Future of Moser

I tend to believe Moser there. He seems to have a lot more integrity and scruples than Riley. That doesn’t mean a big dog couldn’t come in and take him away.

I tend to believe Moser there. He seems to have a lot more integrity and scruples than Riley. That doesn’t mean a big dog couldn’t come in and take him away.

To be clear, I said it mostly in jest. :) I know I'm far from the only OU fan who thinks this way, but I do think there's some scar tissue there with Lincoln though that bleeds over.

I appreciate the question from Przybylo (about the only good journalist at SoonerScoop), but Moser is clearly not going to answer "Yes, I'm talking to DePaul and want out of Norman."

I was going to be stunned if he left the job for DePaul and agree with you that it would make more sense that if he leaves, it's to a bigger basketball school than OU. Not a dumpster fire like DePaul.

Hope all these rumors die away quickly and Moser is still here next year as we look to make some real noise in the SEC.

lol you never fail to amaze me WS with the critiques of Moser you can come up with

It is not hard for someone like WichitaSooner to be amazing in his hateful remarks about Moser. Because he is willing to make up crap or post patently ridiculous outright horrible lies to try and make a point or to vent his anger. I am quoting below a totally untrue post of his from the OSU game thread (post #143 Saturday at 7:16 pm)’

“We truly are the dumbest, most poorly coached team in the country.”

Yet he claims to be a fan. He complains about the technical fouls being a sign of Moser’s ineffectiveness at controlling the team discipline, but doesn’t seem to be able to be disciplined enough in his own behavior to stick to truthful statements when complaining when things are not to his liking.

It is not hard for someone like WichitaSooner to be amazing in his hateful remarks about Moser. Because he is willing to make up crap or post patently ridiculous outright horrible lies to try and make a point or to vent his anger. I am quoting below a totally untrue post of his from the OSU game thread (post #143 Saturday at 7:16 pm)’

Yet he claims to be a fan. He complains about the technical fouls being a sign of Moser’s ineffectiveness at controlling the team discipline, but doesn’t seem to be able to be disciplined enough in his own behavior to stick to truthful statements when complaining when things are not to his liking.
Welcome to OUhoops chuck! 😂🤝🏽

the funniest thing lately is him railing on Moser about TOs and it being a sign of bad coaching and in the same breathe praising self and KU for valueing the basketball and it being a sign of a great coach.

And then you look up our conference TOPG and OU is 11.1 and KU is 11.0

the funniest thing lately is him railing on Moser about TOs and it being a sign of bad coaching and in the same breathe praising self and KU for valueing the basketball and it being a sign of a great coach.

oh-that-was-different-injured.gif

Welcome to OUhoops chuck! 😂🤝🏽
I’d prefer he get two. He would serve our team best from the locker room.
I have been here for years but mainly as a reader not a poster. I added above another of WS mind boggling display of his uncontrolled dislike of Moser running wild to the idiotic extreme. The above WS quote referring to hoping that Moser would get forced to leave the floor during the OSU game if he picked up two technicals while protesting to the refs as if he really believes that would help our team. What hogwash.

Last edited:

Still waiting for you to find an objectively untrue factual statement that I made.

And again, you ignore the relevant stat, which is turnover percentage, since it accounts for pace, and you also ignore assist to turnover, which shows a more complete picture of how well a team handles the ball. But yeah, I guess I am ridiculous for suggesting that Bill Self is a better coach who more consistently gets his teams to play disciplined basketball. It's purely bad luck and bad refs that screw old Porter. Oh, and Lon. Lon really left poor PM in a bind. It'll take decades to undue the mess that poor Porter inherited.

Not sure you understand the definition of a fact.
You think me expressing my belief that we are poorly coached and that I personally would prefer not to have him coaching our team equate to facts? Let's give an example:

Fact: Porter Moser has missed the NCAA tourney as many times as Lon Kruger did in a decade, and more than Kelvin did in 12 years.

Opinions commonly expressed on this board: this is the deepest OU team in the past 400 years. We have NBA guys coming off the bench, and next year, Forsythe is going to be a star who makes all of us forget Jordan Woodard ever existed.

You think me expressing my belief that we are poorly coached and that I personally would prefer not to have him coaching our team equate to facts? Let's give an example:

Fact: Porter Moser has missed the NCAA tourney as many times as Lon Kruger did in a decade, and more than Kelvin did in 12 years.

Opinions commonly expressed on this board: this is the deepest OU team in the past 400 years. We have NBA guys coming off the bench, and next year, Forsythe is going to be a star who makes all of us forget Jordan Woodard ever existed.

Wow. I must have missed a few dozen (few hundred?) threads.

Still waiting for you to find an objectively untrue factual statement that I made.
You stated as a fact that " We truly are the dumbest, most poorly coached team in the country.” . That is an objectively untrue factual statement that you made, If we were the most poorly coached team in the country how do we have a winning record and a national ranking?

And again, you ignore the relevant stat, which is turnover percentage, since it accounts for pace, and you also ignore assist to turnover, which shows a more complete picture of how well a team handles the ball. But yeah, I guess I am ridiculous for suggesting that Bill Self is a better coach who more consistently gets his teams to play disciplined basketball. It's purely bad luck and bad refs that screw old Porter. Oh, and Lon. Lon really left poor PM in a bind. It'll take decades to undue the mess that poor Porter inherited.
you have a bad habit of moving the goal posts.
I literally said in my post about this topic that it doesn't include pace. I wasn't ignoring it. I just don't have the data.
And ATO ratio, IMO is important but not when just talking about not turning the ball over. Assists are of different importance.
And I never said Self isn't a better coach. I just find humor that you slobber all over him, specifically about how he demands more discipline from his players, but the stats show his team turns it over the same amount as our team does.

Back