Mississippi State has won their last two by 32 and 27

thebigabd

Reaction score
Great... catching them in stride apparently. Beat Mizzou 72-45 and then beat Georgia 91-59. They play a good Arkansas team tonight so we will get a good look at them.

Unfortunately for OU, they are a huge team with a lot of talent. No idea why they are 11-6. This is a bad matchup and a dangerous game for OU. In the Baylor thread, I noted it was a good matchup for OU and predicted a close game... OU is fairly predictable on what is a good or bad matchup for the team.

This team, despite their record, appears to have a lot of talent and tons of size.

G - Tyson Carter (6'4'' 175 Senior) - Averages 14 points and 2 rebounds per game, and 4 assists per game. Top 100 player out of high school and has played in over 100 games.
G - Nick Weatherspoon (6'2'' 185 Junior) - Averages 13 points and 3 rebounds per game.. Preseason All SEC 3rd team. Ranked #5 point guard in nation out of high school.
SF - Robert Woodard (6'7'' 235 Sophomore) - Huge wing that averages 12 points and 8 rebounds per game. Shoots 51% from the 3pt line. #30 overall player out of high school. Gatorade Player of Year in Mississippi.
F - Abdul Ado (6'11'' 255) - Averages 6 points and 7 rebounds per game. Blocks about 2 shots per game. #76 overall player out of high school.
F - Reggie Perry (6'10'' 250) - Averages 16.4 points and 10 rebounds per game. Their best player. Was a McDonalds All-American in high school. MVP of the FIBA U19 team. Guy is a total stud. Has range out to the 3 point line as well. Future pro player.

To give you an idea on Perry, check out some of these games.

26 points and 17 rebounds vs Kent State
23 points and 10 rebounds vs Mizzou
22 points, 12 rebounds, and 6 assists vs Mizzou
21 points and 12 rebounds vs Auburn
13 points and 15 rebounds vs LSU

The guy is a beast.

Weatherspoon was hurt early on & Perry was playing bad for a stretch. They have top 25 talent, hope OU plays as hard as they did yesterday. They play slower & crash offensive boards hard, they are turnover prone.

This is almost a must win imo. I don’t feel great about it, though.

This is almost a must win imo. I don’t feel great about it, though.

I don't think this is must win at all, even though it obviously helps to win. It will be counted as a neutral game against a quality team. If OU goes 8-10 or better in conference I like their chances, 9-9 or 8-10 with a tourney win I think it's a lock.

Why is this necessary? Are we trying to stifle conversation? Are we trying to run off our thread starters?

Traveler is gone.
abd next?

There is a group that is trying to do exactly that... stifle conversation that they don't agree with. They don't start many threads of their own, but that is exactly what they are doing.

There is a group that is trying to do exactly that... stifle conversation that they don't agree with. They don't start many threads of their own, but that is exactly what they are doing.

Get'em tickets to "The View."

Many of the trolls try to stifle those of us on the other side, too. Can't even begin to count how many times I have been accused of "arguing just to argue" by a couple of our most frequent posters. I can handle it, but if people are going to complain, they shouldn't act like it is a one-way street.

I don't think this is must win at all, even though it obviously helps to win. It will be counted as a neutral game against a quality team. If OU goes 8-10 or better in conference I like their chances, 9-9 or 8-10 with a tourney win I think it's a lock.

Agreed
Good big picture goal we should all be checking in with.
Wish we were better but we are who we are. I will say I think the bench is developing more so than previous years. Hopefully that pays dividends in Feb and into next season.

I agree with this... because it is out of conference I don't think it is a must win. The TCU game was absolutely a must-win. You can't lose that game at home. and be 11-7 right now.

The first 6 conferences games have been favorable to OU... They are 3-3 in those games. A bad KSU team at home, a bad UT team, a bad ISU team, and TCU at home. Baylor and Kansas are obviously not favorable for anyone really.

The next 5 games are:
Miss State at home
at Kansas State
OSU at home
at Texas Tech
West Virginia at home

If OU goes 3-2 in this stretch, they will be 15-9. I think this is an important STRETCH of games, but the MSU game itself isn't a must win. They really need to go 3-2 in that stretch though, because things get really iffy if they dont.

Because the next 6 after that are:
Iowa State
at Kansas
Baylor
at OSU
Texas Tech
at West Virginia

If they go 3-2 in the first stretch and get to 15-9.... and go 3-3 in the second stretch, they will be at 18-12 heading into TCU and Texas, who they should beat. That is likely ISU, OSU, and Texas Tech.

If you go into the last 2 games at 18-12, you may already have enough for the tournament, but getting to 20-12 should definitely be enough.

Thoughts on that breakdown?

I agree with this... because it is out of conference I don't think it is a must win. The TCU game was absolutely a must-win. You can't lose that game at home. and be 11-7 right now.

The first 6 conferences games have been favorable to OU... They are 3-3 in those games. A bad KSU team at home, a bad UT team, a bad ISU team, and TCU at home. Baylor and Kansas are obviously not favorable for anyone really.

The next 5 games are:
Miss State at home
at Kansas State
OSU at home
at Texas Tech
West Virginia at home

If OU goes 3-2 in this stretch, they will be 15-9. I think this is an important STRETCH of games, but the MSU game itself isn't a must win. They really need to go 3-2 in that stretch though, because things get really iffy if they dont.

Iowa State
at Kansas
Baylor
at OSU
Texas Tech
at West Virginia

If they go 3-2 in the first stretch and get to 15-9.... and go 3-3 in the second stretch, they will be at 18-12 heading into TCU and Texas, who they should beat. That is likely ISU, OSU, and Texas Tech.

If you go into the last 2 games at 18-12, you may already have enough for the tournament, but getting to 20-12 should definitely be enough.

Dead on. I would take this scenario right now

The next 5 games are:
Miss State at home
at Kansas State
OSU at home
at Texas Tech
West Virginia at home

Iowa State
at Kansas
Baylor
at OSU
Texas Tech
at West Virginia

Agreed

The next 5 games are:
Miss State at home
at Kansas State
OSU at home
at Texas Tech
West Virginia at home

Iowa State
at Kansas
Baylor
at OSU
Texas Tech
at West Virginia

I concur.

I think 3-2 may be hard here. Need the MSU win to get there. At KSU is winnable but we know about that hell hole!

Why is this necessary? Are we trying to stifle conversation? Are we trying to run off our thread starters?

Traveler is gone.
abd next?

not trying to stifle anything but lets be clear

the overwelming negitive posters and the trolls are the ones that drive people away

Back