>>>>>Oklahoma [3-1] vs. Abilene Christian [2-1] Gameday Thread<<<<<

Re: >>>>>Oklahoma [3-1] vs. Abilene Christian [2-1] Gameday Thread<<<<<

The problem with internet body language experts is that they are just always looking for some subtle tell that whatever they already believed is true. It's not real analysis of a player, it's just completely reaching. People think because they see a player on TV 20 times a year they understand the inner-workings of their mind and it just isn't true. I've seen Woodard smile in games he's played well and look intent without smiling in games he's played well. Conclusion: I don't care if he smiles.

He didnt smile in HS much either. It's nothing about being relaxed or anything else. Barring injury he'll start every game of his college career. He's relaxed.

He's a competitor. End of story

Some players get criticized for never smiling, others for smiling too much. I wish coaches would teach their players the exact right amount to smile during a game.

He didnt smile in HS much either. It's nothing about being relaxed or anything else. Barring injury he'll start every game of his college career. He's relaxed.

He's a competitor. End of story

Except the first 35!

Some players get criticized for never smiling, others for smiling too much. I wish coaches would teach their players the exact right amount to smile during a game.

This is on Lon!

He's like a mad scientist in the early part of the season, experimenting and tinkering trying to find the right combinations and rotation. It may be ugly and frustrating now, but it will pay dividends later on.

No question! Just as he elects not to call timeouts and make adjustments early in the season when the team is floundering. Choosing instead to let them work themselves out of the situation. He knows those dividends for his patience will win him some ballgames come conference and post season.

Kruger did start Freeman and Strong-Moore to begin the second half instead of Odomes and Lattin who had scored only 3 points together in the first half but after starting the second half on the bench came back strong to score 19 points the second half.

Now we just need to have the same patience to allow this team to learn on their own and by Kruger's plan. Exasperating I know, as I often want to kick the chair in front of me but choose to bite my lip instead. It is just Kruger's way.

Last edited:

I still think this team is going to take its lumps this season, but they are going to be unreal good in a couple years if Trae Young signs.

The problem with internet body language experts is that they are just always looking for some subtle tell that whatever they already believed is true. It's not real analysis of a player, it's just completely reaching. People think because they see a player on TV 20 times a year they understand the inner-workings of their mind and it just isn't true. I've seen Woodard smile in games he's played well and look intent without smiling in games he's played well. Conclusion: I don't care if he smiles.

No one is claiming to be an "internet body language expert." Now that's some reaching right there plus some self dramatization thrown in to boot! (who would have thought, but if it gets you through the day then let her rip) All that was stated was he does not smile (a simple dimple observation) and now undergarments need a smile of their own for if any of you have a child/children it would plainly suffice if they always had a long look on their face and it would be just peachy? People, people being people.................Obviously when a run of the mill observation is placed and it then results in the 'Bounty' being taken over it is much more significant in itself than reading facial expressions. I hope some of you were able to make it through Thanksgiving in one piece when the stuffing was onerously referred to as dressing (oh the horror of it all). That's it Marge, we're leaving!

Last edited:

I give coach lon a wide latitude of deference. he certainly knows what he is doing so far be it for me to criticize him. I think we'd need to know much more about james to evaluate him based on his smile or lack thereof. I coached many kids who were having a blast and never smiled. personally I would rather see the smile too. But consider the Josh Norman thing thursday with dez and how norman spins himself up to play. different people, different things.

I give coach lon a wide latitude of deference. he certainly knows what he is doing so far be it for me to criticize him. I think we'd need to know much more about james to evaluate him based on his smile or lack thereof. I coached many kids who were having a blast and never smiled. personally I would rather see the smile too. But consider the Josh Norman thing thursday with dez and how norman spins himself up to play. different people, different things.

Exactly! We're all different. I prefer a stern face with a determined look that says without uttering a word, "I'm going to kick your arse before this game is over!" A smiling face when things aren't going well is downright offensive to me. If I was a coach I would bench a player who smiled after a turnover or missing a layup.

Having said that, I trust Lon to know how to motivate each player on the team. They're all different.

Most players don't smile on the court.

Back