Cameron Clark is a Sooner! (Story added!)

Re: Cameron Clark is a Sooner!

awesome stuff. just jumped off my couch and drowned a 6 pack in excitement.

Re: Cameron Clark is a Sooner!

HUGE commit! Congrats coach Capel and Sooner Nation.:clap

I've heard him and TJ Taylor were a packaged deal. Are they teammates or something?

I've heard him and TJ Taylor were a packaged deal. Are they teammates or something?
I don't think they were ever as much of a package deal as "we" hyped it up to be. They're AAU teammates and good friends so I think TJ was a factor in his commitment but it wasn't a guarantee.

Yes! Cameron and TJ make the class.... Now we have 3 more scholarships to give to fill remaining needs and get whatever other star Capel can get.

Cameron was the one elite guy I felt great about, and this is a big time pickup for Capel, the program, and us (the fans)...

Henzo,

I hate to be the first dork to ask it, but hey...its me...

So does Cameron have a reasonable chance to be a McDonald's All-American? He has seemed to float around in the 20-30 range for a while in most rankings, but he has been listed as one of the two best prospects in Texas too, which usually carries some weight. Just curious what your thoughts are...

Henzo,

I hate to be the first dork to ask it, but hey...its me...

So does Cameron have a reasonable chance to be a McDonald's All-American? He has seemed to float around in the 20-30 range for a while in most rankings, but he has been listed as one of the two best prospects in Texas too, which usually carries some weight. Just curious what your thoughts are...

I think it will be hard for him, because he doesn't get the big city hype and has only played at a high level on the AAU circuit for one season (this past year with Team Texas). He definitely has a chance, because people who have had the pleasure of seeing him play always leave extremely impressed -- but like I said, a lot of that has to do with hype and exposure. So, all-in-all I wouldn't expect it, but I wouldn't rule it out, either.

Coach Capel does it again! What he's doing is amazing!
Thank you Coach and thank you Cam Clark!
Congratulations!!!!

Awesome news!!! :dance005:

I couldn't be more pleased with Cam and T. J. as the first two commits in 2010. With a dozen or more top recruits still on our list, the 2010 class is shaping up nicely. :boomer :sooner

Thanks, Matt! You're doing a terrific job.

I think it will be hard for him, because he doesn't get the big city hype and has only played at a high level on the AAU circuit for one season (this past year with Team Texas). He definitely has a chance, because people who have had the pleasure of seeing him play always leave extremely impressed -- but like I said, a lot of that has to do with hype and exposure. So, all-in-all I wouldn't expect it, but I wouldn't rule it out, either.

A lot of it to is when you play well. I don't think Clark played well at the NBA camp and that has pretty much all the top talent so that will hurt him.

It will be interesting though just in terms of kids per position. Take McCallum for example. Scout has him at at #24 overall but as the #6 PG and Ryan Harrow as #25 overall and #7 PG. Will they really take 3 PG's on each team. If they only take 2 then that is two extra spots according to those rankings.

Also, according to Scout there are only 2 SG's in the Top 25 so it could be a tossup position.

Doron Lamb will be an interesting case because he's hovering around the Top 20-25 but he is an NYC kid so odds are he will have more hype/votes than Clark.

welcome cam. you've made sooner nation very happy today. only good things are in store for you in norman with FJCIII at the helm.

:jcapel

Great, thanks for the feedback. I guess Capel will just have to get out there and hedge his bets by bringing in a couple more guys. Gotta keep the streak alive, right?

Seriously though Henzo, around here there are pretty much 7 other guys whose names get tossed about...

Ray McCallum
Trey Zeigler
Josh Smith
Doron Lamb
Tobias Harris
Terrence Jones
Harrison Barnes

OU seems to be a legitimate contender with all of those guys. So I guess the next logical question is...Who's next? Do you think Cam's commit decreases our chances with Zeigler or Lamb? Now that he is locked up, who from that list would you say OU has the best shot with?

Thanks for everything Henzo...its great to have you here...

Back