>>>>>Oklahoma [3-1] vs. Abilene Christian [2-1] Gameday Thread<<<<<

Re: >>>>>Oklahoma [3-1] vs. Abilene Christian [2-1] Gameday Thread<<<<<

Woodard taking over.

nope. you're right. we are searching for answers handling the ball.

We are hurting there.....which begs the question...where is James? He should play 35 minutes a game.

if abilene christian is predicted to finish at the bottom of the southland like someone said above then thats gonna be a decent conference. they have nice active d.

I read it all the time on this board....it is Kruger's MO to tinker with different lineups during non-con. I don't mind that at all, however I would prefer that he did more tinkering when we had double-digit leads.

And as we come back from the under 12 timeout, we have the most puzzling lineup on the floor....and still no James. I just don't understand it.

Do I get flack for saying this is an embarrassing performance now?

James is 1-5 from the field, and a remarkable zero for three from the line. Two turnovers, two fouls. Looks like he took himself out of the game.

Not when you do it without using some of the uh, colorful words you're known for. ;)

yes. unless you are out on the floor missing ft's and turning over the ball.

if abilene christian is predicted to finish at the bottom of the southland like someone said above then thats gonna be a decent conference. they have nice active d.

The announcers said they are picked to finish in the top half, which would support 7th place finish on one site I visited.

Incarnate Word, another Southland team, had Texas on the ropes until the final minute or so.

James is 1-5 from the field, and a remarkable zero for three from the line. Two turnovers, two fouls. Looks like he took himself out of the game.

He is the second best player on the team and I don't think he has played 20 minutes yet. When Jordan is having an off game, he doesn't sit that long. It is just frustrating to watch a team struggle when you don't have to struggle (i.e. intentionally not playing one of your best players for prolonged periods).

The announcers said they are picked to finish in the top half, which would support 7th place finish on one site I visited.

well the southland should be a decent conference then. these guys play good ball.

No one's putting the newspaper clippings from this one up on their fridge. Let's just get a win.

He is the second best player on the team and I don't think he has played 20 minutes yet. When Jordan is having an off game, he doesn't sit that long. It is just frustrating to watch a team struggle when you don't have to struggle (i.e. intentionally not playing one of your best players for prolonged periods).
The point is that he has to have his head in the game. Starting is earned, not a privilege.

that little ricks kid has a lot of heart.

No one's putting the newspaper clippings from this one up on their fridge. Let's just get a win.

LOL thats usually the quote we use for the christmas break game .

Lots of different lineups. Kruger magic

Man, where is James? Maybe he just isn't going to be the next "guy".

The point is that he has to have his head in the game. Starting is earned, not a privilege.

I don't necessarily disagree with you. It just seems that he was singled out for some reason. And I can also name 3 or 4 other players that made multiple bone-headed mistakes and turnovers.....and they sure as hell weren't sitting that long (when they should have been). Some of those unnamed players don't need to be playing more than 5 minutes per game.....just my perception.

Man, where is James? Maybe he just isn't going to be the next "guy".

His shot wasn't falling. Happens to the best of them.

I think some make mistakes when they are operating at full capacity. James can do better. So. You sit him to get his attention. A key shooter shouldn't be missing free throws. He should be finding better shots. If he isn't forced to take notice, wili he?

Back