Big East 2 hour 39 minute game - Screw ESPN

buttermaker1

Reaction score
Why does the Big 12 allow ESPN to push us around like this? We miss the first 15 minutes? Are you kidding me?

I agree. I missed 40 minutes of the game. I really hate the espn monopoly. They went over so they through the game on a cable only (not sure if dish has it) network. BS.

Espn can't control how long the game lasts. If they switched to our game when it started then the 'nova fans get pissed. Either way, they're screwed

Espn has an alternate channel, at least on Directv, and they needed to use it. It's that simple.

They can't switch that broadcast to regional or even local? **** man, they're the world wide leaders at something. Running over 45 friggin minutes......grrrrrr

Switch it regionally

Exactly!

They do it for football. Heck, I wouldn't even have minded too much if they just gave us the split screen for the whole time instead of just teasing us with it for a couple of minutes and then shutting it down.

How far did our game run over? I wanna say it wasn't as bad as 45 minutes and we played OT.

Switch it regionally

I couldn't agree more and I've been wondering why the Big 12 hasn't pushed for this (maybe they have and it hasn't been made public) for years. Every season I get sick and tired of missing the first 10 minutes of the Big 12 game because of a Big East foul-a-thon or 3 OT game between Seton Hall and Marquette.

ESPN should flip regionalize the feed and flip away to the Big 12 markets as well as provide an alternate channel on DirecTV for those who want to watch the Big 12 game in it's entirety. What made it worse for me was I had to watch Reynolds score 36 while waiting for the game; it was torture.

I couldn't agree more and I've been wondering why the Big 12 hasn't pushed for this (maybe they have and it hasn't been made public) for years. Every season I get sick and tired of missing the first 10 minutes of the Big 12 game because of a Big East foul-a-thon or 3 OT game between Seton Hall and Marquette.

ESPN should flip regionalize the feed and flip away to the Big 12 markets as well as provide an alternate channel on DirecTV for those who want to watch the Big 12 game in it's entirety. What made it worse for me was I had to watch Reynolds score 36 while waiting for the game; it was torture.

Reynolds scoring 36, made it even worse; you got that right. Man, that cat can ball. What if, what if, what if.......

How far did our game run over? I wanna say it wasn't as bad as 45 minutes and we played OT.

We joined the OU OSU game with 5 or 6 minutes left in the first half. If the Big East game would have went into OT we would have missed the entire first half.

They can't switch that broadcast to regional or even local? **** man, they're the world wide leaders at something. Running over 45 friggin minutes......grrrrrr

I'm guessing there is something in the contract with the Big East that would prevent that. It's a national broadcast, they can't just switch to another game b/c the Big East game is running late.

No, it's my enemy. It's not available on DTV. There are several ESPN alternates on DTV, yet they decided to put the game on 360. Nice work espn.

You can source it via your computer for free. The feed was delayed a bit but it was better than the alternative.

Espn can't control how long the game lasts. If they switched to our game when it started then the 'nova fans get pissed. Either way, they're screwed
They could schedule the starting times of the games 2.5 hours apart rather than 2.

They seem to be awfully enamored with their studios and studio hosts so I'm confident they could fill any time between games competently (in their own eyes at least).

They called 67 freakin' fouls in that game last night. It was absolutely ridiculous.

Back