Texas Tech - W
@ Oklahoma State - L
@ Colorado - W
Kansas State - W
@ Kansas - L
Baylor - W
@ Texas - L
Texas A&M - W

Obviously our best chance for a road win is at Colorado. It is possible we could lose at home to KSU. But if we can keep winning at home and get a sneaky win @ Colorado then either @OSU or @ Texas we could make it.

I have a friend here that is a very big college bball friend, he went to UNC. He watches a ton of college bball. He thinks if we can get it together and somehow make the tourney, that you never know how far you can go when you have two guards that can play like WW and TMG.

Just thinking out loud. I think we will probably finish 8-8 or 9-7, but 10-6 would be great. Wish we could get at least one of those close ones we lost back at atm or tech.

It has to be 10-6. 9-7 would give us a slim chance if we make the tourney final. I think we finish 8-8 and land an NIT birth.

I think we would have to go 10-6 and win a few games in the Big 12 Tourney. We just don't have enough big wins to make it. If we somehow beat Kansas and win one game in the Big 12 Tourney that may be good enough. NIT is looking good for us right now though.

When is the last time a team in the B12/B8 with a winning conference record did not get in the NCAA? Even moreso with the conference being considered 2nd or 3rd RPI?

If we go 10-6 I think we probably have to win at least on game in the tournament still.

How could a team from the top RPI conference in the country go 10-6 and not make it? 10-6 is a 100% lock for the NCAA's.

9-7 leaves us on the bubble, because as has been previously mentioned we have no real quailty OOC victories. I still think we'd have a chance.

The top 6 from the Big 12 are in, period. No questions asked. If we get there we're in.

Personally I don't think we'll get to 10-6, 9-7 is probably the most we can muster.

Last edited:
Bast on past history, I'd be willing to bet that 9-7 and a single win in the B12 gets us a 13 seed in the NCAA. I'm to lazy to look it up, but I'd be willing to bet that since the 64 team format began, at least 95% of the time a winning conference record gets a team from the B8/B12 in.

When is the last time a team in the B12/B8 with a winning conference record did not get in the NCAA? Even moreso with the conference being considered 2nd or 3rd RPI?

Yeah but when's the last time a team went 10-6 in conf but had those terrible losses ooc

Yeah but when's the last time a team went 10-6 in conf but had those terrible losses ooc

Ultimately, not sure it matters. Keep in mind, the selection committee is filled with guys from big conferences. Conference record is what they dial in on, that and keeping each other happy. If OU goes 9-7 in conference and has a winning record overall, I think they'll be in [and personally, I think that the conference RPI negates some of the "bad" losses earlier in the season]. To lock getting in, then OU needs to win a tournament game. JMHO.

Texas Tech - W
@ Oklahoma State - L
@ Colorado - W
Kansas State - W
@ Kansas - L
Baylor - W
@ Texas - L
Texas A&M - W

Obviously our best chance for a road win is at Colorado. It is possible we could lose at home to KSU. But if we can keep winning at home and get a sneaky win @ Colorado then either @OSU or @ Texas we could make it.

I have a friend here that is a very big college bball friend, he went to UNC. He watches a ton of college bball. He thinks if we can get it together and somehow make the tourney, that you never know how far you can go when you have two guards that can play like WW and TMG.

Just thinking out loud. I think we will probably finish 8-8 or 9-7, but 10-6 would be great. Wish we could get at least one of those close ones we lost back at atm or tech.

This team is actually quite close to being 6-2 in conference play. A couple of little breaks in College Station and Lubbock and OU is 6-2, second place in the Big XII.

The RPI is going to kill OU if OU is a bubble team.

The only really bad losses we have are San Diego and Houston. The others are all to top 100 RPI teams.

I saw a stat last week that of all the Big 12 teams, OU was 0-0 vs top 25 teams. We were the only team that has not played a top 25 team, until this past Saturday. So, given our record and our bad losses, we would probably have to win 1 and probably 2 games in the Big 12 tourney to get in, and even then it would not be for sure.

However, does anybody truly think this team will go 10-6? Given our road performance so far, no way in h-e-l-l we beat Colorado and KSU will be very tough. Not to mention a win in Stillwater that will be very tough to get.

I think 8-8 is more likely, and probable.

Not sure if this has been pointed out yet or not but Kansas State went 10-6 in the league a few years ago and did not get in.

If we won against San Diego and Houston we probably get in for sure with 10-6. Losing to those 2 makes it to where we need 10-6 plus probably 2 more wins in the Big 12 Tourney.

I think we would have to go 10-6 and win a few games in the Big 12 Tourney. We just don't have enough big wins to make it. If we somehow beat Kansas and win one game in the Big 12 Tourney that may be good enough. NIT is looking good for us right now though.

We will have good enough wins to be considered for the dance at 10-6. I think the ugly losses will keep us out, though. OU, even at 10-6, will have to win a 1st round Big XII Tournament game.

Here's a glimpse at our resume thus far:

OU 13-9 (4-4), RPI 76, SOS 43

Quality wins:

Texas (21)
Oklahoma St (41)
Missouri (47)

Bad losses:

Nebraska (127)
Houston (157)
San Diego (228) - wow, wow, WOW

With regards to 10-6 vs 9-7 getting into the tournament needs to be considered in light of the other teams in the conference. Take Texas for example, they are now 5-3. Their games before we go to Austin are : Kansas, Nebraska, at Mizzou, at Tech, OSU and at A&M. The way they played yesterday it is likely they lose 2, probable to lose 3 and possible to lose 4. If they lose 3, they will be 8-6 with the OU home game and at Baylor to go. If they are at 8-6, I think it is highly likely that they will drop one of those two games giving them a record of 9-7. Barnes will be sweating bullets that they don't go 8-8. The pressure on them will be intense if they are in that boat.

No, I am not making that prediction. It is just that we are halfway through the season. And with real world situations (injuries and bad behavior) it is just as likely that another team's season will fall apart as it is for us to improve. Who knows how things will turn out? It is possible that 9-7 puts someone into 4th place in the conference.

Here's a glimpse at our resume thus far:

OU 13-9 (4-4), RPI 76, SOS 43

Quality wins:

Texas (21)
Oklahoma St (41)
Missouri (47)

Bad losses:

Nebraska (127)
Houston (157)
San Diego (228) - wow, wow, WOW

Dang it senior...you are messing with my positive chi. Stupid Facts...ugggh.

Back