Is Cade Davis more than a role player?

Is Cade Davis more than a role player?

On this team, yes. The light went on for Cade and he is an offensive threat. Same thing happened for TMG, lot of people wrote him off as a PG early in the season cause of some silly decision making. Without Cade and TMG we are sitting as 12th spot in the standings. Those two aren't just role players...

20 points, 10 rebounds against Texas.
13 points, 1 rebound against Nebraska (only player in double figures).
24 points, 3 rebounds against Iowa State.
9 points, 7 rebounds at A&M.
15 points, 11 rebounds against Mizzou.
9 points, 4 rebounds against OSU.

Those look more like "primary" player numbers than role player numbers to me. Plus the guy is OU's best defender.

He got a lot better this year, which bodes well for the rest of the season and especially next season.

When he came to OU my impression was that he was a creative player that took it to the rim and scored a lot of points. At OU it seemed like he was initially limited to shooting 3 point shots off screens. I think he is much more than a role player and will be extremely productive next season. I think he will average about 15 next season and that is darn good.

I wouldn't be surprised if TJ gets more minutes then Cam next year! If WW leaves OU will need to replace his ball handling skillz to help TMG.

TMG
TJ/?
CD
TG
?

I don't know anything about Cam or TJ beside what is on you tube, but I would assume TJ has better handles and can guard a D1 guard better than Cam(doesn't Cam play the post in high school?) to start there careers.

Unless Cade falls off the face of the earth, he will be a starter. Next year, he'll be a senior and the with the effort he's put in this year, he will have earned it. This year, esp. the last couple of games, he has really expanded his offensive game and his D has always been solid. I agree with Denver, I see about 15 ppg next year.:cade

No he isn't. He is regarded as a great shooter that played on a great team. He is, or was, a role player, and probably the worst starter on that '88 team.

I think that is a pretty poor way to describe Seiger. He was a role player and the other four starters were better but Seiger was a great defender and money from 3. He routinely put up big numbers and opened things up for King and Grant.

Yeah, he's a role player, but with multiple roles. He is supposed to score, rebound, defend and be a leader. You know, the things he did against the 9th ranked horns, Saturday.

He put up 20 and 10 against a top ten team, but in reality, he is an unathletic, mid-major player. Should have gone to Tulsa.

:rolleyes:

This morning driving to work I listened to Murdoch give the OU practice report on the animal and not once did he mention Cade's performance nor did any of the animals on the morning show. I couldn't beleive it....they talked about TMG, Wright, Warren......and even how awful Tiny was and what a ballhog Jordan Hamilton was, but not one word about Cade.

What more does this kid need to do to be noticed???

I think he's a big key for the remainder of the season......just like TMG.

So a guy goes hunting with his buddy who always criticizes everything he owns.
This time, the first hunter is really pumped because he had bought a dog that could walk on water. All day, they hunt, and every time they kill a duck, the dog runs across the pond and picks it up. The second hunter never says a word. Finally, as they are driving back home the first hunter can't stand it anymore and says, "so, did you notice anything different about my dog?" The second hunter says "yeah, he can't swim".

We have a few of those second hunters on this board.

So a guy goes hunting with his buddy who always criticizes everything he owns.
This time, the first hunter is really pumped because he had bought a dog that could walk on water. All day, they hunt, and every time they kill a duck, the dog runs across the pond and picks it up. The second hunter never says a word. Finally, as they are driving back home the first hunter can't stand it anymore and says, "so, did you notice anything different about my dog?" The second hunter says "yeah, he can't swim".

We have a few of those second hunters on this board.

That sums up a lot of this thread. Why nitpick one of OUR players to death when he's playing damn well, playing damn hard and setting a great example for some of our players who haven't learn to always play hard? I don't get it...

This morning driving to work I listened to Murdoch give the OU practice report on the animal and not once did he mention Cade's performance nor did any of the animals on the morning show. I couldn't beleive it....they talked about TMG, Wright, Warren......and even how awful Tiny was and what a ballhog Jordan Hamilton was, but not one word about Cade.

What more does this kid need to do to be noticed???

I think he's a big key for the remainder of the season......just like TMG.

Murdoch knows very little about basketball so I wouldn't put much stock in what he says. My suggestion would be to call into the sports animal and talk about Caderade!

Back