Is the Great Alaskan Shootout on TV?

Here is what SoonerSports.com says :

VCU, GREAT ALASKA SHOOTOUT TV INFORMATION
We received some important television information tonight regarding the Sooners' upcoming games at VCU and the Great Alaska Shootout. This Saturday's contest at VCU will be televised on the following Sooner Sports Network affiliates: KAUT Channel 43 and Cox Cable Channel 7 in Oklahoma City, Cox Cable Channel 3 in Tulsa, KXOK Channel 32 in Enid, KSWO Channel 7 in Lawton and Metro Sports in Kansas City. A Mid-Atlantic Sports Network (MASN) production, the telecast is also scheduled to be available to DirecTV (640) and Dish Network (432) customers.

As for the Great Alaska Shootout, some more good news. The University of Alaska Anchorage announced that the tournament's games will be produced and distributed to multiple national and regional television cable outlets. Here's a partial list of OU coverage (for the complete list, click here):

Cox 3 (Tulsa) & Cox 7 (Oklahoma City)
Oklahoma vs. San Diego, Wed., Nov. 25, 12:45 a.m. CST (technically Nov. 26)
Houston vs. Oklahoma, Thurs., Nov. 26, 10:30 p.m. CST

Fox College Sports (National)
Oklahoma vs. San Diego, Wed., Nov. 25, 12:45 a.m. CST (technically Nov. 26)
Houston vs. Oklahoma, Thurs., Nov. 26, 10:30 p.m. CST
Championship game, Sat., Nov. 28, 10 p.m. CST

DIRECTV Sports Pak (National)
All tournament games except Saturday’s fifth-place contest

Dish Network Multi-Sport Pak (National)
All tournament games except Saturday’s fifth-place contest

AT&T U-Verse (National)
Championship game, tape delayed at 9:30 a.m. CST on Sun., Nov. 29

CSS (Houston & Southeast U.S.)
Houston vs Oklahoma, Thurs., Nov. 26, 10:30 p.m.

Metro Sports (Kansas City)
All tournament games

looked on the guide for dish and didn't see it listed

My DirecTV program guide shows different times for the OU games than those posted above. Here's what the guide shows for the first two games (I'm guessing it is incorrect):

Nov. 25 – Alaska-Anchorage vs. Washington State, 1:30 p.m. (CST) on DTV Channels 640 and 687.

Nov. 26 – OU vs. San Diego State, 9 a.m. (CST) on DTV Channel 640.

The guide also shows that OU will play Houston later that same day (Nov. 26) at 10:30 p.m. (CST) on Channel 640.

Note: To watch the games on these DTV channels, you must subscribe to DTV's Sport Pack (the Regional Sports Channels). The games may also be available on DTV and Dish Network for those who have purchased the ESPN Full Court package.

Found the Houston game on Dish on ch. 432 MASN. Doesn't show our 1st game anywhere yet.

1st game is same channel @ 9 am on the 26th.

1st game is same channel @ 9 am on the 26th.

Yes, that's the same date/time as shown on my DirecTV guide. But my guide also shows that the Sooners will play Houston at 10:30 p.m. on that same date (11/26). Is it possible that OU will play two games on the same day?

Yes, that's the same date/time as shown on my DirecTV guide. But my guide also shows that the Sooners will play Houston at 10:30 p.m. on that same date (11/26). Is it possible that OU will play two games on the same day?
Our time yes, the first game is still going to be on the 25th on Alaska time.

If it's showing at 9 am on your guide, it's being shown on tape-delay. It starts at 12:45 am Central time.

Our time yes, the first game is still going to be on the 25th on Alaska time.

My DirecTV guide shows OU will play San Diego State at 9 a.m. (Oklahoma time) on Thursday, Nov. 26.

It also shows OU will play Houston at 10:30 p.m. (Oklahoma time) on the same date – Nov. 26.

I realize that may be a mistake, but that's what the guide shows.

My DirecTV guide shows OU will play San Diego State at 9 a.m. (Oklahoma time) on Thursday, Nov. 26.

It also shows OU will play Houston at 10:30 p.m. (Oklahoma time) on the same date – Nov. 26.

I realize that may be a mistake, but that's what the guide shows.
You got a tape delay game for San Diego then, tip off it 12:45 AM Oklahoma Time

You got a tape delay game for San Diego then, tip off it 12:45 AM Oklahoma Time

Thanks, soonersam; Wasn't trying to argue, I just wanted to make sure I knew for certain when that first game would start. I'll be up late Wednesday night (Thursday morning) in hopes of watching the OU-SDS game live. But in the event DirecTV doesn't provide live coverage of the game, I'll just have to watch the game on tape delay at 9 a.m.

I have dish and I don't even see channel 432 it shows it on there website as channel 432. Do you have to get a different sports pack for this? I have the gold 250 pack that they offer.

I have dish and I don't even see channel 432 it shows it on there website as channel 432. Do you have to get a different sports pack for this? I have the gold 250 pack that they offer.

If Dish is anything like DirecTV, the Sports Pack is not included in whichever regular programming package you subscribe to. One Regional Sports Network (in my case Fox Sports Southwest) is included with your program package, but if you want to receive all of the regional sports channels, you have to purchase the Sports Pack separately.

I apologize if this is not what you were asking, 1987.

Its on the sports pack. Five dollars extra a month.

I just don't think this game is going to be broadcast live on Drect TV. It doesn't show up on the guide for Fox College Sports (channel 617).

I think I've seen on another thread that there are multiple FCS's. Anyone know?

Not showing up on Comcast(Houston). :( (to clarify it is not showing up on the guide for tomorrow night)

This Alaska tournament used to be a bigger deal and was shown on ESPN in years past right?

Last edited:
I "get" to watch it at 2:45 pm local time. Maybe the only time all season I get to gloat about that sort of thing.

Back