Future of Moser

I really wouldn't be sad to see him go but then the question becomes, who can you bring in that's better?

if it comes to that, I am still hopeful Joe C can find another good to very good coach. Retention of very good coach is always what worries me the most at ou basketball.

he is the coach in waiting for his dad at houston
There is little doubt we could get him if we want him -- he wouldn't pass up a P5 job at his alma mater just to stick around who knows how long waiting for his dad to retire. But I am less enthused than most at the prospect of hiring someone just because they have OU ties and/or their dad is a HOF quality coach.

In any case, even for me, it's too early to speculate on names for potential replacements. Finish this season, see if the team surprises many of us by pulling things back together, and if not, hopefully move on and see who is available and interested.

Just because you like another job doesn’t mean you aren’t giving your all. They are offering 2026 kids daily.

Everyone has a “home” Roy left Ku for unc.

He’s not a foot out the door guy.
Yes. You knew Roy was leaving when they didn’t invite people to finally fill up the football stadium again to hear his decision. KU fans are mindless robots.

This is a silly argument. Tryign to drum up attention, something that has been lacking for years, is now a bad thing and taking away from game prep?
Yes. After we play KSU tonight Tang is going to go sit in the stands with the students for the fight song or whatever it is. He does it every home game and he’s doing pretty good there.

I think we make the Tourney and Moser is here next year. If we can keep Los, McCollum, Moore and Hugley I think the team will be much better. With Cooper, Cole and Atak the bench has a potential to be better as well. We'll see if PM can bring in an impact transfer with the open ship. We'll miss Soares.

I think we make the Tourney and Moser is here next year. If we can keep Los, McCollum, Moore and Hugley I think the team will be much better. With Cooper, Cole and Atak the bench has a potential to be better as well. We'll see if PM can bring in an impact transfer with the open ship. We'll miss Soares.

Javian is gone IMO.

We are 16-5 in year 3 of the Moser era. OU would be complete morons to get rid of Moser. Moser was totally screwed by COVID when he was hired. He literally had to recruit to a new school completely over zoom. OU is lucky to have Moser.

I don’t get the Kellen Sampson stuff. What has he done to show he’s a good power 5 head coach?

Javian is gone IMO.
I just can't see it. He's good, but I can't find any draft projects for him. You think he'll leave to sign with the G League? He probably makes more at OU in NIL.

We are 16-5 in year 3 of the Moser era. OU would be complete morons to get rid of Moser. Moser was totally screwed by COVID when he was hired. He literally had to recruit to a new school completely over zoom. OU is lucky to have Moser.

I don’t get the Kellen Sampson stuff. What has he done to show he’s a good power 5 head coach?

That is more good perspective. I provided some stats in a different thread that showed Moser has a comparable resume to this point to Kruger at the same. I have been very impressed with his high school recruiting, as well.

Last week hurt. Bad week to play poorly. The big12 is such a meat grinder that it is going to do that to even very good teams. Hopefully we can string together some more wins.

Kellen is a good person and assistant coach. Hopefully he gets a shot somewhere but he does not have the resume for ou.

I just can't see it. He's good, but I can't find any draft projects for him. You think he'll leave to sign with the G League? He probably makes more at OU in NIL.
I guess it just depends if he would rather stay in school or play in the G League or overseas. There is zero chance he is drafted. I would love to have him back. He is limited by his size, but is obviously a very nice college player.

It really was bad luck for the poor guy that Oklahoma, and only Oklahoma, experienced a major health crisis and wasn’t allowed to recruit in person.

What is this wanting out of Norman crap? Didn't someone earlier say(maybe Coachtalk?) he was pursuing other jobs or something in the off season? If it's true, how in the world can it be expected that he is giving it his all in recruiting or really anything else? That's not fair to the players, the fans, or anyone. I mean who knows if it's true, but if it is, it's ridiculous. Get his * out of here.
I think he’s referencing to the fact that he’s Catholic and from Chicago. If DePaul is the best Midwest Catholic job you can find, that’s not good. That’s a big downgrade from OU.

I don't mean to be negative about hiring Kellen Sampson, but his dad's coaching tree hasn't been impressive. I haven't been following Houston as closely, so perhaps it has improved. Still, assistants like Ray Lopes, Jason Rabedeaux, Jimmy Tubbs and Travis Steele (Indiana) don't exactly make me clamor for a Kelvin assistant to be hired at OU.

Last couple years the roster just wasn't good. That is not the case now. The Big 12 is just a beast. If you get out of conference play with at least 7 wins that's good. 8-10+ wins would be great. We are halfway there at 4 right now.

Back