Bears cruise to 55th Big 12 win in a row

bluesooner17

Reaction score
By Stephen Hawkins
The Associated Press

WACO, Texas — NaLyssa Smith scored 22 points to lead five Baylor players in double figures and the No. 2 Lady Bears won their 55th consecutive Big 12 game, beating Oklahoma 101-69 on Saturday.

The defending national champion Lady Bears (25-1, 14-0 Big 12) moved within one win of their 10th consecutive regular-season conference title with four games left in the regular season.

Te’a Cooper added 16 points and 11 assists for the Lady Bears.

Lauren Cox had 15 points and 11 rebounds, Juicy Landrum scored 14 points, and Moon Ursin had 10

Gabby Gregory had 30 points with five 3-pointers to lead OU (12-14, 5-9), which lost its fourth game in a row. Taylor Robertson had 16 points with four 3s, and Madi Williams 15 points.

Smith, Cooper, Cox and Landrum were all in double figures by halftime, when the Lady Bears had a 63-27 lead.

It was their biggestscoring half ever in a Big 12 game, and came after a 36-point outburst in the first quarter that was their highest-scoring quarter ever in a conference game.

Baylor also extended the nation’s longest active home winning streak with its 54th win in a row at the Ferrell Center.

Three days after Kim Mukley became the fastest Division I coach man or woman to reach 600 career wins in a victory at Texas Tech, she got No. 601 in her 701st game. All of those have been in 20 seasons at Baylor.

OU’s 18 wins are the most by any opponent against Mulkey, but the Baylor coach has a 27-18 series advantage and exactly 100 more career wins than Sherri Coale, who is 501-278 in her 24th season as the Oklahoma coach.

I really thought Sherri & Colton would out coach KM

It is pass time for Sherri to take a hike and while she at it take sonny boy with her. This program is the laughing stock of the Big 12 and the rest of the country. Teams know if they are playing OU they will have a better than 75% chance of winning. Baylor could have scored a 150 points yesterday, Joe C it's time.

It is pass time for Sherri to take a hike and while she at it take sonny boy with her. This program is the laughing stock of the Big 12 and the rest of the country. Teams know if they are playing OU they will have a better than 75% chance of winning. Baylor could have scored a 150 points yesterday, Joe C it's time.

No, couldn't disagree more: IT'S WAY PAST TIME!!!

What are you waiting for, Joe? As AD, it's your job to try to ensure that the athletic teams under your purview are competitive.
Sherri's teams haven't been competitive with the upper-division teams in the Big 12 for several years.
What used to be a prOUd program is now a shambles. :mad:

OU fans used to fly airplanes over Owen Field in Chuck Fairbanks' day CHUCK CHUCK!!! I wonder much worse our team has to get before Sherri gets some banners over LNC?

S**tcan Sherri! That HOF only buys you so much time...

OU might get wins at Norman against two of their fellow bottom-dwellers of the conference, but I'd be very surprised if we win against UT and TCU on the road.

That likely dooms this team to 14-16 at best. Too bad, the girls deserve better.

Guys, I is really sad that we no longer have game treads because we no the outcome before the games even get started. It seems like a 100 years ago that people were lines up to post about OU Women's games and now nothing. Sherri you have come a long way from the top and a short drop to the bottom

I have noticed that all the SC apologist & excuse makers no longer post.I guess they finally see the inevitable on the wall.Go Sooners!!!!

OU might get wins at Norman against two of their fellow bottom-dwellers of the conference, but I'd be very surprised if we win against UT and TCU on the road.

That likely dooms this team to 14-16 at best. Too bad, the girls deserve better.

I am betting on 13-18 when you factor in the Big 12 tourney. Win over Kansas. A win over Tech would be a big upset win for me. They beat ISU at Ames their last time out. They are 2-2 their last 4 and played Baylor within 15 not 32 like OU after trailing by 36.

I am betting on 13-18 when you factor in the Big 12 tourney. Win over Kansas. A win over Tech would be a big upset win for me. They beat ISU at Ames their last time out. They are 2-2 their last 4 and played Baylor within 15 not 32 like OU after trailing by 36.

Nope, we can't even beat the last place team in the conference at LNC. Assuming losses at Austin and DFW, we will be carrying a 7 game losing streak into our last game of the season at LNC... We used to be a proud basketball program, WTG, Sherri. She should resign and not force Joe C to fire her, that is IF he has the stones to do it.

Back