Cameron Clark is blowing up

Sooner23

Reaction score
Just as Dirty Mess predicted, Rivals says Clark is moving into the Top 50 when their newest rankings come out. Hopefully us getting in on him early will be an advantage.

Last edited:
I know one game isn't a proper way to judge someone, but what I saw was the makings of a bigtime player. Against the bigger wisconsin team he knocked down about three 3pts, had a nice mid range game , and had twenty plus points. Against the Tulsa team, which was smaller, It was a dunkathon. He had three rebound dunks, one through traffic, and a way above the rim ally ooop. I for some reason was under the impression that he was still raw and needed to work on his perimeter game. Not the case. Pressey was impressive, but I don't he's ahead of McCallum. Clark will be a McDonalds candidate when it's all over with.

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=937203

Cameron Clark (Team Texas) – There is a whole lot to like about Clark's game. At 6-foot-6 Clark does all the things a big time wing needs to do. He scores it off the dribble, makes three-pointers, is an adequate ball handler, rebounds strong and can guard a variety of positions. He will debut in the top 50 when the 2010 Rivals150 is reshuffled.

Cameron Clark listed Oklahoma, USC, Arizona State and Oklahoma State as schools who have offered. Texas, Arizona and UCLA are also on his list.

I think it's very encouraging that he continues to mention is first when talking about shools. No bigtime schools have been on him longer than OU and TAMU. TAMU has fallen off his list and we're still there strong.

Last edited:
Good call. Scout also said the same thing. Said he's a Top 50 talent "at the minimum". Clark also told Scout his favorites are Oklahoma, Arizona, Southern Cal, Kansas and Arizona State, and that all have offered.

Arizona is a worry in recruiting. Both Pressey and Clark are listing them.

So if Clark continues along this path and we're able to pull him in the 5 star train will continue on?

Cameron Clark is no doubt the real deal. This kid will move up the charts more. Dirty said he saw him one game. Well Dirty that's how he plays most of the time. We need to nail Cameron down before the power houses come calling. I saw him play earlier in the year against T.J. Taylor. Cameron seems like the better player to me. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

Cameron Clark is no doubt the real deal. This kid will move up the charts more. Dirty said he saw him one game. Well Dirty that's how he plays most of the time. We need to nail Cameron down before the power houses come calling. I saw him play earlier in the year against T.J. Taylor. Cameron seems like the better player to me. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

My thing is I try to be tampered when looking at prospects. AAU is a flawed way to look at things because of laxed defenses, kids playing two to three games a day and being fatigued, and more players concerned with individual play. Against Tulsa, he was a man amongst boys and only played about 3 minutes in the second half. Every time he touched the ball that game, he was a force. He had to shoot atleast 65-70 percent. He didn't force anything and played off of Pressey, who was pushing the break. He did things that the average kid doesn't do. When he caught it on the wing, he would go to his fake, then come back the other way with two dribbles, get in the 15ft range, and nail a jumper over the head of a contested guy. Wisconsin had 2 7ftrs, and a 6'8 guy in Euton who is a former UK commit guarding him. He rose over Euton on a couple of occasions and just knocked the bottom out of a shot. In AAU ball, points can be inflated real quick with layups and breakaway dunks. He had no layup or breakaway dunk. All of his points were the type of points that College players score.

Yeah, it looks like Clark may end up in the Top 25. It seems that KU is really picking up their recruiting of Clark.

Never too late for Bill Self, or Kansas.

Don't underestimate Capel. He's not going to bow down to anybody. He's giving Self all he can handle with his recruitment of McCallum and Ellis.

He is the best 2010 player in Texas imo. He is the guy that I hope we land the most from that class.

The game I saw Cam in was his highschool Sherman high vs. TJ's highschool Denison highschool. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

I think if OU can keep Jeff around the recruiting battles could be fun to watch between KU and OU. Those two guys can recruit with the best of them. Self has a little of an advantage with the history of KU, the attendance but I wouldn't put anyone out of Capel's reach right now. If he can have another big year this year at OU, recruiting will really take off.

The recruiting advantages once thought to be heavily in KU's favor have been swinging in the other direction since Capel arrived. Blake and Willie are proof of that. Don't count OU out on Clark either.

The recruiting advantages once thought to be heavily in KU's favor have been swinging in the other direction since Capel arrived. Blake and Willie are proof of that. Don't count OU out on Clark either.

If OU gets him, they'll pull the old, "we didn't offer" excuse or "we're in on better" excuse.

Lots of good buzz about him on several other team sites. I think he has a chance to make enough noise to be a burger boy, which is something considering the national guys didn't even have him in the top 150 after last year's circuit.

Back