Cameron Clark is blowing up

Really BT? Tobi is the guy I have felt was luke warm on us. You really feel better about him than Clark? I hope so, because he is the only big we are in on for that class that is promising...

Yeah I really do. I talked to someone about that a couple of nights ago. Tobi really likes Coach Capel.

I don't think we are in bad shape with Cam at all. Just think that he may be the type that enjoys the process and getting the attention from the national schools.

There's a new story up on Cam by the great Eric Bossi on Scout.

Link

Not much to the story. Says that OU is in on him as hard or harder than anyone else and that he plans to make a decision in the fall.

Last edited:
There's a new story up on Cam by the great Eric Bossi on Scout.

Link

Not much to the story. Says that OU is in on him as hard or harder than anyone else and that he plans to make a decision in the fall.

Thanks BT. Since CC and Harrison play the same position, who would you rather land? I think I would rather have Cameron because he probably will stay 3-4 years in college.

Thanks BT. Since CC and Harrison play the same position, who would you rather land? I think I would rather have Cameron because he probably will stay 3-4 years in college.

I would rather have Cameron for the same reason. I also want to keep getting the best players in Texas. We are making some major strides there while the whorns continue to go national.

That said, I wouldn't shed a tear if we got Barnes. haha

I would rather have Cameron for the same reason. I also want to keep getting the best players in Texas. We are making some major strides there while the whorns continue to go national.

yes.

Haha I wouldn't be crying if we got Barnes either even though he probably stays 2 years tops. Also, the players that Jeff is recruiting remind me of Roy Williams at North Carolina. I love the fact that we are landing players that will contribute at OU for 2-4 years and will help us more than just one year.

According to scout, it looks like Texas finally got involved in Clark's recruitment. I liked this quote though:

Even if the Longhorns eventually extend an offer, Clark says that won’t put Texas in the lead.

“I don’t know if Texas moves to the lead if they offer. I like Texas, but I like a lot of other schools as well."

In basketball, you're seeing alot more loyalty with these kids and no so much with these coaches. Look at Pledger who stuck with Capel who recruited him in his words "when he was short and fat". I think that's why evaluation is still a big deal in basketball despite seeing so many kids weekly in AAU tournaments. OU and A&M were some of the few schools who looked at Clark and Taylor as Freshman and Sophomores. That loyalty may end up paying off. Texas has looked at some other kids nationally and actually have a 5* wing. What's happening now is Clark is grading out higher than that guy. Texas has no choice but to offer, but I'm wondering if their recent neglect of the state of Texas isn't going to rear it's head down the line.

Haha I wouldn't be crying if we got Barnes either even though he probably stays 2 years tops. Also, the players that Jeff is recruiting remind me of Roy Williams at North Carolina. I love the fact that we are landing players that will contribute at OU for 2-4 years and will help us more than just one year.

this. Look at the last 4 winners. They had guys who played together for 2, 3, and 4 years. Add to that, all of the major players on those teams ended up in the NBA.

I am liking that #26 ranking that he just got from scout. That is certainly burger boy range.

So Clark has already to start to make the jump in the rankings without even getting into the meat of the AAU season?
I think that is a good sign for us to continue our McDonalds streak if we land him.

So Clark has already to start to make the jump in the rankings without even getting into the meat of the AAU season?
I think that is a good sign for us to continue our McDonalds streak if we land him.

I agree. I want to keep that streak going!

Politically Pressey is still going to have an advantage. I think once Clark commits to OU, he'll get a little bump in noteriety.

Back