Hannes Polla Interview on OUInsider

AdaSooner

Admin Emeritus
Reaction score
James Hale has an excellent interview with Hannes Polla on the OUInsider board. For those of us who don't know much about this young man, except he's 6' 11" 265, it's a chance to get an in-depth look at what Polla could bring to the team this fall, most of it through his own eyes.

He's definitely not lacking in confidence. He describes himself as [paraphrasing the quote], a low-post player that likes to bang inside. He says he has a variety of low post moves, and that he can score over the left or right shoulder. He also says he grabs a lot of rebounds.

There's a lot more if you have a premium membership. Here's the link:

http://oklahoma.247sports.com/Artic...ens-Basketball-Trae-Young-Brady-Mane-52133381

James Hale has an excellent interview with Hannes Polla on the OUInsider board. For those of us who don't know much about this young man, except he's 6' 11" 265, it's a chance to get an in-depth look at what Polla could bring to the team this fall, most of it through his own eyes.

He's definitely not lacking in confidence. He describes himself as [paraphrasing the quote], a low-post player that likes to bang inside. He says he has a variety of low post moves, and that he can score over the left or right shoulder. He also says he grabs a lot of rebounds.

There's a lot more if you have a premium membership. Here's the link:

http://oklahoma.247sports.com/Artic...ens-Basketball-Trae-Young-Brady-Mane-52133381

James Hale struggled in the interview. The American slang was difficult for Polla, such as "banging inside".

I didn't hear the interview. My assessment was based entirely on the content and what we learned about Polla.

I'm not surprised JH and HP had a bit of a language barrier. I'll try to find the audio and listen to it.

I mentioned before that I have someone in my family that is close, personal friends with an OU basketball staff member. If I'm told something in confidence then I don't share it. This comment I didn't consider particularly confidential.

I happened upon a conversation they were having about Polla. I listened but never interrupted or asked a question. The staffer commented that they knew they needed to get more physical and bulk in the post, and that Lattin and McNeace wouldn't ever be able to add much bulk. He said they thought Polla could be an 8 ppg 8 rebound a game player. I didn't know if he meant soon or eventually. Said he really impressed the staff in his workout. He's a true low post player that can't be pushed around.

I read Polla's interview with James Hale. I loved his self-confidence in his game both offensively and defensively.

The staffer commented that they knew they needed to get more physical and bulk in the post, and that Lattin and McNeace wouldn't ever be able to add much bulk. He said they thought Polla could be an 8 ppg 8 rebound a game player. I didn't know if he meant soon or eventually. Said he really impressed the staff in his workout. He's a true low post player that can't be pushed around.

I read Polla's interview with James Hale. I loved his self-confidence in his game both offensively and defensively.

It is by far what they need ... a tree to play around. Really looking forward to November.

Back