Future of Moser

I don’t think anyone was saying fire moser. There was speculation about him maybe looking around. Then Kellen Sampson’s name was brought up (no). I believe coach mentioned DePaul. I pointed out that Moser had deep Catholic Chicago roots. This whole thread is speculation on a message board, which is what people do on a message board.

So, no need to get riled up over speculation and discussion.

If we would have shot better FTs against tech, we would have the same conference record as kansas while playing a harder conference schedule so far
Well, KU could also point out that if two of their opponents hadn’t caught fire from 3, they would be 7-1. Every team can play this game. Our record is our record. And even with all the missed FTs, we beat Tech easily if we play even decent defense.

Well, KU could also point out that if two of their opponents hadn’t caught fire from 3, they would be 7-1. Every team can play this game. Our record is our record. And even with all the missed FTs, we beat Tech easily if we play even decent defense.
If TCU didnt get homered at phog on the hunter foul... we have the same record...

How is Javian not a flagrant foul?

If TCU didnt get homered at phog on the hunter foul... we have the same record...

How is Javian not a flagrant foul?
Toby said he heard the ref tell Moser that the KSU guy had already been fouled (as an explanation of why the elbow to the face didn't constitute a flagrant 1). Just nonsensical. Those inadvertent flagrant fouls are called so inconsistently. The only consistent thing I've seen about them is that OU rarely, if ever, gets one called (or not called) in its favor.

He may get there, but his body is a year away.

That Rashad Phillips guy is hack after his takes on Luka. No one should take him seriously.

disagree... cant be 100 all the time. I dont know what he said about luka.. but a lot of folks doubted luka

I don't see it. Atleast not after this year.
He should be taking over games if he is an nba first rounder

Nos one believe ray about Trae. Now he’s max.

Phillip’s has a proven track record. NBA spacing makes him elite.

No believed me about Austin reaves. And that’s ok. I’ve been wrong PLENTY OF TIMES!

I don’t think anyone was saying fire moser.

It's wild how quickly the tide turns from the results of just one game. At least half the board wanted him out after the 1 point loss to Tech.

Now people want to see it play out. I'm sure if we lose at UCF, this board will once again be saying to get rid of him. We can always count on overreactions.

If he were a few inches taller, he'd be a lotto pick. I'm not convinced he can defend any position in the NBA. I think he could grow into a role where he plays 10-15 minutes off the bench for instant offense. I don't see him as a starter, and I'm not even sure he becomes an every day bench guy unless he finds the perfect scenario. If he finishes the season well, I could see a team taking him with a late second round flyer. Each year is different, but I've seen better PGs with more size like Monte Morris not get picked in the first round.

To me Javian is a 40-50 pick. Not a first rounder, but still going to be drafted. Probably a 2-way guy his first year.

If guards like Sherfield and Harmon can make the G league he certainly can. But I think another year would do him a lot of good! Maybe OU can put together an “NIL” package that keeps him around.

To me Javian is a 40-50 pick. Not a first rounder, but still going to be drafted. Probably a 2-way guy his first year.
He is not going to be drafted. Again, I’d challenge anyone on this board to find a reputable mock, not some random fan site or Twitter scoring, that has him being drafted.

And for those who think another year will help his draft stock: how? The things that hold him back are height and size. Is he going to get taller? Will he put on 25-30 lbs of muscle? We saw last night that he can barely dunk, so he isn’t an explosive athlete. There are almost no guys his size who have NBA careers. Those who do have an absolute elite skill (passing or shooting).

I love JM. He is a very good college guard and I’m so glad we have him. But he isn’t even going to be first team all league, and maybe not second team. He has struggled quite a bit since conference play started. He isn’t one of 10 finalists for the Cousy. There are probably 20-30 foreign players who will be drafted. So he will be one of the top 30 college prospects despite his obvious limitations?

I wish we could just enjoy our good college players without hyping them all as pros. Hell, the one pro we have had recently is Reaves, and most of the board overlooked his obvious attributes because they didn’t like his style of play.

If JM goes off and averages 25 and 8 the rest of the way and proves me on, first off, feel free to mock me forever. And second, I’d be happy to be wrong.

Nos one believe ray about Trae. Now he’s max.

Phillip’s has a proven track record. NBA spacing makes him elite.

No believed me about Austin reaves. And that’s ok. I’ve been wrong PLENTY OF TIMES!
Trae led the nation in scoring and assists as a freshman and was a sensation from day one. Other than size and school, what do they have in common?

He is not going to be drafted. Again, I’d challenge anyone on this board to find a reputable mock, not some random fan site or Twitter scoring, that has him being drafted.

And for those who think another year will help his draft stock: how? The things that hold him back are height and size. Is he going to get taller? Will he put on 25-30 lbs of muscle? We saw last night that he can barely dunk, so he isn’t an explosive athlete. There are almost no guys his size who have NBA careers. Those who do have an absolute elite skill (passing or shooting).

I love JM. He is a very good college guard and I’m so glad we have him. But he isn’t even going to be first team all league, and maybe not second team. He has struggled quite a bit since conference play started. He isn’t one of 10 finalists for the Cousy. There are probably 20-30 foreign players who will be drafted. So he will be one of the top 30 college prospects despite his obvious limitations?

I wish we could just enjoy our good college players without hyping them all as pros. Hell, the one pro we have had recently is Reaves, and most of the board overlooked his obvious attributes because they didn’t like his style of play.

If JM goes off and averages 25 and 8 the rest of the way and proves me on, first off, feel free to mock me forever. And second, I’d be happy to be wrong.

There are several guys in the NBA his size. Tre young being one of them: here is a list. There are too many to list here Players Bios | Stats | NBA.com

My reason for not thinking he will be drafted isn't really his measurables...at least not directly.
He just hasn't been very good against big 12 competition.

i haven’t seen many scouts at games since they came to see devin carter and providence. he needs another year at least. but attributing our turnaround to him is one ignorant f’n tweet.

JM is too small and he’s struggled against the better Big12 teams. He needs to add some weight and strength and play another year in college.

Back