If you could choose the next commit would would it be?

luckyc1423

Reaction score
If you could decide the next commit who do you want the most?

I really really want jones to commit more than everyone including barnes....I just think that Jones will fit perfect in the system we want to run and will be perfect along sign gallon if he stays...With him in the lineup we will have a true up and down team but can also post up with gallon

1) tmg
2) pledger
3) clark
4) jones
5) gallon

Teams would have serious matchup problems....Gallon can post up smaller playeres but if the guy guarding him is to big he can take him out and pop the three....jones will be a tough one to guard....pledger will spread the floor for everyone

Cool, what makes you think that way? I am just curious....
Barnes is prob the best player we could get but I think we need jones more....Clark is an amazing player and in some ways he and barnes do some of the same things (although they could still play with each other and be in the same starting lineup and be amazing together)....I just think jones will give our lineup more options because i believe barnes game is similiar to clark...
If we had jones we would have tmg which is a true point, pledger which is a true shoot, clark which is a real good small forward, jones which is a small forward that can easily play the power forward and fit into our system perfectly, and gallon which may be a 4 but fits perfectly at the 5 for us

Cool, what makes you think that way? I am just curious....
Barnes is prob the best player we could get but I think we need jones more....Clark is an amazing player and in some ways he and barnes do some of the same things (although they could still play with each other and be in the same starting lineup and be amazing together)....I just think jones will give our lineup more options because i believe barnes game is similiar to clark...
If we had jones we would have tmg which is a true point, pledger which is a true shoot, clark which is a real good small forward, jones which is a small forward that can easily play the power forward and fit into our system perfectly, and gallon which may be a 4 but fits perfectly at the 5 for us

From all reports Clark and Barnes aren't even close to the same player. You always take the best player possible and let the lineup play itself out. Heck, you could even play Barnes at the 4 in college and Clark at the 3. That would be a freaking sick lineup.

good point grace...you are probably right I just really like jones...but who couldnt like barnes....I would LOVE either one but my pick would def have to be jones with our current lineup

I think Barnes is just a level above most of the other guys...He just really is an elite talent. I think its a little bit of a trap to just look strictly at positions and valuing players based on how they slot into spots. I understand what you are saying, but if you can get a guy that can have an impact like Barnes can have, I think that has to come before a guy that fits more traditionally into your lineup.

That said, I think the point that validates your choice of Jones is probably that Jones is much less likely to be a one-and-done than Barnes is. Getting 2-4 years out of Jones vs. getting 1-2 years out of Barnes makes it a much tougher call.

I honestly don't know how to choose between the two...Its like choosing one makes it sound like I wouldn't fall all over myself to get the other one. I will do something absurd to celebrate if we land either one (heaven help me if we get both of them), so I'll take the boring route and say I'll take either of them. For that matter, McCallum, Lamb, Zeigler or Smith really fall into the same category.

Barnes would help the PROGRAM by leaps and bounds, not just the team.

I would take Jones. I want to build the best team possible to win in 2010-2011-2012. Jones is a stud and fills a need.

Barnes is bigtime but may be more likely to be one and done.

I would say for the "even" functionality of the class I would like to see us get Lamb. I think the kid is the next Tyreke Evans.

Harrison Barnes would be the obvious choice for me. He is the recruit I have wanted from the beginning, but didn't know if we had a real chance to land. Now that we are in the race with the big horses, I want to win.

Barnes would help the PROGRAM by leaps and bounds, not just the team.

Yep, to get Blake Griffin and then sign Harrison Barnes would be huge. In that scenario OU ends up with 3 lotto picks in 3 years. Would be crazy.

I'm not smart or foresighted enough to give an intelligent answer to that question, so I'll answer it this way and in no particular order of importance:

Jones, due to his versatility. It's not often you get a chance to sign a player with his athleticism and size who can play three positions. If OU can lure him away from the west coast schools, I see that as a major coup.

Barnes, because he would do so much to elevate the program even higher on a national scale, much like Blake and Willie did. Who cares if he only plays for one season?

Lamb, because he would give us another scoring guard who can play the one or the two. OU will need a backup at the point next year, and I have my doubts if we will be able to sign a high-profile "true" point guard with TMG on our roster. With WW likely gone after this year, a versatile combo guard like Lamb in 2010 is a must.

Josh Smith. Nothing is as valuable in basketball as a really good big. Everything else is just rationalization. After a big, the next most valuable player is a point guard, so I say that after Smith, I would go with Lamb or McCallum. Just my way of thinking.

Back