty game, open with the university & fans, schedules brutal non-conf and is willing to play true road games....yeah we should expect more being that OU basketball gets put to the waste-side for 9 months.

So 62-52 in the toughest conference in America, runs a clean program in a dirty game, open with the university & fans, schedules brutal non-conf and is willing to play true road games....yeah we should expect more being that OU basketball gets put to the waste-side for 9 months.

Everything you said is true, and I am a huge LK fan. However, the last 3 years have been abysmal. This year could turn out better than abysmal but the trajectory it's on now with 2 home losses to middle of the road Big 12 teams (we still have Tech and KU coming) doesn't give me much hope. The road woes are already well known.

To be honest, his assistant coach hires were, in one word, a disaster. That is on him. The recruiting for the past 4 classes hasn't been great either and we can see that now with the current teams lack of success.

This program can consistently compete in the big 12 and should consistently be a round of 32 or round of 16 basketball program. We are neither right now. That's a concern.

Back