Future of Moser

I’m not getting into the FAU vs OU debate but I think Dusty May is a good coach and I’d be fine with OU pursuing him if we have an opening. I think his resume and style is worth a close look.

That said, there’s still a risk in hiring him and anyone not proven in P4. Ultimately, OU will have to support the program better from within if we ever want to be great again. New arena, NIL support, admin support, fan support, etc. Otherwise, we’re just pissing in the wind and wasting money.
I'd sign Dusty May up today. But he'll have his pick of better jobs than OU after this season.

I do for the right job. DePaul could do far far worse!

But….

Mixed signals. Chicago folks think he’s staying. Lot of smoke Ou folks thinks he’s leaving.

Odd odd vibes on both sides
Do you get the feeling that the awful play the last three games has anything to do with the rumors? Are there distractions on the team because if it?

I do for the right job. DePaul could do far far worse!

But….

Mixed signals. Chicago folks think he’s staying. Lot of smoke Ou folks thinks he’s leaving.

Odd odd vibes on both sides
He’s not a good coach and irs not a secret.

It’s hard for me to think that some committee is getting together and saying “he’s one of our top 3 guys “. Especially when you can get a younger guy who might catch fire in the NCAAs.

Reality is Porter is tying his name to all these Midwest catholic jobs, not vica versa.I actually know someone who works with a coaching firm. I’m going to ask what he’s hearing.

Last edited:
There were distractions. Los said best I think.

Off week couldn’t come at a better time.
I hate hearing that. The fans and program deserve better. This team had a real chance to do something this year.

It’s hard for me to think that some committee is getting together and saying “he’s one of our top 3 guys “. Especially when you can get a younger guy who might catch fire in the NCAAs.

Reality is Porter is tying his name to all these Midwest catholic jobs, not vica versa.I actually know someone who works with a coaching firm. I’m going to ask what he’s hearing.
I agree. What has he done at OU in his two years that schools would be willing to pay his buyout to get? Go 15-17 is second year in? Chances are it’s another NIT year this year. That certainly doesn’t help his chances of getting hired somewhere else. But it is becoming more and more apparent that it’s just not working out. I hope Joe C makes the right decision this off season.

My opinion has not changed in the past few weeks. If OU can't manage to squeeze into the NCAA Tournament this year, Moser will leave if he has the chance. Coaches will almost always choose to stay one year ahead of the firing curve. If we do squeeze into the Dance he becomes a bit more attractive a candidate, but Joe C will use that as leverage to make sure OU gets every penny of that buyout if Coach wants to capitalize on that. Winning does have a way to cure these things. I mentioned it prior about Kelvin Sampson. He interviewed for seemingly every available job his first few years at OU (including Texas). Things changed for him the moment he inked Hollis Price. If Moser can sign his version of Hollis, perhaps that will make him want to be here long-term.

Not a good coach is your opinion Id guess 90% of the basketball world would disagree. and thats not a secret either.

Not a good coach is your opinion Id guess 90% of the basketball world would disagree. and thats not a secret either.

He has a lifetime head coaching record of 151-185 in conference games, including 104-116 in his last two stops.

100% of the time that does not describe a good coach. Dude's entire legacy is built on the back of 2-3 seasons out of 20. The guy is literally .500 or below in conference games at 3 of his 4 HC jobs. That is brutal. Doubt you could find another coach viewed as a good coach that has a similar stat. Not one.

There were distractions. Los said best I think.

Off week couldn’t come at a better time.

Agreed. Javian seems gassed, which is something I noticed later in the season at Sienna as well. His nonconference highlights (against better competition like Ole Miss) were much more impressive. I attributed that to injury. I'm hopeful that he comes back looking like the guy we saw earlier in the season.

He has a lifetime head coaching record of 151-185 in conference games, including 104-116 in his last two stops.

100% of the time that does not describe a good coach. Dude's entire legacy is built on the back of 2-3 seasons out of 20. The guy is literally .500 or below in conference games at 3 of his 4 HC jobs. That is brutal. Doubt you could find another coach viewed as a good coach that has a similar stat. Not one.

We've had this discussion ad nauseum over the last year or two, so I won't rehash it all, but if you're viewing his stop at Loyola as anything other than a smashing success, then you're out of touch. He was hired based on that, and not what he did 20 years ago at other stops.

Wow.

Good to see you back, WT! I like this username a lot more than the other name you used.

Good to see you back, WT! I like this username a lot more than the other name you used.
Crap like this is kind of why I left.

I don't have another name. I haven't posted since last May (just checked). I've been lurking and reading some, but I've decided my time is better spent than arguing on a message board with people I generally don't respect.

Poked my head back in today because FINALLY, a lot of folks around here are saying what I was saying 1, 2, even 3 years ago. Moser ain't it.

I don't have another name. I haven't posted since last May (just checked). I've been lurking and reading some, but I've decided my time is better spent than arguing on a message board with people I generally don't respect.

Poked my head back in today because FINALLY, a lot of folks around here are saying what I was saying 1, 2, even 3 years ago. Moser ain't it.
I wasn’t a poster back three years ago when Moser first got hired but I do distinctly remember people bringing up the concerns that have manifested.

Oh, ok…my bad!

As much as I hate to admit it, I agree with your take on Moser! He’s better at answering questions in an interview than making decisions from the bench.

I may have more to say about that later on!

Back