Future of Moser

You think me expressing my belief that we are poorly coached and that I personally would prefer not to have him coaching our team equate to facts? Let's give an example:

Fact: Porter Moser has missed the NCAA tourney as many times as Lon Kruger did in a decade, and more than Kelvin did in 12 years.

Opinions commonly expressed on this board: this is the deepest OU team in the past 400 years. We have NBA guys coming off the bench, and next year, Forsythe is going to be a star who makes all of us forget Jordan Woodard ever existed.
You keep moving the goal posts. You did not say "I believe that" we are the dumbest , most poorly coached team in the country. It was a statement of fact that you reported as being true by saying "we truly are ...." (no disclaimer was given, nor was any doubt expressed nor was an emoji added to indicate sarcasm). You just typed out what was a bald-faced lie because you are a write before thinking type person or apparently have no inward compunction against using dishonest and hurtful language to tear down the team and its coaches that you claim to be a fan of.

You think me expressing my belief that we are poorly coached and that I personally would prefer not to have him coaching our team equate to facts? Let's give an example:

Fact: Porter Moser has missed the NCAA tourney as many times as Lon Kruger did in a decade, and more than Kelvin did in 12 years.

Opinions commonly expressed on this board: this is the deepest OU team in the past 400 years. We have NBA guys coming off the bench, and next year, Forsythe is going to be a star who makes all of us forget Jordan Woodard ever existed.
You apparently never learned that opinions or beliefs should be properly identified as such by using words like "I believe ... or I think ... " Also I am not here to correct everyone's bad opinions or misstatements just yours right now. In the Navy we referred to responses like yours as coming from "sea lawyers". They never admit any guilt but just obfuscate and confuse the issue.

You apparently never learned that opinions or beliefs should be properly identified as such by using words like "I believe ... or I think ... " Also I am not here to correct everyone's bad opinions or misstatements just yours right now. In the Navy we referred to responses like yours as coming from "sea lawyers". They never admit any guilt but just obfuscate and confuse the issue.
I guess I assume that anyone over the age of four doesn’t need obvious things explained. I’ll dumb things down for you.

you have a bad habit of moving the goal posts.
I literally said in my post about this topic that it doesn't include pace. I wasn't ignoring it. I just don't have the data.
And ATO ratio, IMO is important but not when just talking about not turning the ball over. Assists are of different importance.
And I never said Self isn't a better coach. I just find humor that you slobber all over him, specifically about how he demands more discipline from his players, but the stats show his team turns it over the same amount as our team does.
Except, they don’t turn it over as often. We turn it over a higher percentage of possessions than they do. And as far as discipline, I don’t remember if I specially said he demands more discipline. I said he doesn’t use coach speak and wasn’t satisfied when they beat Baylor because of their sloppy play late in the game. But I do think he does a better job of coaching discipline. Turnovers are only one measure of that. Ball movement, late game execution, technicals … lots of stuff go into that.

Except, they don’t turn it over as often. We turn it over a higher percentage of possessions than they do. And as far as discipline, I don’t remember if I specially said he demands more discipline. I said he doesn’t use coach speak and wasn’t satisfied when they beat Baylor because of their sloppy play late in the game. But I do think he does a better job of coaching discipline. Turnovers are only one measure of that. Ball movement, late game execution, technicals … lots of stuff go into that.
They do turn it over as often

Do you have stats on turnovers per possession?

I guess I assume that anyone over the age of four doesn’t need obvious things explained. I’ll dumb things down for you.

We may lose every game the rest of the way but to this point. Tied in lose column with greatest coach ever bill self… to this point today… 10:33 feb 12th. It’s been a better year than you predicted and stated as fact since we lost last year….

Can you admit that?

We should hire Eduardo Najera as assistant to the assistant manager. He can bring his wealthy billionaire friend on as a donor to OU bball. Then we build the dang arena on campus, fill up the NIL tank, and go on a run all the way to the national championship.

Easy Peasy, lemon squeazy.

We should hire Eduardo Najera as assistant to the assistant manager. He can bring his wealthy billionaire friend on as a donor to OU bball. Then we build the dang arena on campus, fill up the NIL tank, and go on a run all the way to the national championship.

I don’t want it on campus. I had such a lousy time getting to the arena and parking that I really don’t feel like going back

We may lose every game the rest of the way but to this point. Tied in lose column with greatest coach ever bill self… to this point today… 10:33 feb 12th. It’s been a better year than you predicted and stated as fact since we lost last year….

Can you admit that?
I guess? I honestly don’t recall making any predictions on what our record would be, and certainly not what it would be after a random number like 11 conference games. I didn’t post for about 10 weeks before the season. But gun to my head as of the start of November, I would have predicted a final conference record of at most 8 wins, so if we exceed that, I’ll absolutely admit I was wrong. Just like I’ve repeatedly acknowledged that Moser did a good job upping the athleticism on the roster this year, and just like I posted last week that I was definitely wrong about Soares.

By the same token, will you or any of the people who took me to task for being skeptical that Northweather would be a key cog, or that we would play really fast and our defense would create offense all season, admit that that was all just talk in the preseason? Or that the early season hype about Oweh and a couple others was way premature?

Wichita pretending he predicted a 20 win season is hilarious. He correctly predicted that Cooper wouldn't be a major contributor this year, but beyond that, he was dead wrong on everything this offseason. He thought Hughley was our best player and pretty much wanted to abort the season when it looked like he might go elsewhere.

OU definitely turns the ball over to much. But how much is on player versus coaching? JM or Los drives to basket afraid to get blocked so throws an ill advised pass out and it’s a turnover. Is that on coaching? Possibly, but I would believe Coach wants them driving to help open up the 3 point shot. I mean I get upset I the stands when it appears driving lanes are open but they do not drive for 1 reason or another.

Some of the long passes down court to our center are probably not a good idea and yes I would say coach that out of them.

But turnovers while driving lane can be frustrating, but driving is needed.

Co-sign this. Normally against the we must hire an OU guy. But absolutely on this lol

Back