Interesting quote from Capel....

Capel is trying to take the pressure off a very young team. It's hard for any team to live up to fans expectations, much less a young one. Smart move

I see nothing ominous in that quote; seems like at some point he said the same thing last season. It is something that a coach says after his team just got jumped by a mid-major at their house.

What I cannot understand is how more fans could not see the VCU game for the trap that it was? It is the kind of game that happens over and over again every week this time of year. Would I have preferred to see WWIII exhibit more positive leadership? Yep. But other than a "loss", that was the only negative I saw.

It is one game November...I'll be more concerned if we do not build off it.

Too busy to read all of this, but here are my two cents.

We are a young team that doesn't understand effort and intensity. These guys come from teams where they could just turn in on the last ten minutes and win by 15. Now they are realizing that even at VCU, the players were top-notch players in high-school. It is just a learning process.

If this game was 10 games into the season, I would be worried. But it is only the third game and the only game that was truly a test on paper. It is hard for Capel to convince the freshman of how hard it is going to be when they show up day one and look brillant. Now he has their attention.

His comment was just that. It was a, "See guys, I've been telling you every day that you aren't that much better than a lot of teams. If you work hard, we can get there. But if you are satisfied, you better be satisfied with only winning 19-21 games."

Ada no deals have to made at all. I only ask two things. Stop the negativity and let the season play out. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!:OUbball-logo:

I will end the bet with you, if that will help.

No need to end the bet. We will keep it friendly.

I am going to win the bet, by the way.

Back