Future of Moser

Crap like this is kind of why I left.

I don't have another name. I haven't posted since last May (just checked). I've been lurking and reading some, but I've decided my time is better spent than arguing on a message board with people I generally don't respect.

Poked my head back in today because FINALLY, a lot of folks around here are saying what I was saying 1, 2, even 3 years ago. Moser ain't it.
I said that after year 1. Year 1 was enough for me, but there are STILL people clamoring for him to stay at OU. I'm lost.

I saw that on a KU fan blog and found it interesting that even opposing fan bases are aware of our issues.

Came over here to take the temperature. I think I'll continue to not be here. Better for my health to talk to people who actually know college basketball.

1) Porter Moser is a good, well respected coach
2) OU should have been in the tourney in 2022 and to look past that is just to satisfy your own opinions
3) OU will be in the tourney this year
4) If OU gets rid of Moser (hint: they will not) it will be a complete rebuild from scratch again and we'll fall even further behind than we already are

If Moser leaves on his own, he's leaving for the same reasons Kelvin left 20 years ago. Things haven't changed in 20 years, in fact, they've fallen further behind.

Came over here to take the temperature. I think I'll continue to not be here. Better for my health to talk to people who actually know college basketball.

2) OU should have been in the tourney in 2022 and to look past that is just to satisfy your own opinions
4) If OU gets rid of Moser (hint: they will not) it will be a complete rebuild from scratch again and we'll fall even further behind than we already are

If Moser leaves on his own, he's leaving for the same reasons Kelvin left 20 years ago. Things haven't changed in 20 years, in fact, they've fallen further behind.
🤡🤡

I do for the right job. DePaul could do far far worse!

But….

Mixed signals. Chicago folks think he’s staying. Lot of smoke Ou folks thinks he’s leaving.

Odd odd vibes on both sides
Everyone I talk to here in Chicago would be shocked if he left Oklahoma right now.

Also, everyone is floored when I tell them OU fans are restless. The outside view of Oklahoma basketball is VERY different than the view from the inside.

The first three points you make are your opinions, not facts. Which is fine, as long as you acknowledge it. As for number 4, again, I don’t know why people can’t adjust to the new order of business and realize that most programs are rebuilding every offseason even if they keep the same coach. And frankly, would it be a bad thing to rebuild after three years of watching this garbage? A good coach would have had us in the tournament each of the past two seasons, and a good coach would be able to get us there next year if mini Majerus leaves.

I said that after year 1. Year 1 was enough for me, but there are STILL people clamoring for him to stay at OU. I'm lost.
Well no offense we but that’s idiotic (that you give a coach one year to form an opinion)

Sorry but our talent is seriously lacking.
Non of our players except Moore would get time at ku

I do blame moser for that.
Uzan and Oweh are more talented than Harris, but they obviously haven’t improved. That’s also on coaching. And Soares is better than any of the guys coming off KU’s bench. JM is also clearly talented enough to play for KU, even though he isn’t nearly as good as this board made him out to be.

The first three points you make are your opinions, not facts. Which is fine, as long as you acknowledge it. As for number 4, again, I don’t know why people can’t adjust to the new order of business and realize that most programs are rebuilding every offseason even if they keep the same coach. And frankly, would it be a bad thing to rebuild after three years of watching this garbage? A good coach would have had us in the tournament each of the past two seasons, and a good coach would be able to get us there next year if mini Majerus leaves.
The fact that we were even close in year one was a mini-miracle.

1. I agree that Moser is an overall good coach. Good coaches get to the Final Four. But he has proven he cannot consistently win at the Big 12 level, which is the good OU needs. I'm sure he could go back to the mid-major level and do really well. I'm not sure why it has to be either he's "good" or "bad." I feel like there is alot of grey area there.

2. I think OU was very close to making the tournament in 2022, but I think it's a stretch to say they "should" have been in. But I know that is a debate to be had.

3. I disagree. The team is playing really bad basketball right now. It could be anyone's fault but things are amiss. And it does not please me to say that. March is so much more fun when OU is in the tourney. IDC what seed.

4. The right guy could have OU dancing by year two. I firmly believe that with the transfer portal. I think OU's NIL for basketball is going to get better.

First of all, Kelvin left because Indiana came calling and back then you didn’t turn down Indiana to stay at Oklahoma. Also NCAA violations were looming.

Second, I guess you watched the last few games and said “wow that’s a well-coached team! If the program was better OU would have won!”

Yes things have fallen further behind, but a portion of that lands squarely on the shoulders of the head coach. He’s not a good fit here in my opinion.

Second, I guess you watched the last few games and said “wow that’s a well-coached team! If the program was better OU would have won!”
I'm so sick of people bashing the program. Moser himself praised the program when he got hired! He raved about the job Lon had done. It was his job to only go up from there!

I'm so sick of people bashing the program. Moser himself praised the program when he got hired! He raved about the job Lon had done. It was his job to only go up from there!
Right, that guy apparently thinks Moser is too good for our program

Back