Cade speaks on Capel

Fair enough, but you are in the minority than when it comes to NBA officiating...it is year in, year out the biggest gripe about the league.

Well, the only real gripe I usually see about them is how the protect the super stars. I would counter that it's the exact opposite in college hoops. Look at the fargin beating BG took his two years...and people wonder why kids don't want to stay in NCAA sports longer...

The best rebounder in the history of the NBA was 6'8.

Wut?

The best two rebounders in total rebounds and rebounds/game were 7'1" and 6'10"

I think he was talking about Rodman who is one of the best in NBA history.

Well, the only real gripe I usually see about them is how the protect the super stars. I would counter that it's the exact opposite in college hoops. Look at the fargin beating BG took his two years...and people wonder why kids don't want to stay in NCAA sports longer...

Kids don't want to stay in NCAA sports because of money. No offense to BG, but when you're bigger and stronger than everyone around you on the court...you get fouled harder. Sorry, that's how it works. If there is ruled intent to be excessive, then you hit him with a flagarant or intentional. People always forget, as long as you go for the ball you can go as hard as you want, that's a legal play. BG took cheap shots, but I'm pretty sure on a vast majority of those the guy was given a technical or ejected (USC and Morgan State). Not sure what else you want an official to do.

Look at Dwight Howard right now, he is getting creamed and Van Gundy is complaining like a toddler to the media. What does he want the NBA to do, outlaw fouling DW? Every big man in the history of the league has taken punishment, that's the way it always has been. Bet you your life savings if DW worked on his free throws teams wouldn't use that strategy.

Kids don't want to stay in NCAA sports because of money. No offense to BG, but when you're bigger and stronger than everyone around you on the court...you get fouled harder. Sorry, that's how it works. If there is ruled intent to be excessive, then you hit him with a flagarant or intentional. People always forget, as long as you go for the ball you can go as hard as you want, that's a legal play. BG took cheap shots, but I'm pretty sure on a vast majority of those the guy was given a technical or ejected (USC and Morgan State). Not sure what else you want an official to do.

Look at Dwight Howard right now, he is getting creamed and Van Gundy is complaining like a toddler to the media. What does he want the NBA to do, outlaw fouling DW? Every big man in the history of the league has taken punishment, that's the way it always has been. Bet you your life savings if DW worked on his free throws teams wouldn't use that strategy.

Hell, ESPN and much of the national media made a big deal about the abuse he took. It was borderline unmatched. Many were called, but many more were not called. It was shameless. It was discussed A LOT his senior year. Granted money is a major player, but the abuse they take is big too.

Last I checked, DH is getting paid to take it...which was my point...

Going into the season, most posters stated that they would be happy if OU could field a team that didn't quit. We wanted to see a team that had good chemistry, that played hard, that tried. No one expected a successful season based on the talent that is currently on the team.

I saw most of those things in this year's team. I think Capel is trying to bring in talent with character versus only talent.

I do think Capel could use some more seasoning as far as being a better on-the-floor coach, but he'll get that with more experience.

Bottom line, for me, is that I think the team improved over last year's squad and that's enough for me to say bring Capel back. I think next year is make the Tourney or bust, but give it another year.

This is pretty much how I feel but then again I am probably considered a sunshine pumper aka a garbage poster.

Hey genius...what would your intelligent opinion be of the win over the same team WITH their best player (since that happened a few weeks ago)???

Really intelligent post...:clap

good one.. your right.. we should keep capel.. o wait LMAO..

Back