Need to win Saturday

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
I thought we needed to win @ATM or @Tech to set up for postseason play. If we can grab 7 home wins (already have 2) and win at either Colo or Nub then we will finish at 9-7 and be set up nicely for an NIT run. Might need to still grab on in the first round of the Big 12 Tourney.

Thoughts?

Honestly, I think we need to win @CU and @NU because I'm not very confident that we can win 7 at home. We might even need to win @OSU. I think home games against UT, KSU, and even BU are gonna be tough to win. I think we go anywhere from 10-6 at best to 8-8 at worst (hopefully).

If we go 10-6 (doubtful) and win 2 games in the BIG 12, can we make the Big Dance?

The committee always seems to care how you finished,not how you started.

Honestly, I think we need to win @CU and @NU because I'm not very confident that we can win 7 at home. We might even need to win @OSU. I think home games against UT, KSU, and even BU are gonna be tough to win. I think we go anywhere from 10-6 at best to 8-8 at worst (hopefully).

I think 7 at home is pretty do-able, barring a letdown game against a team like ISU. I actually like how we matchup with KState.

I think 7 at home is pretty do-able, barring a letdown game against a team like ISU. I actually like how we matchup with KState.

But what about BU? They beat us by 31 at there place and are taking KU to the wire in Lawrence.

But what about BU? They beat us by 31 at there place and are taking KU to the wire in Lawrence.

We better hope we have a similar crowd as we had last year for the bears and that the shots are falling against their zone.

You could be right but I think we can win 7 at home.

We better hope we have a similar crowd as we had last year for the bears and that the shots are falling against their zone.

You could be right but I think we can win 7 at home.

I don't disagree, but I think it's possible that we only win 5 at home. Hopefully not. Would be awesome to win all 8 (also definitely not out of the question, but not probable). Go Sooners! Rally the troops WWIII and make it happen!

9-7 in the league puts us in the NIT without a doubt. 8-8 would probably be good enough. 7-9 and it starts to get dicey.

Baylor, with their length and that zone, is going to be a tough matchup for us even in Norman.

But I think if we get to 8-8 we make the NIT. We can get in the tournament at 10-6, but that has to include a win over Texas in Norman and probably a win in the Big 12 tournament.

With as good as the Big 12 is this year, I think 9-7 with one win in the Big 12 tourney is good enough to get us in the NCAA even without a win over UT. I think 10-6 gets us in no matter what.

I just don't think there's any way 9-7 does it. We would have to reach the finals of the big 12 tourney to have any chance. Guys we are going to have one poor loss (VCU), one bad loss (UTEP), one really bad loss (Houston) and one absolutely horrible loss (San Diego) on our resume.

Our non conference play basically means we have to go 10-6 at the least to get in. If we hadn't mailed it in Alaska then I think 9-7 would've got us in but now there are just too many bad losses.

With as good as the Big 12 is this year, I think 9-7 with one win in the Big 12 tourney is good enough to get us in the NCAA even without a win over UT. I think 10-6 gets us in no matter what.

9-7 would leave a lot to chance, but yeah, I think it is possible. I guess that is the luxury of playing in the toughest conference in the country (my opinion).

Needed one this week, so we have to get it at TT. 7 home wins and another couple on the road, play Friday in KC, and we're in for sure.

I just don't think there's any way 9-7 does it. We would have to reach the finals of the big 12 tourney to have any chance. Guys we are going to have one poor loss (VCU), one bad loss (UTEP), one really bad loss (Houston) and one absolutely horrible loss (San Diego) on our resume.

Seems that the selection committee focuses more on the level of play towards the end of the season where improvement can be made as well as seen. So far the Big 12 is seen as one of the top two conferences this year. If this were to continue for the remainder of the season a team with a winning conference record would get the nod especially if some of the wins were against some of its stronger opponents.

9-7 plus one win in the Big 12 tourney puts us at 19 wins and how you finish is much more important than how you start.

Are we talking NCAA tourn. or the NIT here? I have seen several posts on each. If OU goes 9-7 they are an NIT lock, IMO. 10-6 with 1 or 2 Big 12 Tourn. wins and I think NCAA tournament is still very possible.

Seems that the selection committee focuses more on the level of play towards the end of the season where improvement can be made as well as seen. So far the Big 12 is seen as one of the top two conferences this year. If this were to continue for the remainder of the season a team with a winning conference record would get the nod especially if some of the wins were against some of its stronger opponents.

I agree, especially if we can get wins over Texas and K-State at home.

Back