Bob Knight calls out Calipari

Go and see what players in the NBA average at least 20 points, 5 rebounds and 5 assists per game. There are only 4 of them, including the 3 people you mention.

:ez-laugh::ez-laugh:

Tyreke averages 20 5 and 5
LBJ averages 29 7 and 8
Wade averages 26.6 5 and 6

Tyreke is like a poor mans Andre Iguodala at this point.

Go and see what players in the NBA average at least 20 points, 5 rebounds and 5 assists per game. There are only 4 of them, including the 3 people you mention.

this argument isn't even worth it. YOu can go ahead and put him in a class with those guys.

I will wait until he has played in more than half a season to even consider it.
I can't even fathom...

this argument isn't even worth it. YOu can go ahead and put him in a class with those guys.

I can't even fathom...

You want to crown him??? Crown his ass then!!!

I can't even fathom...

I'm not putting him in that class, his statistics do. Anybody who follows the NBA knows the 20, 5 & 5 club is very prestigious and anybody who makes it is a stud. The list of people talented enough to ever do it is very small. To do it as a rookie is even more amazing since Oscar Robertson, Michael Jordan and Lebron James are the only 3 to ever do it.

Your point is valid about him having to finish the season in the class.

There is a remarkably large difference between James's numbers and Tyreke's. The numbers don't put him in that class. The numbers indicate he is the best Rookie, and a great young player. Anything else is hyperbole.

I'm not putting him in that class, his statistics do. Anybody who follows the NBA knows the 20, 5 & 5 club is very prestigious and anybody who makes it is a stud. The list of people talented enough to ever do it is very small. To do it as a rookie is even more amazing since Oscar Robertson, Michael Jordan and Lebron James are the only 3 to ever do it.

Your point is valid about him having to finish the season in the class.

All true. He is a stud and no one was arguing it, but he isn't in their class now, he is in the same class they were as rookies. Also, he's only played in a little over 20 games.

The point is, bigabd, came over here lying and trying to make others look bad and succeeded in making himself look bad.

Tyreke Evans is a stud and if he continues to develop will definitely be a multiple All Star.

also, I think I would have to take Jennings over Evans at this point.

Er…Didn't this start out as a thread about Bobby Knight and John Calipari?

That was a very classy response to a personal attack.

The classy response is because he knows there's no use in arguing with someone that is telling the truth.

I don't think he's going for a classy response. The "Bob Knight welcomed me to Lubbock" part is Calipari poking Knight, not being gracious. He is essentially calling him a hypocrite.

I don't think he's going for a classy response. The "Bob Knight welcomed me to Lubbock" part is Calipari poking Knight, not being gracious. He is essentially calling him a hypocrite.

Exactly!

I don't think this is the last time Calipari will comment on this. He loves to hear himself talk too much.

getting multiple programs on probation never stopped Lou Holtz or Jimmy Johnson.

I enjoy RMK as an announcer, won't ever like the guy. respect his accomplishments, sure....like, no.

Back