Harris Could decide after in-home visits >>> Zagsblog.com

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
Doesn't sound too promising for OU imo....

---------------------------------

Source Link

Tobias Harris could make a college decision after his home visits conclude and without taking any officials.

The 6-foot-8 Harris, out of Dix Hills (N.Y.) Half Hollow Hills West, has a list of 11 in-home visits slated for Sept. 9-16.

“We already visited all these schools,” Torrel Harris, Tobias’ dad, said Sunday by phone. “We as a family, if we feel extremely comfortable with a particular school, after the home visits we may make a a decision.

“We already know all the schools.”

Harris, the No. 5 player in the Class of 2010, lists Kentucky, Georgia Tech, Syracuse, Notre Dame, UConn, Louisville, St. John’s, Tennessee, Oklahoma, West Virginia and Maryland.

Torrel insists there are “no favorites,” but said the family wants a school that will emphasize the “point forward” position.

He mentioned Louisville, UConn, West Virginia, Tennessee and Maryland as several programs that do that.

Louisville coach Rick Pitino is known for using point forwards, like Earl Clark, who went to the NBA in this year’s draft.

“We like Louisville,” Torrel said. “Rick Pitino’s a great coach and he trains point forwards. He has experience, a track record of point forwards.”

Torrel said Pitino’s sexual involvement with Karen Sypher, who is facing an upcoming federal extortion trial, would not impact their decision.

“That’s his personal life, it ain’t got nothing to do with me,” Torrel said.

“The only concern we have is what happens if there’s so much pressure if he’s forced to resign. But from all indications that’s not gonna happen. If he’s there, we’re going there to be coached by a guy who is an expert on training point forwards.”

Torrel also mentioned that UConn, West Virginia, Maryland and Tennessee all had such experience.

UConn has produced Rudy Gay and Caron Butler.

“Theyr’e good, just like [UConn] Coach [Jim] Calhoun’s good, too,” he said.

“Bruce Pearl [of] Tennessee, he works with point forwards, Bobby Huggins works with point forwards. Maryland worked with Walt Williams. Paul Hewitt, everybody’s got something.”

He added: “It’s going to come down to what school is going to be honest about letting Tobias be a point forward. Don’t be surprised if a decision may be made after the home visits.”

Not even a mention of OU beyond the list of schools he is interested in? I agree, that doesn't look too good.

It would be a very big - and nice - shock if he were to choose OU in the end, but I won't hold my breath.

If he comes, great. If not, I wish him luck wherever he goes.

Back