Dumb

If these guys make it out of China, is UCLA going to suspend these players??? Will be interesting to see.

Was it Pledger and Fitzgerald that got caught in Dillard's one day? How many games did they get?

I'm not going to comment on their arrest until Lavar Ball tells me what to say! ;)

What is he saying, by the way? No way he can let this pass without drawing attention to himself by opening his big mouth! I feel sorry for his boys.

I'm not going to comment on their arrest until Lavar Ball tells me what to say! ;)

What is he saying, by the way? No way he can let this pass without drawing attention to himself by opening his big mouth! I feel sorry for his boys.

He had a “press conference” scheduled in his hotel room in Shanghai last night but a lawyer advised him to cancel it. You have to imagine the Chinese authorities wouldn’t have liked that, and the UCLA players would probably be punished by their legal system more harshly because of it.

You have to imagine the Chinese authorities wouldn’t have liked that, and the UCLA players would probably be punished by their legal system more harshly because of it.

In the US you are presumed innocent until proven guilty.

In Mexico you are presumed guilty once charged and must build a case for innocence.

In China all presumptions are gone and the first consideration is how the actions of the accused affected the state. Being lippy and talking trash would be a monumental disaster. They are all about honor and reputation.

Was it Pledger and Fitzgerald that got caught in Dillard's one day? How many games did they get?

They missed 1 game. Arrest was after we played Texas. They were suspended for next game against Texas Tech. They played the following game against OSU.

Don't know if they were rightly or wrongly accused (though I have my suspicions). But according to Lavar, it's no big deal and we might as well move along as there's nothing to see here.

even worse now it turns out they didnt just shoplift at that one place ... it was a crime spree. they stole from 3 different stores. they are in serious trouble unless China is just very lenient on them. personally I dont think they should be so lenient.

even worse now it turns out they didnt just shoplift at that one place ... it was a crime spree. they stole from 3 different stores. they are in serious trouble unless China is just very lenient on them. personally I dont think they should be so lenient.

You would think that someone would have pounded into their thick skulls that shoplifting, or any crime for that matter, in a foreign country is a completely different situation than committing the same crime in your home country.

You don't think they should be so lenient? wtf. You want a foreign dictatorship to bring the hammer down on a couple of dumbass 18 year olds for shoplifting?

You don't think they should be so lenient? wtf. You want a foreign dictatorship to bring the hammer down on a couple of dumbass 18 year olds for shoplifting?

I think this year of basketball should be over and they should be under house arrest at that hotel for a few months.

How would people feel if these were OU players instead of UCLA players?

Stealing from 3 stores is more of a crime-spree than simple shoplifting...and anyone dumb enough to do that in another country is someone I would have no sympathy for. I remember being in Moscow several years ago and got to see Vladimer Lenin lying in his bed...dead about 75 years. We were told over and over that anyone who tries to take a photo of him will do some serious jail time. My thought was that anyone stupid enough to try deserves all the jail time their penalty system calls for. I really don't think much differently in this case. When in a different country, simply obey their laws...not rocket science.

How would people feel if these were OU players instead of UCLA players?
Same. DeMarcus Granger is wandering the streets of Needles, California as we speak in search of a Patagonia pullover.

The same. I don't want kids getting special treatment. Don't do stupid $&@: especially in a communist country. Be smarter.

I agree. I would love to hear what they were told before they left on this trip.

Back