Cameron Clark is blowing up

If OU gets him, they'll pull the old, "we didn't offer" excuse or "we're in on better" excuse.

I can't really recall a single KU fan saying that about Blake Griffin or Willie Warren. When it comes to recruiting I've heard far worse excuses than those over the years. My favorite being "we're a football school".
Bottom line is Capel gets it. He knows it's about the Jimmy's and Joe's and he works his butt off in recruiting and isn't afraid of going up against the big boys. It's refreshing to see. Coach Capel backs down to no one. That's what I love the most about him.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL43QagWYTo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL43QagWYTo[/ame]

That was Cam against rival Denison (#3 with the headband is TJ Taylor).

I can't really recall a single KU fan saying that about Blake Griffin or Willie Warren. When it comes to recruiting I've heard far worse excuses than those over the years. My favorite being "we're a football school".
Bottom line is Capel gets it. He knows it's about the Jimmy's and Joe's and he works his butt off in recruiting and isn't afraid of going up against the big boys. It's refreshing to see. Coach Capel backs down to no one. That's what I love the most about him.

I just talked to one who said they cooled on WW. Said the same about Bookout and Muenelo. It's easy for me to remember because they may be the only times KU got beat head to head.

I think Capel is not the type of guy who's scared to go against the big boys and actually believes he's one of the big boys. I have to also give him credit for Identifying some of these good players before some of the other schools have. I don't know if Eddie Sutton or Kelvin Sampson ever went after an eighth grader.

I just talked to one who said they cooled on WW. Said the same about Bookout and Muenelo. It's easy for me to remember because they may be the only times KU got beat head to head.

I think Capel is not the type of guy who's scared to go against the big boys and actually believes he's one of the big boys. I have to also give him credit for Identifying some of these good players before some of the other schools have. I don't know if Eddie Sutton or Kelvin Sampson ever went after an eighth grader.

The Jayhawk excuses that I heard about Willie was that he was too big of a hot head and was too selfish to play for KU.

Back to Cam: Sign him up, Capel! :jcapel

The biggest thing that jumps out at me is how well he was defended and he still got his way. TJ couldn't have done anything else defensively. I came away being almost as impressed with TJ defensively as I was with Clark offensively.

Agreed. TJ can really defend. I liked Cam's elevation and high release on the jumper.

That was Cam against rival Denison (#3 with the headband is TJ Taylor).

Thanks for posting the video. He looks like he has some range and really good court vision. But I have to say the freethrow in slomo was hilarious.

Hope us being early on him pays off!

Thanks for posting the video. He looks like he has some range and really good court vision. But I have to say the freethrow in slomo was hilarious.

Hope us being early on him pays off!

haha I think the vid editor (probably a Sherman HS student) had a little too much fun with the slomos and the effects.

I am really glad that Capel was in on him early.

thanks for the vid bigtime.....

clark looks like he could be a huge pickup for us if we can get him

comon down cameron

thanks for the vid bigtime.....

clark looks like he could be a huge pickup for us if we can get him

comon down cameron

I am trying to put my finger on who I would compare him to from the past. He has got decent handles. He can play on the perimeter as well as down on the block. He really does have a nice touch on his jumper, and he impresses with his explosiveness while attacking the rim.

Clark scored 32 that game Taylor scored 36. Can't wait to have these guys in the same backcourt. Bring this one home Chris Wilson, and you can have Jackson Jeffcoat as your own little Team Texas gift.

If we get a good big to end out the 2009 class, I would be happy with these two to cap off 2010.

Locking down TJ means there is no pressure getting a PG in this class. Locking down Cam means OU gets it's first 6'7 wing player, maybe ever.

Cam needs to find a better video coordinator. LOL

Cam needs to find a better video coordinator. LOL

Very High schoolish. He needs to get ahold to John Wall's guy.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw[/ame]

Man I'm excited about this kid. My concern is about the camp season coming up. Will he go to KU or somewhere else.

Yeah, Wall's reel is awesome. Then again he has some unbelievable highlights.
Dirty if Wall was in this draft would you take him over Blake?

No. A dominant big guy is more of a commodity that a great PG. Magic Johnson, my favorite player never one a title without Kareem. Only the Bulls and the Pistons have won championships without a HOF big man the last 30 years.

Last edited:
Back