Is this a good matchup for Fitzgerald?

thebigabd

Reaction score
People keep saying he is contributing nothing (2 points and 0 rebounds over the last two games) because they have been bad matchups for him.....

Will this game against San Diego be a good matchup for him? Or should we expect him to barely play?

Capel told reporters recently that he should have played Drew more in the VCU game, and that it was his fault (Capels) for not getting him in there.

If Ryan Wright keep holding his own, and the four guard line-ups keep working, I am not sure how much time Drew is going to get unless Tiny gets into foul trouble.

I am pleased with Ryan right now.

People keep saying he is contributing nothing (2 points and 0 rebounds over the last two games) because they have been bad matchups for him.....

Will this game against San Diego be a good matchup for him? Or should we expect him to barely play?

It's not matchups as much as he's just not ready. He'll be fine. He's a few games into his freshmen year.

"and the four guard line-ups keep working,"

It is?

It's not matchups as much as he's just not ready. He'll be fine. He's a few games into his freshmen year.

Seems to me if you are thin in the post not being ready is a reason to get someone in the game before conference play starts (of course no one would pay me a nickle to coach a basketball team).

Seems to me if you are thin in the post not being ready is a reason to get someone in the game before conference play starts (of course no one would pay me a nickle to coach a basketball team).

Ideally in these early games, yes, but the last two have been too close to justify "learning experiences". Everyone played a lot in the exhibition and the Mt St. Mary's game because the games were out of hand.

Capel told reporters recently that he should have played Drew more in the VCU game, and that it was his fault (Capels) for not getting him in there.If Ryan Wright keep holding his own, and the four guard line-ups keep working, I am not sure how much time Drew is going to get unless Tiny gets into foul trouble.

I am pleased with Ryan right now.

Generally I would say that is coach speak, but in this case, I believe it whole heartedly. When Drew was out there he was good. He moved his feet well on defense. The score dictated the lineup. We were in catch up mode most of the way and perimeter shooting and speeding up possessions were the way to go. If it were more of a half court affair, Big Fitz would have logged in Shane Tunks type minutes.

Back