Future of Moser

School can't use their own money to buy players.

It's why the move to the SEC isn't going to directly improve NIL either. Can the school tell donors to send money to collectives and not the school/athletic program? Sure. But schools aren't out there using school money to buy kids. Even the inept NCAA would come down on that.

I think you're stuck in 2005. The only person we answer to is Sankey.

Depaul is 3-26. They're not NIL powers whatsoever. Ted Lasso could win three times as many games there with a third of OU's NIL budget. Depaul's attendance in a good year is a fraction of OU's in a bad year. If Moser thinks this job has potential, then he's as dumb as Wichita thinks he is.
DePaul has money and apparently they’re now willing to spend it. DePaul was a powerhouse at one time because Chicago has a ton of bball talent. If DePaul is finally willing to spend the money, a good coach could win there. DePaul is right in Mosers sweet spot.

Depaul is 3-26. They're not NIL powers whatsoever. Ted Lasso could win three times as many games there with a third of OU's NIL budget. Depaul's attendance in a good year is a fraction of OU's in a bad year. If Moser thinks this job has potential, then he's as dumb as Wichita thinks he is.
He's old enough to remember Ray Meyer, Mark Aguirre, Terry Cummings, and the DePaul tradition he grew up with. He'd love the idea of bringing them back, or at least having a nice life in Chicago trying.

DePaul has money and apparently they’re now willing to spend it. DePaul was a powerhouse at one time because Chicago has a ton of bball talent. If DePaul is finally willing to spend the money, a good coach could win there. DePaul is right in Mosers sweet spot.

They make Nebraska football dominance seem modern. They have been to two NCAA tournaments since 1992 and zero in the last 20 years. I'm not going to pretend to be a DePaul expert, as they haven't been relevant enough to even spend 5 minutes thinking about in the past 20 years until this rumor started. If they're willing to go big on NIL, then why are they 3-23? Did something change a few months ago? If they're just now figuring out about NIL, then I can't help but think their administration is woefully unprepared.

They make Nebraska football dominance seem modern. They have been to two NCAA tournaments since 1992 and zero in the last 20 years. I'm not going to pretend to be a DePaul expert, as they haven't been relevant enough to even spend 5 minutes thinking about in the past 20 years until this rumor started. If they're willing to go big on NIL, then why are they 3-23? Did something change a few months ago? If they're just now figuring out about NIL, then I can't help but think their administration is woefully unprepared.
guessing this year was the final straw and decided to go all in after sucking for so long. rutgers and missouri have top 5 classes. they see that maybe and think they can do it too since they only have to pour money into one sport. and there has to be some high money donors who want to see their program back to the glory days. it’s not working at georgetown yet, but i get the path depaul is taking. apparently.

guessing this year was the final straw and decided to go all in after sucking for so long. rutgers and missouri have top 5 classes. they see that maybe and think they can do it too since they only have to pour money into one sport. and there has to be some high money donors who want to see their program back to the glory days. it’s not working at georgetown yet, but i get the path depaul is taking. apparently.
This is all hilarious and awesome. Depaul the lords of college basketball. Please get the full $6 mill and get pm outta here asap

Newsflash to DePaul. Moser ain’t it.

Newsflash to DePaul. Moser ain’t it.
maybe not real similar, but i kinda get the feeling that what is happening there is what happened with kruger and joe c. moser says no or the contract talks fall apart, depaul tries to look elsewhere (lord knows they’ve tried), are unsuccessful and decide to circle back to moser hash out whatever hangups there were. just another guess on my part. at least it’s not happening on the eve of the biggest game of the season. so nothing to worry about.

I just hope we get the full $6 million dollar buyout and we can use that to buy the next coach and some good players too.

Not how buyouts work. Can’t use school funds on players.

If some of you on here think that university's aren't laundering their money through NIL to pay players, I've got a college basketball gold mine in Chicago to sell you. It was done ad nauseum under the table for decades when the NCAA had some teeth. And if their not paying, they will be, soon.

It's a long watch, but this video is a look behind the curtain of what is now and what is coming.

I think moser has done a good job and to this point has us going in the right direction. If he can keep and retain the kids that can come back I think we will be pretty good with any individual improvement in the returning players. The progress and direction are fine for me. Don’t know if moser likes Oklahoma but ou is a better job than depaul by a mile. Wooden would have some people on message boards calling for his head for losing a game after winning 88 in a row. Just the way it is

I think moser has done a good job and to this point has us going in the right direction. If he can keep and retain the kids that can come back I think we will be pretty good with any individual improvement in the returning players. The progress and direction are fine for me. Don’t know if moser likes Oklahoma but ou is a better job than depaul by a mile. Wooden would have some people on message boards calling for his head for losing a game after winning 88 in a row. Just the way it is
Which players have developed under him thus far to make you think that would happen going forward? And what in his history at OU makes you think he will be able to retain guys if he stays? The man has lost at least four returning starters to the portal over the past two offseasons. If guys like that leave, why would we have any confidence that the current guys will stay, especially with news already out that Los is a transfer candidate? And Cooper … I mean, 90 percent of kids in his situation would probably leave.

If some of you on here think that university's aren't laundering their money through NIL to pay players, I've got a college basketball gold mine in Chicago to sell you. It was done ad nauseum under the table for decades when the NCAA had some teeth. And if their not paying, they will be, soon.

It's a long watch, but this video is a look behind the curtain of what is now and what is coming.

They aren't.

You realize those schools undergo audits, right? Audits that are tracing the spending of dollars?

The most a school can do is tell a donor we (the school) don't need your money, give it here (a collective, etc) instead.

Some of ya'll need to stop believing everything you read on the internet.

but very much can use it on coaches salary and tell the donors to put their money to players instead ..
$6M is chump change to a school like OU. No way it changes anything within the athletic program in terms of decision making around hiring coaches or directing donor money.

OU's financial statements are available to the public. Wouldn't kill some of ya'll to check them out.

$6M is chump change to a school like OU. No way it changes anything within the athletic program in terms of decision making around hiring coaches or directing donor money.

OU's financial statements are available to the public. Wouldn't kill some of ya'll to check them out.
3% of the budget is much more the "chump change"

I'm just on the complete other side. We're losing our starting center (likely), our best player who came off the bench most of the season, another bench guard that played/contributed a bunch (Darthard), and we're heard transfer rumors about Uzan. We also don't know what JM plans to do.

Cooper wasn't good enough to even play this year, what is the true expectation of him next year?

Cooper wasn't good enough to even play this year, what is the true expectation of the two freshman we have coming in next year?

Can we really expect much from Cole next year?

Is Hugely going to be the starting the 5?

Is Oweh going to get better?

I'm guessing we're going to end up needing 3-5 players from the Portal if Moser stays. At least 2 of them will likely need to be able to be part of our top 5-7 players.

Seems like every year we're using the Portal to patch the rotation together. At some point, that can't be the case and we need to see development/usage of these so-called talented recruits.

Which players have developed under him thus far to make you think that would happen going forward?
I mean, this is a "how do you choose to view the stats" to affect your argument answer I am about to give.

Moore/Soares are having their best seasons, career wise.

Los and Oweh are having better seasons than their FRESH, but Oweh is clearly struggling and Los isn't where we wanted him to be.

Hugley IV has been a wash from the previous year and not close to his best Soph year.

You could say LeTre took a big step back, but I think we all didnt expect those numbers from him going into heavy competition.

Javian has struggled in Big12 play, but I would say from Siena to here he has been even, no more no less from his previous year.

Godwin has taken a big step forward, but that could also be because of his minutes increase.

Luke is playing better than his redshirt year, :p

Sucks Cooper isn't getting playing time.

I think you can slice it to fit your narrative. To say he hasn't developed any players would be false. To say he hasn't gotten the full potential out of his HS recruits would be more accurate. Maybe we just stick to P5 transfers and get them one or two good years before they bounce? Who knows. Seems to be 50/50 on the development front, all things considered.

Back