Blake Griffin Chat Transcript >>> ESPN

Re: Blake Griffin chat today on ESPN.com at 2:30

Blake Griffin
What's up everybody? I look forward to aswering your questions! Let's get started!

King Geedorah (the Moon)
What is your favorite cereal?

Blake Griffin
(Laughing) Since I've been training I've been on a very strict diet but when I do get to get cereal, I like Golden Grams.

Andrea (NY)
How much has your life changed since becoming a college star?

Blake Griffin
It's been pretty much the same. They only difference is that people recognize me more but I do the same things as I did before.

Adam (Oklahoma City)
Who do you think will step up and be the emotional leader on the Sooner's next year?

Blake Griffin
I hope Willie Warren does. He's one of there most talented players

Cecil (Reno, NV)
Congrats on a great season at OU. What do you think will be the hardest change coming from college to the NBA?

Blake Griffin
Just the speed of the game. I need to learn the spacing and everything else that comes along with playing in the NBA.

E (Watsonville CA)
What is the most exciting thing about going to the NBA for you?

Blake Griffin
So far, the most exciting thing is meeting new people and learning from different players. I also like the travel.

Brian (Des Moines)
Which current NBA player would you compare yourself to?

Blake Griffin
There's not one guy that I compare myself to. I just want to play my game and be a strong inside presence.

Andrea (NY)
What is your brother doing? Is he working out and hoping to get drafted?

Bryan Luckscheiter (Powell,Ohio)
What will you miss most about being an Oklahoma Sooner?

Blake Griffin
I'll miss the team and atmosphere the most. I had some very good times at OU. Oh yeah, I'll miss the die hard OU fans too!

Dennis mcbride saginaw michigan [via mobile]
Who do you look forward to guarding as a bigman in the nba?

Blake Griffin
I look forward to guarding guys like Dwight Howard and Chris Bosh.

Jacob (Nebraska)
Hey, Blake Hows it going? Do you think you can make a big impact on the nba this year?

Blake Griffin
I defiantly hope I can. I want to come in and play my game and do whatever the team and coaches ask me to do.

Cecil (Reno, NV)
What do you feel is the biggest thing you can bring to whichever team drafts you?.....HOPE IT IS THE OKC THUNDER!!!

Blake Griffin
I'm going to bring a strong inside presence. I will rebound and defend.

Jason: hackettstown, nj [via mobile]
Being the potential number one pick how do you feel about being the face of a franchise and the pressure of trying to turn a franchise around?

Blake Griffin
I don't feel any pressure at all. I look at it as an opportunity and I look forward to the challenge.

Justin Brock (Gulfport, MS)
What are you currently doing to prepare yourself to take your dominating college style into the NBA?

Blake Griffin
I'm really concentrating on my shot and working on my all-around offensive game.

Joe ((CA))
What is the best part of your game?

Blake Griffin
The best part of my game is my versatility. I can do a lot of different things on the court.

stephanie frederick (greenville,new york)
What superstar would u wana team up with? And what are you workouts like?

Blake Griffin
I'm looking forward to teaming up with whichever team drafts me. My workouts right now consist of strength training.

Jeremy (Rochester, NY)
In your opinion, who is the best player besides yourself in the draft?

Blake Griffin
Stephen Curry

Jordan (Springfield, MO)
When you were growing up and playing basketball as a kid, which player(s) did you look up to when developing your game and why?

Blake Griffin
I really looked up to Michael Jordan, Shaq, Vince Carter and Tracy McGrady.

Ty ((Dallas, TX))
Which NBA city are you most looking forward to visiting in the upcoming season?

Blake Griffin
I looking forward to playing in Madison Square Garden in New York City.

Blake Griffin
I'm looking forward to playing in the NBA. Hope everyone supports whichever team drafts me. Thanks for the great questions!

He sounds like a politician... just say the right things, don't step on anybody's toes...

Which, of course, is what I would do if I was in his position.

Interesting that he sounded certain Stephen Curry was the second best player.

He sounds like a politician... just say the right things, don't step on anybody's toes...

Which, of course, is what I would do if I was in his position.

Interesting that he sounded certain Stephen Curry was the second best player.

Probably because he is a product of his coach. Capel raves about Steph and that whole family.

Bryan Luckscheiter (Powell,Ohio)
What will you miss most about being an Oklahoma Sooner?

Blake Griffin
I'll miss the team and atmosphere the most. I had some very good times at OU. Oh yeah, I'll miss the die hard OU fans too!

I think he was talking about us! :p

Back