Future of Moser

Like what? Football rules the school and even it only got a partial renovation. There is still A LOT that could be done to our football facilities.

Softball got a new field, but they are a historically good program and Loves paid for a lot of it.

Basketball has gotten a bunch of upgrades to the practice facilities. People never want to talk about that.
Softball has had two brand new facilities built from scratch in the last 30 years

They aren't.

You realize those schools undergo audits, right? Audits that are tracing the spending of dollars?

The most a school can do is tell a donor we (the school) don't need your money, give it here (a collective, etc) instead.

Some of ya'll need to stop believing everything you read on the internet.
Some of ya'll need to use critical thinking. Who's auditing? The NCAA? "Laundering" cleans the process. The rules are faster and looser than they've ever been. The NCAA couldn't keep up then, they certainly can't keep up now. However, if you're right, it doesn't matter. More changes are coming. Dartmouth mens basketball is getting ready to unionize.

I think basketball at OU is a show me sport. Sadly, all sports outside of football are show me sports. Meaning, if they win, the money comes in. That’s what happened in softball. Women's bball won the Big12 twice and now there’s reports of NIL funds coming in for them.

Unfortunately, there’s a chicken and egg argument for men’s bball. It’s hard to win without investment and we can’t get the necessary investment unless we start winning. Half measures aren’t enough and we need to find coaches that know how to win in spite of this environment.

Some of ya'll need to use critical thinking. Who's auditing? The NCAA? "Laundering" cleans the process. The rules are faster and looser than they've ever been. The NCAA couldn't keep up then, they certainly can't keep up now. However, if you're right, it doesn't matter. More changes are coming. Dartmouth mens basketball is getting ready to unionize.
LMAO

Public accounting firms. Every public university gets audited. I imagine most of the private ones do too.

There are literally audits of NIL now performed, again, by public accounting firms with no ties to the NCAA.

Might want to sit this one out.

LMAO

Public accounting firms. Every public university gets audited. I imagine most of the private ones do too.

There are literally audits of NIL now performed, again, by public accounting firms with no ties to the NCAA.

Whatevs homey. It's happening. But you do you.

that was before he was named HC in waiting ..

Also before the actual HC signed a 6 year extension. Kellen has been HCIW since like 2020, just with fewer assurances. I'm not saying he'd take it, but he'd certainly be interested, and I'd like our chances if we chose to go that direction. Having said that, I'd prefer to go in a different direction.

I think basketball at OU is a show me sport. Sadly, all sports outside of football are show me sports. Meaning, if they win, the money comes in. That’s what happened in softball. Women's bball won the Big12 twice and now there’s reports of NIL funds coming in for them.

All sports are show me sports. Football just happens to always show.

Also before the actual HC signed a 6 year extension. Kellen has been HCIW since like 2020, just with fewer assurances. I'm not saying he'd take it, but he'd certainly be interested, and I'd like our chances if we chose to go that direction. Having said that, I'd prefer to go in a different direction.
i had forgotten it was that long ago .. good catch .. he was named that in 2019 https://www.chron.com/sports/cougar...en-Sampson-head-coach-in-waiting-13741616.php

LMAO

The ncaa is not a serious player in the future of revenue sports. If ou wanted to direct its AD funds directly to pay for recruits, the ncaa wouldn’t be able to do anything.

The ncaa is not a serious player in the future of revenue sports. If ou wanted to direct its AD funds directly to pay for recruits, the ncaa wouldn’t be able to do anything.
If that were true, if the NCAA had NO teeth whatsoever, schools would already be doing stuff like that.

It's happening on a very, very small scale, but nothing like schools using school funds to outright pay for NIL.

You live in ok and see Chicago on the news
Also depends very much upon which news source you rely on. I've seen it with my own city--certain news networks have portrayed it as a hellhole at certain times over the past few years to push their political agendas. NYC is the one of the safest big cities in the country but you'd never know it--in fact, you'd be convinced of the opposite--if you relied on certain news networks for your info.

Softball has had two brand new facilities built from scratch in the last 30 years
They were playing in a freaking city park before that and they've won seven national titles. And as was pointed out above, a very rich person paid for most of the new stadium.

Idk how you could say no thanks to another Sampson roaming the OU sideline in an easier conference. We’d be so lucky.

Back