Can we make the dance? Can we go 10-6?

Well remember that this is just the current time. If we're going to have any chance at going to the tournament we are going to have to beat the following teams, all of which have good to great RPIs currently:

K State (8)
Baylor (28)
A&M (22)
Tech (32)

Bad losses:

Nebraska (127)
Houston (157)
San Diego (228) - wow, wow, WOW

If we are on the bubble, this is what will knock us out. We pretty much have to put ourselves in the Tourney, b/c I don't think we make it if we end up on the bubble. Too much "bad", and not enough chances to get BIG wins. Beating KU is probably going to be the only chance we have at doing something that would catch the nation's attention. I don't think UT and KSU will be valued at that level by the end of the year. Neither will likely be a top 20 team.

If we are on the bubble, this is what will knock us out. We pretty much have to put ourselves in the Tourney, b/c I don't think we make it if we end up on the bubble. Too much "bad", and not enough chances to get BIG wins. Beating KU is probably going to be the only chance we have at doing something that would catch the nation's attention. I don't think UT and KSU will be valued at that level by the end of the year. Neither will likely be a top 20 team.

KSU not likely a top 20 team by the end of the year? News to me. I think they are the 2nd best team in the 2nd best conference in the country.

I could see Texas really slipping, but chances are, they too will still be right around that top 20 mark at the end of the year.

KSU not likely a top 20 team by the end of the year? News to me. I think they are the 2nd best team in the 2nd best conference in the country.

I could see Texas really slipping, but chances are, they too will still be right around that top 20 mark at the end of the year.

Being the 2nd best team in the Big 12 doesn't automatically guarantee that you are a top 20 team in the country.

I stand by what I've said all year, the Big 12 is more competitive top to bottom, but that is mostly b/c the 2-4 teams in the Big 12 aren't as strong as normal. Heck, both KSU and UT have three losses already, and both will likely lose 2-3 more.

We need to root for Texas to pull it together and finish in the top 10/15. Their one remaining loss should be to us in Austin. ;)

We need to win as many as we can and hope that the Pac 10 continues to struggle. The NCAA could take six Big 12 teams, or they could take 8 if there are that many deserving. It's not like there is a slotted number. However, if the Pac 10 only gets 1-2 where they would normally get 5-7, there are more bids for the rest of the country to slide into.

The balance of what counts more, a bad loss or a good win usually swings in favor of the good win. Mostly because a majority of a teams bad losses come in November and December while your good wins usually come in January, Februrary and March.

The what have you done for me lately mentality counts alot, a team's record over their last ten games going into Selection Sunday is very important. If you're not playing well going into the NCAA's and you are on the bubble you probably aren't getting a bid.

I love the dream, fellas. We're NIT bound. Nothing wrong with keeping it positive. NIT will be good for the kids. We have 3 losses that are so bad; I don't see the committee forgiving us. Great win yesterday!

I think 9-7 gets us in if we win 1 in the Big 12 Tourney...No guarantee but I like our chances with that. Remember this: there are really no bubble teams that look like they "deserve" to go to the tourney...

I think that this team is going to need to go 10-6 and win a game in the Big 12 Tourney to make the dance.

As mentioned above, too many bad loses combined with not enough total wins have put us in a tough spot for this year.

I feel pretty good about the NIT though as long as we can continue to win at home (and that starts with getting another win on Tuesday against a pesky Tech team).

We need to win 2 games in the tourney unless we win out in conference (which gets us some road wins). We have too many blowouts (Baylor, Neb, UTEP ) and 3 really bad losses to hope that 10-6 and 0-1 in tourney play would get us in. I really won't feel comfortable unless they win the rest of their games or win the tourney and get the automatic bid.

Back