Cameron Clark is blowing up

No. A dominant big guy is more of a commodity that a great PG. Magic Johnson, my favorite player never one a title without Kareem. Only the Bulls and the Pistons have one championships without a HOF big man the last 30 years.
Rodman isn't going to make the hall of fame for his rebounding?

He should, but he's not a low post scorer like Akeem, Kareem, Worthy, McKale, Parrish, Duncan, Robinson, Malone, Shaq, Walton, etc.

No. A dominant big guy is more of a commodity that a great PG. Magic Johnson, my favorite player never one a title without Kareem. Only the Bulls and the Pistons have one championships without a HOF big man the last 30 years.

I wouldn't take Wall over Blake either. I just haven't seen Wall play enough and I tend to think he's overhyped. Kid can't shoot. But I disagree with your statement. If Blake was a true center then maybe but I think PG is the most important position. True center could make an argument. I'm the biggest Blake fan there is but if Derrick Rose was in this draft I'd have to take Rose. PG's are that important.
And your statement about Kareem is silly. How many titles did Kareem win without Magic or Oscar, two of the greatest PG's of all time? Zero.

How many titles did Kareem win without Magic or Oscar, two of the greatest PG's of all time? Zero.
Playing devil's advocate, how many titles has Koby won without Shaq?

Playing devil's advocate, how many titles has Koby won without Shaq?

The same number Shaq has won without Kobe or DWade.
If Shaq was the man he'd have won one before. His teams were horrible in the playoffs before Kobe. Phoenix is stacked this year with talent and nothing. Shaq is weak.

Shaq has won zero without one of the best guards in the NBA.

Kobe and D Wade have won zero without won of the Big Man in the NBA.

Hey BT, where do you honestly think he is going to go and the chances he comes here? You are usually dead on.

Shaq has won zero without one of the best guards in the NBA.
Yeah but the bottom line is Shaq won a ring without the GREAT Koby Bryant. Maybe this will be the year Koby gets his ring.

Compare John Wall to the greatest player at his position that he plays like and then do the same for Blake. That will be the best lithmus test.

Now Cheno and the rest, quit Hijacking this Cameron Clark Love thread. Hey Cameron, you're better Wall anywho. Funny that you on here Cheno because I was thinking this weekend that Clark's game reminds me of Paul Pierce.

Kobe and D Wade have won zero without won of the Big Man in the NBA.

Right. But what does all this have to do with proving a dominant big man is more important than a dominant guard? Nothing. Which was my point.
Jordan won 6 without a great big man. The Pistons won numerous without a great big man. In today's game I'd take a great PG over a great PF.

Compare John Wall to the greatest player at his position that he plays like and then do the same for Blake. That will be the best lithmus test.

Now Cheno and the rest, quit Hijacking this Cameron Clark Love thread. Hey Cameron, you're better Wall anywho. Funny that you on here Cheno because I was thinking this weekend that Clark's game reminds me of Paul Pierce.
Sorry, DM.

I think Cam Clark picks OU. I haven't seen enough of him to compare him to anyone. Obviously if his game is like Pierce that is fantastic. I'll need to go look at some more video other than slow mo free throws. ;)
I'll take your word for it Dirty. You typically do your homework. That is why I like your posting.

Right. But what does all this have to do with proving a dominant big man is more important than a dominant guard? Nothing. Which was my point.
Jordan won 6 without a great big man. The Pistons won numerous without a great big man. In today's game I'd take a great PG over a great PF.

9 out of the last 48 NBA championships were won without an NBA HOFer. Probably more than that, but I only went 48 years back.

I can see the Paul Pierce comp. And thanks for posting that video, BT.

Bulls of 90s, Pistons of 80s, pistons in 200?. Now San Antonio techincally doesn't have any HOFers, but they will.

Oh, you were still talking teams without HOF big men, because your post just said HOF'ers.

Yeah, SA will have at least one with Tim Duncan, I think we can go ahead and say that! :)

Back