Is Willie going to have to come back?

stevent11

Reaction score
It's obvious that Willie's draft stock isn't as high as it was a year ago. He's struggled this year, and he's not even in on Nbadraft.net's 2010 mock draft anymore. Do you think that Willie is going to have to come back, to prove to NBA GM's that he is deserving of a first round spot?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zwNUdk5roM[/ame]

I think it is going to come down to a few things.

1. 1. How bad is his ankle injury and will it linger the rest of the year.
  2. 2. His ball handling skills need some work to say the least.
  3. 3. His shot mechanics are not very good and needs some definite work.
  4. 4. Defensively he is just not very good he seems to struggle mightily when it comes to on ball defense and doesn't slide his feet real well to keep his man from dribbling and penetrating into the lane.

Two through four are very coach-able but is Willie coach-able? That is the question. You hear him in post game interviews and press conferences and he says all the right things and sounds extremely intelligent for a 20 year old. I have no freaking clue to what has been going on with him this season.

He will go to the draft workouts (fully healed) and somebody will tell him he is top 20 material and he will go.

He needs to comeback and work on his game.

He still needs a lot of work... but I have seen lesser players turn it up a notch their junoir or senior year.

Would love to have WW back. If he has stopped going to class, he'll definetely be gone.

How's he eligible?
Shows up when there is a test/quiz. My brother "from another mother" (literally) has/had him in 2 classes this semester and last, and he saw him 3-5 times per class over the course of the semester.

Last edited:
Does the bball program not have people like the football program that goes to check to see if these guys are going to class?

Does the bball program not have people like the football program that goes to check to see if these guys are going to class?
I really don't know. Note it's second hand information, but he has no reason to lie.

Yes they have class checkers. That is how Juan Pattillo got busted last year.

Willie lost over 1.5 million by coming back this year. Even if he is a late 1st rounder, he will get 1m+ and a 2 yr guaranteed contract. I don't see him passing up the dough again.

Blake probably made an extra million per year by coming back. I don't think he was passing Rose or Beasley. It might have been his only chance for a while to play for the Thunder though. No way OKC picks Westbrook with the 4th pick if Blake is available.

I think the NCAA eligibilty requirements are slightly different in terms of amount of hours or credits per semester than it is for football. I could be wrong on that though... besides I bet most if not every basketball player in the NCAA shows up only once or twice a semester lol.

They do have class checkers but they also have other resources for class material so it wouldn't be a surprise to me if he doesn't show up for very many classes.

lol my friend is the class checker for both programs. I had class with juan (tennis elective) and the dude didnt do anything. When he did show up, he would just go over in a corner and talk on his cell phone the whole time.

So can anyone confirm whether or not WW is still attending classes?

Back