Nolan Dennis visit?

Sooner23

Reaction score
Anyone heard any rumblings as to when he may check out Norman?

Where were the coaches. I suspect he'll visit during the week since alot of the coaches are going out on the recruiting trail. I think that during the recruiting season you can only have two assistants out and one stays in. Does anyone know the assistants that are hitting the recruiting trail. Has Talifero been going out? I see reports of Kline and Betts at gyms, but not much about Talifero.

Another twist in the Henry Saga might affect us with Dennis. Carl Henry came out and said that the Henry's won't visit UK. Now he says they'll visit UK this weekend, the report that recruiting analyst have made the last two weeks. It looks like this situation may come down to the NCAA releasing CJ from Memphis. Having a family member with a similar situation get a waiver release, and eligiblity for an extreme family situation would lead me to think CJ will get released, but the interviews and recruiting circus may be something that the NCAA frowns on.

Now they’re going to visit Kentucky at the end of this week,” Carl Henry said early Monday afternoon. “My youngest son [Xavier] called me and said he wanted to go visit. It just happened thirty minutes ago.”

Carl had initially told reporters the boys would not visit and would announce Wednesday between Kansas, Kentucky and Memphis. Now that decision — and potentially Lance Stephenson’s as well — will be put off. Stephenson could end up at Kansas if the Henrys go to Kentucky or remain at Memphis; and he could go to St. John’s or Maryland if they pick Kansas.

“Both of them get out of school Friday,” Carl said. “They’re both going to go visit [Kentucky].”

Both Kentucky coach John Calipari and Kansas coach Bill Self flew to New York Saturday night to make their recruiting pitch to Xavier.

“I wasn’t there,” Carl said. “I was out of town myself. They just said it was the same recruiting stuff.”

Asked when the boys might decide, Carl said: “I couldn’t tell you, man. I”m so ready for it to be over with.”

Xavier Henry, the No. 3 recruit in the Class of 2009, told me last week he could still end up at Memphis even though he and his brother have secured their releases.
“It depends on if my brother can get out of his thing and go transfer and play his first year,” Xavier said. “If he can’t then I might still play with him at Memphis. I don’t know yet.”

C.J., a walk-on at Memphis, would need to transfer to either Kansas or Kentucky and then appeal the NCAA for a waiver to allow him to play immediately. Yet there’s no guarantee that will happen. Such waivers are only granted in extreme circumstances, such as when a family member is dying.

“It’ll take time,” Henry said. “I don’t know. It could be quick. It could take a long time. It’s just the NCAA, whatever they decide.”

I don't have a Rivals subscription, but I saw this headline on the main page:

Five-star Xavier Henry calls off visit to Kentucky

And it's dated for today...

I don't have a Rivals subscription, but I saw this headline on the main page:

Five-star Xavier Henry calls off visit to Kentucky

And it's dated for today...

The one I posted was an interview Henry did on Zag report about an hour ago.

Asked when the boys might decide, Carl said: “I couldn’t tell you, man. I”m so ready for it to be over with.”

Trust us Carl, we're ready for it to be over with too. Probably not for the same reasons you are, however.

This article is more recent. He called off the visit to Kentucky and will announce on Wednesday.

Weird. Two articles on the same day saying totally different things. Does the rivals article make mention of the scheduled visit to UK? Seems like he's going to KU, which is something I'm not a fan of. I think Option 2 for UK is Dennis. I hope Dennis doesn't roll with UK after being dropped like a sack of potatoes.

UPDATE

Apparently, Henry did an initial interview saying that no trip needed to be scheduled. Then he Xavier called him and said he does want to visit UK. some KU fans are assuming that he already decided on UK, but Carl is making them visit first.

Back