Future of Moser

I still don't believe Moser would willingly go to DePaul, and I'm even less convinced DePaul would pay his full buyout. I still believe this is his exit strategy if being pushed out and Joe C is willing to negotiate the buyout.

I don't get it either, that job and especially city are a dump.

would love to know how much money depaul throws around in NIL this offseason. hope we put that $6 million to good use.

I still don't believe Moser would willingly go to DePaul, and I'm even less convinced DePaul would pay his full buyout. I still believe this is his exit strategy if being pushed out and Joe C is willing to negotiate the buyout.
I think he would. He's had three years at a football school in the southwest and he probably feels like he's done. He's a Chicago guy. Not only that, he's Catholic with connections to Catholic school culture in Chicago. DePaul has a new arena (off campus, downtown), and apparently they are going to do well enough with NIL. The thought of being the guy to restore DePaul basketball probably excites him like it would few others.

If it happens, I wish him well. I hope we can get to the tournament this year and he doesn't become the first coach in almost 50 years to not take OU to the Big Dance.

Oh I believe there is a real chance that he's the next coach at DePaul. It will be with Joe C's blessing, though.
Both of these things can be true. He probably willingly wants to go to DePaul. Joe C. likes Porter personally, a lot. He knows the connection between Porter and Chicago, and knows the last three years haven't been the best.

I could see Joe C. helping him go. I hope we get a buyout out of the deal. The contract says $6 million after this year. I hope we get part or all of it.

I just hope we get the full $6 million dollar buyout and we can use that to buy the next coach and some good players too.
School can't use their own money to buy players.

It's why the move to the SEC isn't going to directly improve NIL either. Can the school tell donors to send money to collectives and not the school/athletic program? Sure. But schools aren't out there using school money to buy kids. Even the inept NCAA would come down on that.

I think he would. He's had three years at a football school in the southwest and he probably feels like he's done. He's a Chicago guy. Not only that, he's Catholic with connections to Catholic school culture in Chicago. DePaul has a new arena (off campus, downtown), and apparently they are going to do well enough with NIL. The thought of being the guy to restore DePaul basketball probably excites him like it would few others.

If it happens, I wish him well. I hope we can get to the tournament this year and he doesn't become the first coach in almost 50 years to not take OU to the Big Dance.

Depaul is 3-26. They're not NIL powers whatsoever. Ted Lasso could win three times as many games there with a third of OU's NIL budget. Depaul's attendance in a good year is a fraction of OU's in a bad year. If Moser thinks this job has potential, then he's as dumb as Wichita thinks he is.

School can't use their own money to buy players.

It's why the move to the SEC isn't going to directly improve NIL either. Can the school tell donors to send money to collectives and not the school/athletic program? Sure. But schools aren't out there using school money to buy kids. Even the inept NCAA would come down on that.
Yeah, ok. If we have an extra $6 million, that frees up another $6 million from other sources. You can play semantics all you want but that’s $6 million to buy players and a coach.

Back