Big 12 Tournament Seeding....oh boy

So, if OU wins they’re a 3 seed and if they lose they’re a 7? Correct?

I'm going to say this before our game even starts, so nobody can say I just said it after a loss.

Regardless of what happens, I think using our "seeding" to support an argument for this season being good or bad is pretty silly. A BUNCH of teams grouped together where literally a couple of baskets either way could bump a team up or down 3-4 spots.

I'm going to say this before our game even starts, so nobody can say I just said it after a loss.

Regardless of what happens, I think using our "seeding" to support an argument for this season being good or bad is pretty silly. A BUNCH of teams grouped together where literally a couple of baskets either way could bump a team up or down 3-4 spots.

While I agree there is sometimes not much difference between teams or seedings, I disagree that being a #3 seed to argue the season is a good season is silly.

If we win today, it isn't just a #3 seed we lock up. We would be 19-12, 9-9 in conference, 3-6 on the road 5-4 in February. Plus we most likely clinch a tourney bid. Those last three records- conference road and February all represent our best performance since the Final Four year. Additionally, we would have a higher NET ranking than the other teams we tied with other than Tech, so a #3 is not out of the thinking on where we rank, not just conference standings. All of that with 9 new players, with 6 of the 9 players seeing game minutes being new. Consider all of this would be with a preseason prediction of being 8 or 9.

I get your point, but if we win today, it makes it and finish as the #3, it makes those records and numbers and tourney bid seem a lot better than 18-13, #7 in KC and possibly no tourney bid.

No offense, but this team will be better served playing in the NIT tournament. They need to build confidence for next year & a run in the NIT will do that. No need to go the NCAA & get blown out due to lack of heart or mental toughness.

I can't wait to watch this team get run by K-State again.....joy!

I've never been happier to be more wrong. When this team is bad....they are bad. But when they are good, they can be really good.

Back