19. Mississippi State 0-0 149
20. Georgia Tech 0-0 136
21. Georgetown 0-0 134
22. Dayton 0-0 130
23. Louisville 0-0 123
24. Clemson 0-0 114
25. Syracuse 0-0 111

Others Receiving Votes
Maryland 100, Illinois 83, Siena 72, UCLA 59, Vanderbilt 38, Oklahoma State 29, Missouri 28, Xavier 25, Gonzaga 24, Notre Dame 22, USC 22, Pittsburgh 19, Tulsa 17, Kansas State 16, Brigham Young 16, Florida State 15, Florida 13, Wake Forest 13, San Diego State 8, Creighton 7, Boston College 4, Texas A&M 4, Southern Illinois 3, Utah State 3, Cornell 3, Memphis 3, Mississippi 3, UNLV 2, South Carolina 1, Northern Iowa 1.

Man, only three Big 12 teams in there. But Okie State, Missouri and A&M are knocking on the door. And how the hell did North Carolina get a first place vote? What coach could possibly think that team is better than Kansas?

Where's Baylor???

I think No. 10 is a misprint and is probably meant to be Baylor.

Last edited:
I really like Bruce Pearl, but you have to be kidding me with at #11 ranking...they looked inept last year in a struggling conference

I'm sure you are taking a jab at Butler, but they are actually supposed to be loaded this year...the Mid Major to watch...

I believe he was taking a crack at DFW and his extreme optimism towards Baylor.

Actually Baylor is ranked 4th in the NBA Western Conference. You'd have to be with the next Tim Duncan (Udoh).

Tennessee is too high. As much crap as I give DFW, I am really surprised Baylor didn't receive any votes.

K-State is really underappreaciated in the initial poll. Wally Judge is legit. They have a really salty backcourt with Pullen and Clemente (who is fully capable of going hibachi). They will finish 3rd or 4th in the Big XII.

you all are a bunch of regular comedians!! I just took in a Baylor practice yesterday and you boys won't have to shed many tears for the Bears. It is far and away the most talented roster ever in Waco. You boys will see soon enough- just remember those pre-season ranking gurus as you watch the season unfold.

Sell short: OU, A&M and OSU

Buy long: Iowa State and Baylor

you all are a bunch of regular comedians!! I just took in a Baylor practice yesterday and you boys won't have to shed many tears for the Bears. It is far and away the most talented roster ever in Waco. You boys will see soon enough- just remember those pre-season ranking gurus as you watch the season unfold.

Sell short: OU, A&M and OSU

Buy long: Iowa State and Baylor

Why are you selling OU short? We have the same favorable North schedule as you do and have 3 McDonald's All Americans. Its not like we were ranked in the top 10. Not understanding your logic on that one....

Enlighten me

Why are you selling OU short? We have the same favorable North schedule as you do and have 3 McDonald's All Americans. Its not like we were ranked in the top 10. Not understanding your logic on that one....

Enlighten me

We don't have the nightmare though. But do you think Capel's ability to actually coach might help make up that difference?

Is Cal going to that good this year? I guess if they are 1 of only 2 Pac-10 teams in the top 25 they won't have to be great to win that conference, but Washington should be pretty salty this year.

Enlighten me

I think OU is going to be good. I think they will probably finish in the top half of the conference. I don't think they will be a consistent top 20 team.

Crocker and Willie Warren are proven division 1 commodities. I would expect both of those guys to have great seasons. Gallon and TMG are probably going to have good freshmen years but freshmen are freshmen. They make mistakes. It usually takes talented guys a year to get used to the grind of a major conference schedule.

I may be totally wrong but I see OU as having two big question marks:

1. Will the inside play be good enough to get OU to a top 4 conference finish? A follow-up question, will Tiny be able to give great defensive effort on a consistent basis?

2. Will Warren be mature enough for a full season to lead this team? There is tremendous hype on him going into the season. He's an emotional player which is good and bad. I think Blake kept him focused on team goals last year and kept him on the rails. This year with all of the hype and all of the pre-season accolades, is he mature enough to keep it all in perspective and prepare mentally and physically for every single team that OU plays making it priority #1 to get him off his game?

I think OU is going to be good. I think they will probably finish in the top half of the conference. I don't think they will be a consistent top 20 team.

Crocker and Willie Warren are proven division 1 commodities. I would expect both of those guys to have great seasons. Gallon and TMG are probably going to have good freshmen years but freshmen are freshmen. They make mistakes. It usually takes talented guys a year to get used to the grind of a major conference schedule.

I may be totally wrong but I see OU as having two big question marks:

1. Will the inside play be good enough to get OU to a top 4 conference finish? A follow-up question, will Tiny be able to give great defensive effort on a consistent basis?

2. Will Warren be mature enough for a full season to lead this team? There is tremendous hype on him going into the season. He's an emotional player which is good and bad. I think Blake kept him focused on team goals last year and kept him on the rails. This year with all of the hype and all of the pre-season accolades, is he mature enough to keep it all in perspective and prepare mentally and physically for every single team that OU plays making it priority #1 to get him off his game?

A week ago you had OU 4th. What's changed? I have watched the team play twice during that timespan and feel even better about OU as the #3 team due to how polished TMG has looked and the fact that Fitzgerald has lost a little weight and doesn't look lost out there.

BTW, if we finish 4th in league like you picked us, the we will certainly be in the top 20. You are selling short the Big 12 if you don't believe that. The Big 12 will be the #1 or #2 league in the country this year. We are a legit league top to bottom this year and it will show in the nonconference season.

DFW's pick'em

Levels- different than SoonerSpiff. I think there is much more parity 3-9.

1. Kansas
2. Texas

---------------------

3. KSU
4. OU
5. Baylor
6. Missouri
7. OSU
8. Iowa St
9. A&M

----------------------

10. Tech
11. Colorado
12. Nebraska

OSU and A&M I rank below Baylor and OU only because they go to Manhattan, Ames and Columbia. Whereas Baylor and OU have KSt, Iowa St and Missouri at home. Huge scheduling advantage for OU and Baylor. I think those 4 teams in the South are pretty equal but the schedule will make the difference.

KSt will probably be a little better than Iowa State and Missouri if Curtis Kelly can give them something and Wally Judge is a difference maker.

Back