7:00 , 12/5, on UVerse (in Dallas) 647.

Rosters:

5-7 Jr G Taylor Sells 6.5 ppg, 21 assists, 10 steals
5-6 Sr G Kamry Orr 12.5 ppg, 20 turnovers, 10 steals
6-4 So F Mekaylan Hicks 6.0 ppg, 6.0 reb
5-9 Sr G Alanie Fisher 7.33 pgg, 5.7 reb
5-5 Fr G Shay Jphnson 5.33 ppg, 16 assists
6-2 SO C Hannah Langhi 8.0 ppg, 5.0 reb

They do outrebound their opponents by six. They have only 80 turnovers to their opponents''s 137. They have 57 steals to their opponent's 24. Central Arkansas has committed 119 fouls. The opposition has committed 134.

The most telling stat? Central Michigan has shot only 13.24% from three (9 of 68).

Central Arkansas is 4-2. Schedule makes a difference.

They'll probably shoot 50% from 3 against us!

I kid, I kid.

Kinda.

If we have any hope of righting the ship, this is an absolute must-win.

Realtime rpi

174 Oklahoma

321 Central Arkansas

Incidentally:

188 Texas Tech 5-2
284 West Virginia 4-2

I've seen West Virginia play and that RPI is not a good indicator in my opinion. West Virginia will beat us handily, unless we have less than 20 turnovers a game and can actually hit over 50% of free throws, but that may be asking too much of this group of freshmen or namely expecting too much of this group, according to some...

I agree. This is a must win. The current situation is much worse for players and coaches than fans. That should tell you how bad it is because virtually everyone says this is uncharted waters for EVERYONE: a time unlike any other in at least 15 years.

Youth is killing us, but offering a decent level of hope that experience will ultimately be our savior.

I’m not sure where this team is headed. We have some of the best young players we’ve had in years, but the lack of bigs and scoring inside has killed us this year.

Of course, turnovers have ALWAYS BEEN A FAILURE of Sherri’s program. But utter failure at — Free Throws - is now devastatingly and comically bad.

That a coaching staff with salaries in the $2 million range can’t, or won’t, do things to correct that is, frankly, unacceptable and unforgivable.

Besides Central Arkansas, I see very few. (perhaps not any) give-me games for the remainder of the year.

I posted a few days ago that we might be able to scrape together 15 wins this year.

At this moment I am not sure we can count to 10.

If we make 10 wins or less this year, I’m not sure even Sherri and her staff can survive that — I don’t care how bright the next couple of seasons may look to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I agree. This is a must win. The current situation is much worse for players and coaches than fans. That should tell you how bad it is because virtually everyone says this is uncharted waters for EVERYONE: a time unlike any other in at least 15 years.

Youth is killing us, but offering a decent level of hope that experience will ultimately be our savior.

I’m not sure where this team is headed. We have some of the best young players we’ve had in years, but the lack of bigs and scoring inside has killed us this year.

Of course, turnovers have ALWAYS BEEN A FAILURE of Sherri’s program. But utter failure at — Free Throws - is now devastatingly and comically bad.

That a coach is staff with salaries in the $2 million range can’t, or won’t, do things to correct that is, frankly, unacceptable and unforgivable.

Besides Central Arkansas, I see very few. (perhaps not any) give-me games for the remainder of the year.

I posted a few days ago that we might be able to scrape together 15 wins this year.

At this moment I am not sure we can count to 10.

If we make 10 wins or less this year, I’m not sure even Sherri and her staff can survive that — I don’t care how bright the next couple of seasons may look to be.

Sherri and her staff may not survive in the eyes of the OU fan base but rest assured she will survive and have the support of the administration for the next 2-3 years. Although I do expect there to be conversations regarding what she is going to do/change to turn this thing around.

30-35 wins in the next 3 seasons and her job may be in jeopardy. JMHO.

I don't think we will lose by more than 5 tonight. Until they prove me wrong, we tend to find ways to get behind the 8 ball.

In reality, this should be a minimum 30 point win and everyone plays. Taylor may hit 10 3's tonight. That would be sweet. I just want to see an improvement in free throw shooting, PLEASE.

OU women in bottom ten of the nation in free throw shooting.:facepalm

Six minute mark OU has attempted 3 shots.....have five turnovers

Score 6-2 Bears

4:19 first quarter timeout

Bears 8-4

Ugly basketball

Yeah seven or so turnovers already...just gross. Ana isn't going to make miracles happen either....this should be us killing a team tonight but we always find a way to suck it up. It's the SC way!!

Stats say eight turnovers in the first quarter.....I think the stat guys were very kind to OU.

Still shooting free throws at the 50% mark ....................3-6

OU had a big run the last five minutes of the quarter......scored like 12 or 14 points before the bears responded.

18-10 starting the second quarter OU ahead

Seems like they woke up. That was one of the slowest starts I have ever seen out of a any team in any sport. 16-0 run. Good job to regain control.

OU up 26-25 at the half.......scored EIGHT POINTS in the second quarter.

3-8 from the charity stripe.......14 turnovers....

Looks like a long season

Re: Central Arkansas.

Scored 8 points in the second period. Shooting .375 from the line.

Young team, we’ve been in a lot of games even had the lead at times, only to fall apart... the team needs to find out how to finish games. I’m not sure the team holds each other accountable for turn overs, someone has to get mad if Sherri can’t fit the problem... it’s going to be a long season but the futur is pretty bright and by the time our young players become juniors the team should be really really good.

Back