Future of Moser

Based on what exactly? How do you know if we played bad offensively or if we just weren't prepared?
Because I think we can all agree we played well defensively and were prepared defensively
Because I have watched thousands of basketball games and at some point, you can tell the difference. Again, if a team moves the ball well and gets open looks that don't go in, that isn't a matter of not being prepared. But if a team is turning the ball over and looks incredibly stagnant, that is a pretty good sign that they didn't come in with great focus or a clear idea of what they trying to do. And a glaring lack of discipline, as demonstrated by the techs and flagrants, also shows a team that isn't focused on the right things.

Because I have watched thousands of basketball games and at some point, you can tell the difference. Again, if a team moves the ball well and gets open looks that don't go in, that isn't a matter of not being prepared. But if a team is turning the ball over and looks incredibly stagnant, that is a pretty good sign that they didn't come in with great focus or a clear idea of what they trying to do. And a glaring lack of discipline, as demonstrated by the techs and flagrants, also shows a team that isn't focused on the right things.

I agree the offense came out flat with many careless TOs. They found a way to win a rivalry game despite playing poorly and poor officiating, though. That requires focus.

Hopefully ou can split their 2 this week. Going to be a very difficult slate.

You said it’s 70/30 that Moser is gone. If you feel this way, then he is gone. Any replacement names being tossed around?

Just going on what folks I trust are saying... The teams mentioned dont make sense unless its just truly awful here for his family. I find a tad hard to believe.

I dont want him to go. Things change fast. I think someone posted a tweet saying Depaul could F this up... I hope they do. Porter is a bigger fish than depaul.

Yes and we barely had a lead or were behind because we were so terrible on the other end. What does that say about our preparation?

Gave them 6 points.. maybe 4 on BS techs from insurance johnny or whatever his name is.

Sometimes offense doesn't flow and everyone was clearly frustrated... but you couldnt see that from the radio... Every time we got going Happy Tech Ref blew his whistle.

Sensitive sally basically tossed Sam Godwin from the bench...

Your info is always spot on. You hearing any names we might be interested in when it happens?

Just going on what folks I trust are saying... The teams mentioned dont make sense unless its just truly awful here for his family. I find a tad hard to believe.

I dont want him to go. Things change fast. I think someone posted a tweet saying Depaul could F this up... I hope they do. Porter is a bigger fish than depaul.
I hope Porter doesn't go either. The guy brought in some really talented freshmen who likely leave if he goes. He's been in on guys that probably don't give OU a look either like how BV opened doors back up for defensive guys in football. I do wish Porter had more donor support and they get the new arena built because that will be a major hurdle whether Porter is here or not.

I hope Porter doesn't go either. The guy brought in some really talented freshmen who likely leave if he goes. He's been in on guys that probably don't give OU a look either like how BV opened doors back up for defensive guys in football. I do wish Porter had more donor support and they get the new arena built because that will be a major hurdle whether Porter is here or not.

SEC in theory should help a new arena talk but I dont see it happening.

Itll be a total gut if he bounces.. but thats the Portal these days.

We currently play in the best conference in the country and have for many years. Why would moving to a league that isn't quite as good, and where we lose our longstanding rivals, help the push for a new arena?

I would be bummed to lose the one highly rated kid we have coming in, but it's never smart to keep a coach for short-sighted reasons.

Dealing with the city of Norman has been a hassle from what I've heard. Then you gotta make sure students show up, which I think Porter has gotten more student support since the Sampson days.

It would suck a lot if he were to leave because those 2 guys, Northweather has some potential, then you got Forsythe and Atak coming in with good potential. I would like to think Joe C should try to do what he can to help things.

We currently play in the best conference in the country and have for many years. Why would moving to a league that isn't quite as good, and where we lose our longstanding rivals, help the push for a new arena?

I would be bummed to lose the one highly rated kid we have coming in, but it's never smart to keep a coach for short-sighted reasons.
I'm guessing bc the $$$$.

Also, I don't think basketball rivalries really matter for OU in basketball much, or really for most basketball schools.

Lost in all this discussion: what the hell did Moser expect coming here? Did he do any homework on the job/arena? Everyone knows our fan base is spotty, the arena is old, and there have been a series of starts and stops over the years in discussing whether a new arena would be built. If he didn't realize that there was a strong possibility that an arena wouldn't be built for the foreseeable future, and leaves because of that, it is entirely his fault. And if he didn't realize that the single biggest thing he could do to help attendance was to win games, that's also on him. Selfies and hanging with frat boys is fine, but the shine wears off quickly if you lose most of your big home games and go multiple years without a tourney berth.

I'm guessing bc the $$$$.

Also, I don't think basketball rivalries really matter for OU in basketball much, or really for most basketball schools.
Fair point regarding the money. But as far as the rivalries go, most years, you can count on a packed house against KU (though we aren't good enough to really consider ourselves their rival), and good crowds against OSU and Texas. After the move, home games against Arky will always have a good crowd, in part because of their fans, and probably UK, but otherwise, we will be playing teams that won't fire up the casual fans. Somewhat opposite of the effect I think it will have in football.

Fair point regarding the money. But as far as the rivalries go, most years, you can count on a packed house against KU (though we aren't good enough to really consider ourselves their rival), and good crowds against OSU and Texas. After the move, home games against Arky will always have a good crowd, in part because of their fans, and probably UK, but otherwise, we will be playing teams that won't fire up the casual fans. Somewhat opposite of the effect I think it will have in football.
And we may not even get a home game against Kentucky every year. We'll get Texas and I presume Arkansas.

There are and will be good teams in the SEC. But will say, Tennessee and Auburn move the needle?

Alabama came in as the #1 team in the nation last year and LNC was full.

extra $70 mil a year will help.

The norman city stuff ive given up on. They dont want to grow anymore.

Turnovers are the biggest issue.
I'd argue we have more of a half court offense issue that leads to turnovers because guys are being put into positions where they aren't comfortable. This team has to shoot well to beat good competition.

Lost in all this discussion: what the hell did Moser expect coming here? Did he do any homework on the job/arena? Everyone knows our fan base is spotty, the arena is old, and there have been a series of starts and stops over the years in discussing whether a new arena would be built. If he didn't realize that there was a strong possibility that an arena wouldn't be built for the foreseeable future, and leaves because of that, it is entirely his fault. And if he didn't realize that the single biggest thing he could do to help attendance was to win games, that's also on him. Selfies and hanging with frat boys is fine, but the shine wears off quickly if you lose most of your big home games and go multiple years without a tourney berth.
lol you never fail to amaze me WS with the critiques of Moser you can come up with

Back