New top 3 for Rickey Scott...

Here you go Tboy
This was taken from Big Time's 4th pick up report.
2010 - Rickey Scott, LG, Dallas (Irving-McArthur HS). Rickey is a strong bodied guard (think T.J. Taylor and Terrence Boyd) that can play both the point and the wing. He looks to be around 6’4”. His game is very much centered on dribble penetration, where he displays a nice midrange game and an ability to finish in heavy traffic at the rim. He is a plus athlete and demonstrated this with several big dunks and acrobatic steals. He is an unselfish player sometimes to the point of being flawed. There were several times when his team was down that he deferred to other players instead of taking over the game. He has a decent looking shooting stroke, and puts a good trajectory on his shots. Showed the ability to use the glass from the midrange. Was pretty average at the free throw line. Demonstrated above average court vision and accuracy with his passes. He seemed comfortable dribbling with his off-hand (left).

Needs to work on consistency from the three point line. Would swish a difficult three, then several possessions later, air-ball a similar shot. Also needs to tighten up his handles as it cost him a couple of times in the open floor. He also tended to get caught up in the air, and had to force passes that would get intercepted in major college basketball. He also did not crash the boards like he is capable of doing.

I still beleive that if Capel gives him an offer he will be a Sooner.

Let's get him........If Doron Lamb and Jerian Grant go elsewhere.

I think he would workout well at Marquette. He has the body to bang in the Big East. I wish him the best.

Rivals also says that Scott now has an offer from Arkansas.

Hello,
I am a Marquette fan that frequents MarquetteHoops.com and I was looking to see what you all have heard regarding the Rickey Scott recruitment as of late. We at MarquetteHoops.com have been following your threads regarding Scott for a little while now and you all seem knowledgeable on what is going on behind the scenes, what do you see happening?
-Bleedbluegold03

Hello,
I am a Marquette fan that frequents MarquetteHoops.com and I was looking to see what you all have heard regarding the Rickey Scott recruitment as of late. We at MarquetteHoops.com have been following your threads regarding Scott for a little while now and you all seem knowledgeable on what is going on behind the scenes, what do you see happening?
-Bleedbluegold03

Welcome to the board, BBG! I think it is great that Buzz is still combing through Texas to pull out talent. It will serve him (and MU fans) well. I really do think that Rickey would fit in well in your system.

The latest that I have heard from the national scene is that Missouri is really coming on strong. Oklahoma has still yet to offer him a scholarship, but my gut feeling tells me that he will already be off the board before the Sooners do.

Big Time,
Thank you for your response. Do you have any idea on the time table of his recruitment? I understand that we are having him come at the end of the month for our Elite Camp but with our commitment from Jamail Jones, a 6'6" WG, yesterday I am not sure what will happen with him. If you had to handicap it which MU would you give the lean to?
Thanks again,
BBG

Big Time,
Thank you for your response. Do you have any idea on the time table of his recruitment? I understand that we are having him come at the end of the month for our Elite Camp but with our commitment from Jamail Jones, a 6'6" WG, yesterday I am not sure what will happen with him. If you had to handicap it which MU would you give the lean to?
Thanks again,
BBG

MU is going to get a ton of Texas guys and maybe cherry pick an Oklahoma kid as well. Buzz coached with a good friend of mine and he pretty much has a good reputation with alot of these southwest area coaches.

Big Time,
Thanks again,
BBG

I would say Mizzou has the better chance due to his liking of the Big 12 conference and Coach Anderson's style of play, but who knows? Good luck to you guys this season. I have a good buddy that helped me start a student hoops group at OU who is attending law school at MU, so I am pulling you guys.

Back