McNeace Injury

These are KIDS. We establish this fiction that they are adults at 18 and that isn't even close to being the case. The human male's pre-frontal cortex (pfc) doesn't mature until 26-28 years of age. This means their logic and reasoning control center isn't up and running as it should be and their thoughts/drives are dominated by emotions and memories. Their limbic system dominates over the minimal input of the pfc so adrenaline and hormones play a key component in their actions.

You can rely on little them doing being reliable other than their unreliability.

I think there is something wrong with your medulla oblongata.

If Muni isn't busting his butt to play, that is clearly a problem and something he deserves to be criticized for. But I notice a lot of the anti-Lon crew using this as an example of lack of leadership, discipline, and accountability in the program. To those folks, I would ask -- is it worse than Raymond and Brown getting booted from the program because they wouldn't stop smoking dope? Or guys like Lavender and Foust generally acting like fools and eventually leaving the program? Was the discipline lacking then? If so, does that staff deserve any blame, or is that solely reserved for Lon in this situation?

This is WAY worse in my opinion. There was nothing keeping Muni from playing except his softness and it has to be hurting the team for him to be sitting on the bench while his team is out there battling. I can’t believe coach Kruger has allowed this to happen. This is not high school, this is high level D1 basketball. The difference between those other guys and this situation is that Brown and Raymond didn’t quit on their teams. They smoked dope, LIKE 90% OF COLLEGE BASKETBALL PLAYERS (at least the ones I knew when
I was in college). Lavender was a soft whiner and guess what, he was gone. He knew he couldn’t coexist in the tough program coach Sampson demanded. This situation is unfathomable.

This is WAY worse in my opinion. There was nothing keeping Muni from playing except his softness and it has to be hurting the team for him to be sitting on the bench while his team is out there battling. I can’t believe coach Kruger has allowed this to happen. This is not high school, this is high level D1 basketball. The difference between those other guys and this situation is that Brown and Raymond didn’t quit on their teams. They smoked dope, LIKE 90% OF COLLEGE BASKETBALL PLAYERS (at least the ones I knew when
I was in college). Lavender was a soft whiner and guess what, he was gone. He knew he couldn’t coexist in the tough program coach Sampson demanded. This situation is unfathomable.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion. I respectfully disagree that having one player not exhibit toughness is way worse than having several guys who break the law and can't stay out of trouble. Contrary to popular belief, college students are perfectly capable of making good decisions and not getting in trouble. And while JR and Brown didn't officially quit on the team, they more or less did so by continuing to break rules and in effect forcing their departures.

Jamuni had a full practice today

I’m guessing he gives it a go

Why so offensive? You have posted here long enough to know vbdad has the goods in relation to OU basketball insider info.

Just because i guess i can't understand how its even possible that a senior just doesn't really care.. but perhaps hes right on. Just such a crazy claim bc i cant even comprehend it. Wanted more explanation. I guess I'm taking it as true now

Just because i guess i can't understand how its even possible that a senior just doesn't really care.. but perhaps hes right on. Just such a crazy claim bc i cant even comprehend it. Wanted more explanation. I guess I'm taking it as true now

This was my line of thinking as well.

If Muni isn't busting his butt to play, that is clearly a problem and something he deserves to be criticized for. But I notice a lot of the anti-Lon crew using this as an example of lack of leadership, discipline, and accountability in the program. To those folks, I would ask -- is it worse than Raymond and Brown getting booted from the program because they wouldn't stop smoking dope? Or guys like Lavender and Foust generally acting like fools and eventually leaving the program? Was the discipline lacking then? If so, does that staff deserve any blame, or is that solely reserved for Lon in this situation?

Wouldn't being booted from the program be discipline?

Exactly why i love sampson. And im tired of kruger... dont play him at all or dismiss him if he wants to sit

Dr. Jonathan Haidt, Dr. Norman Doidge, and momma all agree with me.

Does this mean all college students possess the same maturity skills and do all 30 year olds act accordingly. Clearly it is an ad hoc situation determined by one's self and the environment in which they are exposed to.

Jamuni had a full practice today

I’m guessing he gives it a go

Good for him! But, if I was Lon I would let Muni watch the game from the bench. I have said on two game threads that he is obviously happier on the bench, laughing and yucking it up with some of his teammates. As bizarre as it may appear, he seems to be happier there.

IMHO, this is not a Lon Kruger issue. I think this decision should be laid squarely at Jamuni’s feet. He wouldn’t be the first player with the potential to play in the league someday to decide for one reason or another he doesn’t want to play anymore. Muni is an intelligent young man. I have also been told that he is one of the best liked students on campus. For all we know, he may be planning to apply for med school or use his personality and smarts in a way none of us have thought of.

If he plays on Friday like the Muni of old, no one will have to remind me that a platter of crow is waiting for me. Nothing I would like better than to be wrong on this one!

Does this mean all college students possess the same maturity skills and do all 30 year olds act accordingly. Clearly it is an ad hoc situation determined by one's self and the environment in which they are exposed to.

females reach mental maturity at a younger age ... but for males it's pretty much 26-28 across the board. so no it's all of them. the males that is.

A ton?

Classic case of hyperbole. He didn't improve a ton in the entire time he was at OU much less between year 1 and year 2.

This just isn’t true. Look at film his freshman year compared to senior.

Is that whats affecting mcnease? Lmao...

No it appears McNeace has decided to be a bench player, he’s always been soft but he seems to be a good teammate from the bench. My guess is that if he wasn’t a senior he would be processed in the off season like McGusty & Shepherd.

No it appears McNeace has decided to be a bench player, he’s always been soft but he seems to be a good teammate from the bench. My guess is that if he wasn’t a senior he would be processed in the off season like McGusty & Shepherd.

No greater insult as a man than to be called soft imo. Good luck to the millennial. Hope he figures stuff out, but he will regret this all someday prolly imo.. but maybe he just simply doesn't like it or care, and if so, he ought to have just quit. No shame in that if its just not for you

I am trying to figure out what happens if a starter walks up to Coach K, Bob Knight, Tom Izzo, Kelvin Sampson, Bob Huggins, etc and pulls something like this.

Back