Brad Stevens

Oliver Hardy

Reaction score
Perhaps he should be on Joe C.'s short list. Think I'd rather pay this guy $2 million a year than Buzz.

9-1 in the NCAAs the last two years pretty much sums it all up to me.

Brad Stevens is not leaving Butler.

Stevens will eventually leave Butler for a big time conference... and there is no better time than now!

Stevens is the Chris Petersen of college hoops. He ain't going anywhere.

brad stevens at butler is one of the greatest gifts to the game of basketball. i hope that guy never leaves.

to be able to win on that level at butler in this day in age is beyond my level of belief.

brad stevens at butler is one of the greatest gifts to the game of basketball. i hope that guy never leaves.

to be able to win on that level at butler in this day in age is beyond my level of belief.

It's like Gonzaga, only even better. Has Gonzaga even made one final four?

What proof is there that Brad Stevens hates Norman? I call BS.

Besides $2 million year -- a big-time university -- a weak conference -- great recruiting territory -- low expectations -- great facilities could be a great lure.

What's he making at Butler?

Guys, he has a contract through 2022. He's not going anywhere.

Brad Stevens hates Norman.

He doesn't hate Norman. It is however going to take a special place and a whole dump truck full of c-notes to get him away from Butler. Oklahoma is not anywhere close to the place he is going if he leaves. He wouldn't leave Butler for OU for 3 million dollars. It is going to have to be UCLA,Kentucky,UNC,or Duke and that 3 million to leave Butler and maybe none of them.

Don't give me that contract stuff. That means nothing.

Christian Science Monitor says the latest they could find was that Butler was paying Stevens $400k plus incentives in 2008.

So he's probably about the $1 million to $1.5 million level now -- maybe.

You don't think $2 million plus incentives and a chance to transform a big-time school's basketball program to prominence wouldn't be attractive to him?

Go for it Joe.

All-Star, sorry I wasn't sure you were being satirical.

Contract, schmontract!

I know everyone wants to point to his contract and that long term. But it really doesn't hold that much importance if he actually wants to leave.

IF he wanted to leave then Butler would merely renegotiate the terms of the buyout to something reasonable that his target could afford. They're not trying to screw him over. That contract was a symbolic measure to show their commitment to him...and him to them which is why I don't think he leaves.

he doesn't care about money. dude left a ku$h job at eli lilly to be a coach. he's not going anywhere unless it's a premiere gig, unc, duke, etc.

Back