My Take On The Conference So Far

cowboysooner

Reaction score
Kansas = Best team I have seen.

Texas = Not as good as Kansas, so not as good as I thought they would be

Neb, K State, T Tech = are better than last year and I thought they would be

Missouri, Iowa state and Baylor = jury is still out

OU and OSU = Have seen them the most and have no idea what they will do this year. Both schools could finish anywhere from 3d to last.

OU -- I like our talent and think good things are going to happen ultimately, but I'm not sure it will be this year -- could be though. I just don't have a feel for either team. Maybe by conference, we will know something.

OU isn't going to finish last. Heck, IMO, we aren't really at risk to finish below 6th or 7th, and most likely we'll be 4th or 5th.

I think at worst we're 8-8, probably 9-7 or 10-6 in conference.

I think 8-8 is an NCAA bid this year...

I think at worst we're 8-8, probably 9-7 or 10-6 in conference.

I think 8-8 is an NCAA bid this year...
Depends on how we finish up out of conference. If we could somehow win out and get to 11 non conference wins, add 8 conference wins and a win in the big 12 tournament to get to 20 I can see us getting in with only 8 conference wins. But if we struggle and drop any or two of at Utah, UTEP and at Gonzaga this team is going to need 9-7 or 10-6 to make the tournament. Those early loses to San Diego and Houston will haunt us if we're a bubble team.

Depends on how we finish up out of conference. If we could somehow win out and get to 11 non conference wins, add 8 conference wins and a win in the big 12 tournament to get to 20 I can see us getting in with only 8 conference wins. But if we struggle and drop any or two of at Utah, UTEP and at Gonzaga this team is going to need 9-7 or 10-6 to make the tournament. Those early loses to San Diego and Houston will haunt us if we're a bubble team.

This.

OU isn't going to finish last. Heck, IMO, we aren't really at risk to finish below 6th or 7th, and most likely we'll be 4th or 5th.

I agree. There is no way that OU or OSU finishes last. That would take a rash of injuries to guys like Anderson, Warren, and Gallon.

Kansas = Best team I have seen.

Texas = Not as good as Kansas, so not as good as I thought they would be

Neb, K State, T Tech = are better than last year and I thought they would be

Missouri, Iowa state and Baylor = jury is still out

OU and OSU = Have seen them the most and have no idea what they will do this year. Both schools could finish anywhere from 3d to last.

OU -- I like our talent and think good things are going to happen ultimately, but I'm not sure it will be this year -- could be though. I just don't have a feel for either team. Maybe by conference, we will know something.

I agree KU is dominant. Texas is what I thought they'd be, deep but missing Abrams outside shot. I dont think Tech has shown their true colors yet. They have one big win and the rest were creampuffs that they should have beaten. The only team you left off is Texas A&M who is ranked #17 right now and should be considered a surprise. I agree though that Missouri, ISU and Baylor are still a mystery.

Back