Let's talk Arkansas

Sooner23

Reaction score
They're 2-3 so far this season with home losses in their last two games to Morgan State and East Tennessee State, and they play South Alabama Sunday at home.

Any guesses on if their suspended players will be back for our game? Even if they don't, Rotnei Clarke, Marshawn Powell and Mike Washington are still three very good players. Clarke is averaging 28 so far this year. I wonder how we're going to try to D him up? :eek:

Last edited:
The good news is that the marginal benefit of guarding him seems to be pretty low, so we aren't really losing out by not guarding him.

This is a matchup of two teams playing about the same right now. Both OU and Arky have issues right now on defense and a lack of leadership.

Should be a good game. I'm glad it's in Norman.

Can anybody tell me when/if these guys are returning to play for Arkansas this year?

1. Courtney Fortson
2. Marcus Britt
3. Michael Sanchez
4. Anthony Borden

Thanks in advance

Not sure about TV, but here's what I've found out about all the missing players from the Hogs.

1. Fortson - should be out for a while longer if he ever returns.
2. Britt - should be back by the OU game
3. Sanchez - is out with injury. Could return at any time. Has already redshirted.

If anybody knows anything else please pass it on.

OU should win this one against a bad Arkansas team at home. In fact, they should win big.

Arkansas has young guys in Powell and Clarke who will be the future. Their PG situation is bad right now though and Michael Washington isn't playing worth a darn.

Can anybody tell me when/if these guys are returning to play for Arkansas this year?

1. Courtney Fortson
2. Marcus Britt
3. Michael Sanchez
4. Anthony Borden

Thanks in advance

1. The word right now is that Fortson is out for at least the first semester, maybe the entire season.

2. Britt was suspended six games to start the season. With today's loss against South Alabama, his suspension is officially over and should be in the lineup against OU.

3. Sanchez is out with plancher fasciitis. Its unknown when he will return.

4. Borden is not with the team. He didn't qualify academically and Pelphrey really decided he wasn't a good fit for the team.

Here in Arkansas, fan support for Pelphrey and the program is at an all time low. We just lost today against South Alabama 74-61, which is the first time since the 50's that we lost three in a row at home. The players are playing uninspired and seem to not be playing for Pelphrey. Right now, my Grandmother could hustle and play better than Michael Washington. I'm not looking forward to our matchup with you guys cause I know were going to get lit up.

Here in Arkansas, fan support for Pelphrey and the program is at an all time low. We just lost today against South Alabama 74-61, which is the first time since the 50's that we lost three in a row at home. The players are playing uninspired and seem to not be playing for Pelphrey. Right now, my Grandmother could hustle and play better than Michael Washington. I'm not looking forward to our matchup with you guys cause I know were going to get lit up.

We are playing really poor as well. I guess somebody has to win this one! :ez-laugh:

Arkansas has really poor PG play, but our perimeter defense is such to where we might give up 40 to Clark. If Clarke and Washington play good games, we have noe chance.

I saw that Sanchez played his first game yesterday and Washington missed the game with a back injury. He got treatment though and should be back soon.

Add that to the fact that Welsh is back and Britt's suspension is over, Arkansas should only be missing one player on Wednesday....Fortson.

Back